Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
321 replies to this topic

#301 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hansen looked incredible last night. Easily the best player on the ice. 3 points in 2 games as a father!

The PP has got to start converting. We played well enough to win. Proud of the boys for bouncing back down 2.

Edited by Sea2Sky Country, 06 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#302 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Why is Schroeder on the 4th line. You want a 5'9" player to develop into a 4th line role player. AV doesnt know what to do with Kassian and Schroeder, I wont say he can't develop young players, but putting Schroeder on a line where all hes supposed to do is dump it in and keep offensive pressure, instead of using his shot, speed, and vision is pretty stupid.

like him on the pp though, unlike most people

/rant

Posted Image

#303 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

advocating, not really but when the player comes through and earns AV's respect they become solid players.

you cannot deny the culture he builds, players want to stay here for less money.

Grabner and CoHo for whatever reason did not fit the AV mould.

Im not condoning it, its just a fact.

Do you think it's AV's culture or MG's culture?
MG is the one that came in and asked for more funding for things like the locker room, nutritionalist/meal plans, sleep doctors, etc.
Also do some players sign in Van for less because of AV or because either they are from BC, they want to be part of a winning organization while living in a beautiful city where the fan base is passionate about hockey?

I just don't like a coach who doesn't recognize talent and buries players. Those players if they have high end talent will succeed elsewhere but I am concerned over those players that are still in the Canucks organization who may never reach their full potential due to AV's unwillingness to put them in situations to succeed.

#304 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

It takes talent to spell a guy's name 3 different ways in 1 post.

Yeah what a fail... lol
I was typing quickly... i should proofread.

#305 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma
Schneider on Burish goal: "I came out to challenge and Henrik got his stick on it just as he let it go. I missed it by a quarter of a inch."

Blame game?

Imagine the reaction here if Luongo said that...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#306 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Sounds like a matter of fact description of the play. All it says to me is Schneider knows it was a hockey play and has stopped letting the media get to him with questioning everything he does. The media is gonna get snarled at more and more as this team gains confidence to match their skill. They're a cancer on this city's love for hockey. The thing is, most fans are sick of the constant inquisition too, and applaud the team telling them to frack off more and more.

Keswho.jpg

#307 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma
Schneider on Burish goal: "I came out to challenge and Henrik got his stick on it just as he let it go. I missed it by a quarter of a inch."

Blame game?

Except for the part where it didn't hit Henrik's stick. That's a pretty crapty thing for him to say IMO.
Posted Image

#308 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well at least yesterday's game was pretty exciting the watch. The worst part was having a boring game which we end up losing anyways.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#309 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Sounds like a matter of fact description of the play. All it says to me is Schneider knows it was a hockey play and has stopped letting the media get to him with questioning everything he does. The media is gonna get snarled at more and more as this team gains confidence to match their skill. They're a cancer on this city's love for hockey. The thing is, most fans are sick of the constant inquisition too, and applaud the team telling them to frack off more and more.

Except it didn't hit Hank's stick and even if it did this place would be up in arms if Luongo said it.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#310 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Garrison had one good season and can't skate. Not convinced. Also I wouldn't be opposed to trading Edler for an actual skilled 2nd liner. He is expendable at this point and we have too many 3rd line grinders playing top 6 minutes. Need more skill on the team.

I bet you all 29 other teams would be lined up to offer you their best second liner in return for edler.. Just because he's in a slump doesn't mean he's still not a top dman in the league. Might not be a Norris dman but he's still a top defenseman that any team would be jumping all over if available. Trading him for a second line player would be one of the dumbest moves in franchise history lol

#311 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Except it didn't hit Hank's stick and even if it did this place would be up in arms if Luongo said it.

I clearly remember a few years ago when Lou was on a cold streak and was kicking a lot of bad rebounds into the slot saying "the defense has to start clearing the rebounds, I'm being forced to make 2nd and third saves". Lou a few years ago would toss his team under the bus frequently to take the blame off himself. Cory is a young goalie and will learn to use his words carefully just as Lou has.

#312 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

I clearly remember a few years ago when Lou was on a cold streak and was kicking a lot of bad rebounds into the slot saying "the defense has to start clearing the rebounds, I'm being forced to make 2nd and third saves". Lou a few years ago would toss his team under the bus frequently to take the blame off himself. Cory is a young goalie and will learn to use his words carefully just as Lou has.

Yet when Lou said it this place blew up Cory says it nothing happens, Lou's right this town loves it's back ups.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#313 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yet when Lou said it this place blew up Cory says it nothing happens, Lou's right this town loves it's back ups.

Awe poor Lu just can't catch a break. We should all wear a pink shirt for him tomorrow he's been bullied for far too long

#314 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Awe poor Lu just can't catch a break. We should all wear a pink shirt for him tomorrow he's been bullied for far too long

Or maybe people could react like they do for Schneider with Luongo...

RIP Luc Bourdon

#315 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was at the game last night. That Shorthanded goal was so deflating. PP really needs to start converting in big moments. Shootouts continue to be heartbreaking.

Hansen was amazing. Overall I think they deserved to win last night

Edited by CanuckianOne, 06 March 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#316 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Talk about trying ot make somethign out of nothing. Who cares?!!

Cory let in 2 goals, neither of which was weak and had a .933 save %. If the team can't win with that kind of performance, they're never going anywhere.

Fans here are always looking to blame the goalie they want traded. Nucks have become used to goalies that allow 2 or fewer goals, allowing the team to win games it shouldn't.

Our goalies are seldom to blame for losses. It is usually a lack of offence that this team struggles with and AV/MG have done virtually nothing to address that since the SCF where the Nucks couldn't score to save their lives. Nothing has changed to convince me the same won't happen this year and our goalies will once again have to have a GAA of 1 and a sv% of .988 for this team to compete.

#317 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Great points, except the one on Edler. He might have made somewhat less dumb plays towards the end, but that's more of a measure of how awful he was throughout the game. Also, you may want to recall his penalty in the final minutes, the game could have ended right there.

I don't think he was that bad near the end of the game honestly, and we got the PP in the final minutes.

Was terrible in the 1st, got a bit better in the 2nd and was fine in the 3rd, not great but fine.

zackass.png

#318 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

I bet you all 29 other teams would be lined up to offer you their best second liner in return for edler.. Just because he's in a slump doesn't mean he's still not a top dman in the league. Might not be a Norris dman but he's still a top defenseman that any team would be jumping all over if available. Trading him for a second line player would be one of the dumbest moves in franchise history lol

So you wouldn't even consider trading him for Bobby Ryan? Typical Canuck homer unwilling to shake up the core :sadno: :picard:

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#319 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Cory let in 2 goals, neither of which was weak and had a .933 save %. If the team can't win with that kind of performance, they're never going anywhere.

Fans here are always looking to blame the goalie they want traded. Nucks have become used to goalies that allow 2 or fewer goals, allowing the team to win games it shouldn't.

Our goalies are seldom to blame for losses. It is usually a lack of offence that this team struggles with and AV/MG have done virtually nothing to address that since the SCF where the Nucks couldn't score to save their lives. Nothing has changed to convince me the same won't happen this year and our goalies will once again have to have a GAA of 1 and a sv% of .988 for this team to compete.

I'm just trying to make sense of why everyone overreacts with Luongo. I'm not blaming either goalie. I just don't get why one gets crapped on for saying something like that while the other gets a free pass.

Edited by canuck73_3, 06 March 2013 - 08:12 PM.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#320 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

No ???? kidding. Making something out of nothing is right! Holy crap this place is retarted. Cory has already come out and said he's underperformed this year but now nooooo he's making excuses LOL. PLEASE.

I would say that the 2nd goal was a weak goal.. sure. Hell how about people start looking around at goaltending in the league and be lucky they have what they have. Holy hell this place melts down when a goalie lets in more than 2 goals.

Look at the league leaders in SV % this season. Anderson, Crawford, Bishop, Niemi, Letonen, Emery, Riemier, Ellis, Rask and Scrivens.. Theres's your top ten in the league ppl. Not exactly who you expected.. Its been a weird year i wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

#321 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,006 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

No ???? kidding. Making something out of nothing is right! Holy crap this place is retarted. Cory has already come out and said he's underperformed this year but now nooooo he's making excuses LOL. PLEASE.

I would say that the 2nd goal was a weak goal.. sure. Hell how about people start looking around at goaltending in the league and be lucky they have what they have. Holy hell this place melts down when a goalie lets in more than 2 goals.

Look at the league leaders in SV % this season. Anderson, Crawford, Bishop, Niemi, Letonen, Emery, Riemier, Ellis, Rask and Scrivens.. Theres's your top ten in the league ppl. Not exactly who you expected.. Its been a weird year i wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

I'm not saying people SHOULD, I'm just wondering why everytime Luongo says something along those lines people cry about it for days yet Schneider says it they keep their mouths shut. Yet most of those same people complain about AV's favoritism.

Again I don't think we should freak out over either of them for comments like that, just wondering why they get treated different for the same quotes is all.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#322 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm kinda glad they're both still here this season. If Schneider was on his own and he was playing at this level (fairly average) and was saying this stuff, Vancouver would be ripping him apart. If he's already saying things like this, I'm worried about what's going to happen in the future in Vancouver.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.