The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

Why pick Edler as the important seconds shooter ffs?!

There was Burrows, Schroeder, Raymond, Kassian, hell even Booth yet our genious coach put a defenceman..

Edler was the worst player in this game, almost knocked out our captain, but lets reward him in the shootout.... AV logic right there. :picard:

Now the OT PP.... Its a 4 on 3 ffs! why are they taking point shots all the way from the freaking blue line!? Work the down low play and create some opening! Instead they kept passing back to Edler who couldnt hit the ocean if he fell off a damn boat and nearly decapitated Henrik! :picard:

I see what you are saying but I feel like AV hasnt put Shroeder in a position to succeed. Shorider has done a great job of playing defensively and backchecking that AV thinks for some strange reason, that is Shroeder's strngth.

Shroder should be with guys like Kassian and Booth, big fast guys with hand that he can set up.

There's a reason he clicked so well with JVR for team USA. But hey what do I know...

Maybe playing with Weise is best for his development

I want the Canucks to win a Cup with every fiber of my being, but it seems like the window is closed, or maybe open just a crack. Teams like Chicago, Pittsburg and Boston are younger, faster and hungrier. And our only real trade asset is saddled with a contract that is virtually unmovable. This team hasn't been the same for over a year, and AV and his staff seem to have no ability to right the ship.

I think the Canucks will be better when pinizotto is back, we will be much more playoff ready, and we will play with a good edge, when pinizotto returns i would send schroeder down. He will develope better in the minors and also i think it is important for this team to have a bigger third line center considering how brutal playoffs can get. Thats why if we can crete chemistry between lapierre kassian and booth before playoffs starts and pinizotto sestito and weise we can have a very feisty bottom 6

I may get some heat for this but how much more rope is Schroeder going to get? I know everyone wants him moved up on the depth chart but he has one point and is -9 in his last ten games. -9??? Raymond has played well at Center but this team needs much more up the middle to legitimately contend. Right now the fourth line is getting scored upon almost every game while generating nothing. That isn't going to work in late April. They need that line to eat playoff minutes and not give up anything while chipping in along the way. In any playoff year you need four lines contributing but that is going to be even more important this year with the condensed schedule.

I agree he is not being put in the best position for him to succeed but Kassian and Booth are not exactly producing either. It is easy to say that AV should put this guy with this guy or whatever but the truth is that the only players giving the team any offence up front are on the first two lines. Why mess with that? Find guys who can play on the bottom two lines as opposed to constantly blaming the coach for the line combinations, Maybe Kassian, Booth and Schroeder just aren't ready right now? Eventually a player has to prove that he can play and produce regardless of his linemates. You can't just tuck a guy with the Sedins to pad his point totals and make him look good.

Kassian has pretty much the same numbers as Schroeder. 1 point and -6 in his last ten. Booth has 1 point in 7 games. Combined that trio has 3 points and are -15 in their last number of games. That makes brilliant sense as a line combination. That lack of production can't solely be blamed on the coach.

I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Canucks are on some endless loop where they keep playing the exact same way in order to prove that the system was in no way part of their collapse against the Bruins in the Finals.......

AV and Gillis seem frozen by fear to change anything.......

What game did you watch?

I watched this game with a dude from Meridian Mississippii he is 65 years old, it was the first hockey game he had ever watched.

He thought it was one of the most exciting sporting events he has ever seen.

They put up a good effort.

I really think we have just been cursed with bad bounces lately.

im not even worried.

Good game - much better overall effort...didn't like the finish...

Has a team ever traded 2 of their goalies in the same season?

Why can't we win in Shootouts????

Frustrating...if Schneider had stopped the 3rd Sharks one...we win...instead...like Luongo, he let's in 2 goals in the shoot out....

Sigh.......

I think the Canucks will be better when pinizotto is back, we will be much more playoff ready, and we will play with a good edge, when pinizotto returns i would send schroeder down. He will develope better in the minors and also i think it is important for this team to have a bigger third line center considering how brutal playoffs can get. Thats why if we can crete chemistry between lapierre kassian and booth before playoffs starts and pinizotto sestito and weise we can have a very feisty bottom 6

Yep, Schroeder has not been put in a position to succeed. He's been doing everything the coaches want from him, yet he's being played with scrubs.

I hope it doesn't turn into another situation where we trade this guy while his value is low and then he goes onto become a star like Hodgson and Grabner. If he's not part of the teams future, at least boost his value so you can get something worthwhile for him.

Hopefully AV's leash is getting shorter and shorter.

Thank god Hank was okay after that shot. Seeing Mark Staal was one of the most horrifying things I've witnessed as a hockey fan. Hope he'll be okay too.

Exciting game, glad we came back from 2 down. Is it just me or does someone on the opposition always get some "first" on the Canucks?

This inconsistency is so frustrating. These team hasn't been able to string together wins in a while now.

Archived