321 replies to this topic

#61 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I agree with what Gary Valk is saying on Sportsnet - Garrison needs to be on the PP, especially with Kesler and Bieksa out. It makes no sense at all to keep him out of the PP.

I also agree. Our coaches are idiots. I can't wait until AV is fired.

#62 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

as Mike D'antoni would say, we're gonna restart the season against columbus.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#63 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Kassian, and Schroeder grew up with the shoot out. They should get continued looks like the other players who keep getting looks.
A special teams overhaul would help!!!!! Gave up a shorty and no pp goals in 15 tries!!!!

#64 LazyCanuckk

LazyCanuckk

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

this team will never ever ever ever ever win anything ever, unless we change up the coaching staff, the entire team is stale, there is no drive, obviously the powerplay is not working and yet they are STILL USING THE SAME GOD DAMN STRATEGY THAT HAS NOT WORKED IN 2 YEARS

I have nothing to take away from Coach AVs ability over the years but honestly this team needs a shakeup, plain and simple, its time for some new coaching to come in and see if they can light the fire under the asses of this team.

#65 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Powerplay = discombobulated

That is all.

:picard:
Posted Image

#66 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Garrison was on the pp during the 4 on 3 for about 20 seconds unforunately the players on the ice were contempt keeping it down low and never gave him the puck for a one timer

#67 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

POPULAR

Good game - much better overall effort...didn't like the finish...

Has a team ever traded 2 of their goalies in the same season?

Why can't we win in Shootouts????

Frustrating...if Schneider had stopped the 3rd Sharks one...we win...instead...like Luongo, he let's in 2 goals in the shoot out....

Sigh.......

A shootout win requires

A. goals

B. Saves

You can't just keep making saves

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#68 High Violet

High Violet

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm going to kill myself.

#69 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

also on that 4 on 3 you have Mayray camped out infront of the net??? Not Kassian or Burr?

#70 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Hansen is no longer a fringe second liner, he is now a legitimate second liner.

#71 jza2k

jza2k

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

I don't know about Columbus. Keep in mind the Canucks are NOTORIOUS at playing equal or even worse than the bad teams.

#72 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Shootouts. What can I say?

Pretty sad when Edler slots in ahead of Burrows.

Burrows appears to have lost all confidence in his go-to move, haven't seen it in a while now.

goalies know it...he needs to add in something different based off that set up so a goalie doesn't know if he'll go forehand or back hand...

if he can do that then get the goalie guessing he'll be as dangerous but don't be naive thinking the 'book' isn't out on him/that move..

#73 philtbc829

philtbc829

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

:picard: well another shoot out loss and another 2 game losing streak....guess we should all be happy that they got a point even....

man the Nucks really suck on home ice in this shortened season....and looking at the standings ...the NW division is weakest division..wonder what MG will do now....

#74 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Edler on the point this season...

MISS MISS BLOCK MISS MISS POST MISS MISS GOAL MISS x100

SYvE9NH.gif

#75 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Short handed goals are unacceptable as well as losing shootout after shootout after shootout after shootout !!!!!!!! :picard:

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#76 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

I'm going to kill myself.

Whoa, calm down Dipietro..
Posted Image

#77 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Like i said Niemi played great and stopped all the shots on the pp and stole the game can't bury chances when the goalie is stopping them and playing great

at least its getting chances and going forward im sure it will get better just need some puck luck

But when its 4 on 3 and you only manage 2 shots, well...

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#78 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

- Edler needs to go back to Hockey 101 and learn how to receive a pass without it fumbling over his stick all the time.

- More emphasis needs to be put on getting the puck through to the net on the PP from the point

#79 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

this team will never ever ever ever ever win anything ever, unless we change up the coaching staff, the entire team is stale, there is no drive, obviously the powerplay is not working and yet they are STILL USING THE SAME GOD DAMN STRATEGY THAT HAS NOT WORKED IN 2 YEARS

I have nothing to take away from Coach AVs ability over the years but honestly this team needs a shakeup, plain and simple, its time for some new coaching to come in and see if they can light the fire under the asses of this team.

i guess people can't be happy without a win they expect the team to go 48-0 or 82-0 and 4-4 on the pp don't forget 3-3 on the pk giving up no goals

the team played great and deserved a win but like i said and what people fail to realize here is NIemi stole this game

#80 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Lets face it, you blame players for playing poorly, but it's the coach who decides who plays in certain situations.

AV is costing us wins in more ways than one right now.

I haven't blamed the coach that much in the past, but I've had enough. This team is better than this coach is letting them be right now.

I'm not saying fire him yet. But he should be on a shorter leash this season. If this play continues until the trade deadline, I think it's time for MG to make a move on a new coach.

Why wait. What are we 3-9 in our last 12? This team as it is today will not beat Chicago and I doubt if they could be most teams in a 7 game series. Unless we win the cup, AV is gone anyways. This team needs a spark ASAP. What's the worst that can happen, we get knocked off in the first round?

#81 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,406 posts

3 issues the canucks must fix if they wish to go on a run

1-PP
2-coaching.
3-No more line juggling
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#82 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

why did they put raymond out with the sedins on the 4 on 3 PP? puzzling

#83 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,256 posts

Whoa, calm down Dipietro..

that's not cool

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#84 sport scout

sport scout

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Have to score on the powerplay. This team used to be almost automatic on it. Burish and Gomez score as well....
2 guys who never score

#85 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

That pp has been our playoff failure past 2 years....Tonight complete 4 on 3 for full 2 minutes, gotta bury those

I think Henrik needs to be on the left side, because both Daniel and Henrik are just being used a passers this way. On the other side, Daniels stick will be closer to the net.

Whenever Danny gets the puck there he usually has to pass it off again. Because his stick is closer to the boards. With this setup we have the two point men and Danny in threat to shoot. And if you ask me Danny shooting from there would be dangerous, cause he can snipe quickly.

What else, Edler takes wayyyyyyy too long to shoot the damn puck when he has the chance. His decision making is rather slow.

#86 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Edler is beyond brutal. Hot damn, did he poop the bed today.

#87 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,698 posts

A shootout win requires

A. goals

B. Saves

You can't just keep making saves

Thanks Sherlok!

Exactly what I said (well not word for word) when we lost the last shootout with Luongo in net.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#88 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,598 posts

Good game. Really liked how they fought back late in the 2nd. They usually just kill that time off and wait for the 3rd.

Glad Tanev and Henrik didn't get hurt. Hope Ballard is Ok as well.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#89 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

If this team doesn't play 500 hockey the rest of the way they wont even make the playoffs.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#90 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I have no proof to back this up, but I have a pretty good source that has told me that there are those within management that believe coach V has to go , and there are those who still believe he is still the guy .. If the team keeps playing this way dont be surprised if theres a change ..everyone is disposable ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.