The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

Blake Price@blakeprice1040

^ Not exactly a comforting statistic. This game was there's to lose.

Inconsistent goaltending isn't ideal either.

Also, David Booth. I feel like we've been saying "he looks good out there" for a year now, but he never does anything with it. He needs to find a way to contribute. It's been 11 games since he last scored. He has 1 goal in last 22 games. Gotta start scoring goals.

Chris Tanev was again the best d-man out there. This kid is gold.

The 4 on 3 was fricken stupendous. Why the heck are we paying 4.6 million dollars to a dman who scored 16 goals last year to sit on the bench on a pp in OT? Especially after watching Edler crap the bed all game. The absolute worst game i have witnessed Edler play in a Canuck uni. If Garrison get's taken off of the PP for being ineffective, Why the not Edler? Just a thought AV.

I've said this in another thread, and I truly believe it's time for us to panic.

We've lost 100% of our last two games (0-1-1)!!!

This is unacceptable! The team needs to trade everyone for draft picks and fire AV. I know what I'm talking about, I WATCH HOCKEY ON TV

"keslers big shot out of the lineup .... bieska out hurt ... what on earth does Garrison have to do to get on the PP?" --- Garry Valk ,you said it buddy ... this goes back to my disconect between AV and MG .. MG trades Cody for Kassian .. Kassian gets demoted.. MG Trades Grabner for Ballard .. Ballard goes in the dog house .. MG signs Luongo to a big deal ...AV works in schnieder until hes named #1 ... MG signs Garrison to replace Salo's big shot on the PP .. Garrison rarely gets any PP time with the hardest shot on the team.... get on the same page already.

Oh yeah AV, wtf?

You player Shroeder with Weise when we are strapped on offence?

Thats really what you want to do with the US World Junior scoring champ whos 5'5?

Stick him on the 4th line to grind it out???

Oh yeah keep throwing Eddy on the ice. We want to send the right message to the team. Favorites get played regardless.

Ballard, you are on thin ice.

I'm not even going to delve into AV's logic for picking shooters for the S/O. Just a couple of things:

1) Edler I have your jersey, stop making me regret buying it.

2) Powerplay is so bad that it gives up more goals than it produces.

3) Powerplay?? What is a powerplay??

4) Powerplay

5) Killer instinct. The Canucks have NONE.

No they would announce he was injured so no one would suspect when AV staples him to the bench in the 3rd. Then rather than have to face any scrutiny for scratching him, the bonus is that Gillis then can put him on LTIR for the remainder of the regular season (only to have him miraculously healthy right at playoff time) and get cap space to trade for another few plugs at the deadline taht Av wants so badly......

Okay, I am being facetious.......I know he may really be injured but would anyone really be all that surprised if it miraculously played out this way?

"keslers big shot out of the lineup .... bieska out hurt ... what on earth does Garrison have to do to get on the PP?" --- Garry Valk ,you said it buddy ... this goes back to my disconect between AV and MG .. MG trades Cody for Kassian .. Kassian gets demoted.. MG Trades Grabner for Ballard .. Ballard goes in the dog house .. MG signs Luongo to a big deal ...AV works in schnieder until hes named #1 ... MG signs Garrison to replace Salo's big shot on the PP .. Garrison rarely gets any PP time with the hardest shot on the team.... get on the same page already.

Goaltending is not the problem. Even our shaky D hasn't been costing us games for the most part.

We're only playing with two effective lines right now. And our special teams are not giving us any sort of edge.

Both of those things can be solved with some good coaching. Your move AV.

Agree with DeNiro - I have not criticized AV in the past, but I have had it with his knucklehead power play strategy and choices. Not to mention he's somehow mesmerized by Edler for some strange reason - cannot understand this unconditional love affair with a player who creates more trouble than gets things done.

AV - please:

• Take freakin' Edler off the freakin' shootouts - forever!

• Put Garrison on the freakin' PP. Change those freakin' PP units a little bit, shake things up if they don't freakin' work. And if you send a second unit, give it some freakin' time to make something happen, not 35 freakin' seconds

• Sit freakin' Edler for a game or two and see what happens - of course when we have healthy Ds. Give him something to freakin' fight for, light a fire under his freakin' bum once in a while

Pardon my French, pun intended.

Archived