The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

I may get some heat for this but how much more rope is Schroeder going to get? I know everyone wants him moved up on the depth chart but he has one point and is -9 in his last ten games. -9??? Raymond has played well at Center but this team needs much more up the middle to legitimately contend. Right now the fourth line is getting scored upon almost every game while generating nothing. That isn't going to work in late April. They need that line to eat playoff minutes and not give up anything while chipping in along the way. In any playoff year you need four lines contributing but that is going to be even more important this year with the condensed schedule.

The only thing that's giving me hope right now is that we're playing like LA did mid-way through last season and entering the post-season. And, well, we all know what happened once they made the playoffs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this team just has too much talent to suck. Blame is on the COACHES. Whether it's picking people for the shootout, strategies on the PP, it has to CHANGE.

I will really start crying if we don't come out of the next three games with a positive record (They play Columbus, Minnesota, then Columbus again.)

Oh yeah AV, wtf?

You player Shroeder with Weise when we are strapped on offence?

Thats really what you want to do with the US World Junior scoring champ whos 5'5?

Stick him on the 4th line to grind it out???

Oh yeah keep throwing Eddy on the ice. We want to send the right message to the team. Favorites get played regardless.

Ballard, you are on thin ice.

Goaltending is not the problem. Even our shaky D hasn't been costing us games for the most part.

We're only playing with two effective lines right now. And our special teams are not giving us any sort of edge.

Both of those things can be solved with some good coaching. Your move AV.

Id rather come dead last than to squeak in to the playoffs and be knocked out easily in the 1st round .. the window is closing .. so make a move gillis .. wether that is a coaching change [ i wish ] or a trade , do something .. or think about starting a rebuild .. But go all in and stop hoping that this team will magically get better .. Its getting tedius now .

I may get some heat for this but how much more rope is Schroeder going to get? I know everyone wants him moved up on the depth chart but he has one point and is -9 in his last ten games. -9??? Raymond has played well at Center but this team needs much more up the middle to legitimately contend. Right now the fourth line is getting scored upon almost every game while generating nothing. That isn't going to work in late April. They need that line to eat playoff minutes and not give up anything while chipping in along the way. In any playoff year you need four lines contributing but that is going to be even more important this year with the condensed schedule.

Garrison looked great, pinched at the right times and made some nice plays in his zone.

Kassian and Booth showed sick chemistry tonight but struggled when stick handling.

I'm pretty sure all of Barkers shots resulted in a scramble in front of the net, which shows that he knows when to shoot. Surprised that he and Ballard didn't fail in their own zone.

Archived