The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So is Raymond effective at center?

CanuckLeaf

I missed the last couple games due to work, I noticed Raymond put up a few points playing center but wouldn't Schroeder be a better replacement for Kesler?(like at the start of the season) Raymond looks good but his faceoff numbers don't look so great.

That line: Higgins, Raymond and Hansen is our most effective line with the amount of icetime they get. They don't give up short handed goals, they all kill penalties, and they don't kill our power-plays on behalf of the other team like the Sedins. Even when they lose the draw, they are so fast and aggressive on the puck that they normally recover it right away. Of course since our lines were working so well all game at creating chances, AV had to dissassemble them in the third period in order, along with his shoot-out combinations, and not playing Booth (who had a good game) and Higgins in OT, managed to insure that we would lose again. Well done AV, your master plan is flawless.

Hansen and Higgins have definatly developed some chemistry, but i will argue Raymond isnt exactly an effective team mate, I notice them doing all the work and possession and raymond shoots or back to the point.

Im glad his shot is working for him this year but he is just not a play maker.

Mayray and Hansen have unbelievable chemistry and I really want to see them STAY TOGETHER I also really like Higgins playing with them as it seems to have helped Higgy's game. He seems to be more aggressive out there. so I hope AV doesn't break up this line BUT its AV so.......

. I am not quite sure if MayRay as Center is working just yet I want to give it more time because I think he has potential as a Center and at this point I would suggest trying anything to keep that line together. Though I think someone should work with Mayray to help me figure out how to win draws better because correct me if I am wrong but I think he is still having issues there.

That line: Higgins, Raymond and Hansen is our most effective line with the amount of icetime they get. They don't give up short handed goals, they all kill penalties, and they don't kill our power-plays on behalf of the other team like the Sedins. Even when they lose the draw, they are so fast and aggressive on the puck that they normally recover it right away. Of course since our lines were working so well all game at creating chances, AV had to dissassemble them in the third period in order, along with his shoot-out combinations, and not playing Booth (who had a good game) and Higgins in OT, managed to insure that we would lose again. Well done AV, your master plan is flawless.

I actually liked all the lines I saw the last couple games. Raymond is filling in decently, better than Burrows did.... which totally surprises me. I was certain it would be a disaster.

AV is managing the bench really well and getting them out on shift changes while play is still going on so that Raymond didn't have to take near as many face offs. Higgins and Hansen have just been monster on the puck the last two games.

This is also the first time except for about 10 games last year that I have seen any use in Booth at all. He is benefiting from the fact that Kassian is a great passer (did anyone see Kassian becoming that playmaker we needed for the 2nd line? I would be very interested to see if those two guys with Kesler could create something. Three big strong guys who can skate pretty well.

Schroeder needs to go back to the AHL. He had a good little run the first few games when he was in shape from having played, but the rest of the league were rusty from the lockout. As soon as they got their legs he has been what would be expected. We need to get a centre from somewhere, preferably one that could fill in for Kesler temporarily so Lapierre can go back to the 4th line.

Archived