The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So is Raymond effective at center?

CanuckLeaf

JS is simply being outplayed at this point and time thus the reason he's on the fourth line. Mayray's speed serves him well as a centre and he seems to be distributing the puck better than when he was playing on the wing.

As suggested earlier, once/if Mayray can improve to 55% on the dot, HRH could become an extremely interesting third line.

I couldn't beleive when I saw AV had split up Hansen and MayRay in the third. WHat is his problem with success?!! Was he trying to get the Sedins going at the expense of a line that was actually playing exteremely well ni all three zones? DId he think it was a reward to put Hanse with the twins who he has no chemistry with and who play a different style completely than he and MayRay and Higgins?

It's like he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ansd just can't help himself. Even when he finds something that works after weeks of juggling, he has to tinker with it..

I actually liked all the lines I saw the last couple games. Raymond is filling in decently, better than Burrows did.... which totally surprises me. I was certain it would be a disaster.

AV is managing the bench really well and getting them out on shift changes while play is still going on so that Raymond didn't have to take near as many face offs. Higgins and Hansen have just been monster on the puck the last two games.

This is also the first time except for about 10 games last year that I have seen any use in Booth at all. He is benefiting from the fact that Kassian is a great passer (did anyone see Kassian becoming that playmaker we needed for the 2nd line? I would be very interested to see if those two guys with Kesler could create something. Three big strong guys who can skate pretty well.

Schroeder needs to go back to the AHL. He had a good little run the first few games when he was in shape from having played, but the rest of the league were rusty from the lockout. As soon as they got their legs he has been what would be expected. We need to get a centre from somewhere, preferably one that could fill in for Kesler temporarily so Lapierre can go back to the 4th line.

Hansen and Higgins have definatly developed some chemistry, but i will argue Raymond isnt exactly an effective team mate, I notice them doing all the work and possession and raymond shoots or back to the point.

Im glad his shot is working for him this year but he is just not a play maker.

Honestly think Lappy and JS should swap...not that lappy can't handle the offensive aspect of the game but JS is rly not a 4th liner.

Im glad raymond is doing well in center although i think higgins would have been the better choice.

I couldn't beleive when I saw AV had split up Hansen and MayRay in the third. WHat is his problem with success?!! Was he trying to get the Sedins going at the expense of a line that was actually playing exteremely well ni all three zones? DId he think it was a reward to put Hanse with the twins who he has no chemistry with and who play a different style completely than he and MayRay and Higgins?

It's like he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ansd just can't help himself. Even when he finds something that works after weeks of juggling, he has to tinker with it..

I think its too early to say as of yet. But in the short sample he has done adequete for sure, just his faceoffs arent up to par. The main thing that helps him is he has the speed.

not sold on him as a permanent fix for that spot or making him our 3rd line center

Hansen and Higgins have definatly developed some chemistry, but i will argue Raymond isnt exactly an effective team mate, I notice them doing all the work and possession and raymond shoots or back to the point.

Im glad his shot is working for him this year but he is just not a play maker.

I actually liked all the lines I saw the last couple games. Raymond is filling in decently, better than Burrows did.... which totally surprises me. I was certain it would be a disaster.

AV is managing the bench really well and getting them out on shift changes while play is still going on so that Raymond didn't have to take near as many face offs. Higgins and Hansen have just been monster on the puck the last two games.

This is also the first time except for about 10 games last year that I have seen any use in Booth at all. He is benefiting from the fact that Kassian is a great passer (did anyone see Kassian becoming that playmaker we needed for the 2nd line? I would be very interested to see if those two guys with Kesler could create something. Three big strong guys who can skate pretty well.

Schroeder needs to go back to the AHL. He had a good little run the first few games when he was in shape from having played, but the rest of the league were rusty from the lockout. As soon as they got their legs he has been what would be expected. We need to get a centre from somewhere, preferably one that could fill in for Kesler temporarily so Lapierre can go back to the 4th line.

Raymond needs to improve on faceoffs but that is something that can be taught (maybe Manny can give him a few pointers).

I think he makes a better centre than a winger and isn't falling down as much plus he is taking higher percentage shots. He works well with Higgins and Hansen and all of them seem to have picked up their game while being on a line together.

Yes, he'd have to work on face-offs. Manny could help show him a thing or two in a practice before he's gone.

But...I think Center is a much better fit for Raymond. Mainly because - insert falling down joke here - he's terrible along the boards. He is a literal "pushover". Higgins and Hansen on the other hand are bulldozers.

When you give Raymond some room, he's much better. He does have to work on going hard to the net though.

Archived