33 replies to this topic

#1 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Corey Crawford is the best goalie in the league and he is the candidate for Vezina right now.

Crawford is the best goalie in the league, and it shows with the Blackhawks with 0 regulation losses.

Posted Image

#2 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Lolwut?

#3 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

:lol:
Posted Image

#4 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,283 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Cool.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

If Chicago takes the Vezina, it's definitely going to be split between Crawford and Emery. Maybe the OP doesn't realize that Crawford's been out for a few weeks now.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#6 Ilya Kovalchuk.

Ilya Kovalchuk.

Fantasy Hockey Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

If Chicago takes the Vezina, it's definitely going to be split between Crawford and Emery. Maybe the OP doesn't realize that Crawford's been out for a few weeks now.

Maybe you didn't realize he just won today...........

Posted Image

#7 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

No? He's played the last couple games for the Hawks lol.

11 W
0 L
3 OTL

1.53 G.A.A
.940 S%

Vezina worthy to me. 1st in wins, 2nd in G.A.A, 2nd in S%.'

Wanna know whos 1st in GAA/S%?

Drafted by Chicago, Mr. Craig Anderson. Who is out with an injury.

You will be missed.

#8 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Corey Crawford is the best goalie in the league and he is the candidate for Vezina right now. Luongo and Schnieder are so bad.

Crawford is the best goalie in the league, and it shows with the Blackhawks with 0 regulation losses.

Haters gonna hate, but Blackhawks what.

There's too much season left to talk seriously about trophies - team or individual. At this point Crawford could be included in the Vezina race, but so could Niemi and Anderson. Rask and Lehtonen are also having fine seasons, if they go on a winning streak for a week or two they're right up there as well.

#9 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

The d-men are making both goalies looking good... Lets see what happen if they are left hanging!

#10 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

• Members
  • 14,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

History has shown that the goalie with the combination of highest wins + statistics wins the Vezina.

Crawford has those under his belt so far.

Crawford has stolen games for Chicago. I'm sure a lot of you guys seen the DET vs CHI game recently?

You will be missed.

#11 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Half the season to go?

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#12 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,291 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Crawford has silenced all of his critics after a poor season last year. part of it has been improved defensive play but he has been a stud all season. Big part of why they're doing so well

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#13 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

RGMG sucks.
Posted Image

#14 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

He'll be the next Chris Osgood, meaning he'll get no respect. That's all fine considering he's playing behind one of the best defense pairing in our generation going forward and never had to outright steal wins.

#15 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

At this early stage of the season I'd agree, Crawford looks great.

I'm also glad that his success helps you to feel better about your own lot in life.

#16 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

there's so much time left in the season. super early to start talking about awards. a 5 game winning or losing streak can change everything in the shortened season (not to mention injuries...).
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#17 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

I think Craig Anderson is going to win it this year. He's right up there with Crawford and he doesn't have a Keith or Seabrook playing in front of him.

That being said, we've still got half a season to play.

Edited by Azial, 06 March 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Wow you come on to the Canucks boards just to spew your crap about the Canucks and parade your boy-crush on Crawford? Go to the Blackhawks website, there is actually a place where fans of Chicago can post about which Blackhawk they think is the cutest. Here I'll help you out http://blackhawks.nhl.com/ . You're opinion of the Canucks or Luongo or Schneider has about as much value as warm bucket of cat hairballs here.
Posted Image

#19 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Wow you come on to the Canucks boards just to spew your crap about the Canucks and parade your boy-crush on Crawford? Go to the Blackhawks website, there is actually a place where fans of Chicago can post about which Blackhawk they think is the cutest. Here I'll help you out http://blackhawks.nhl.com/ . You're opinion of the Canucks or Luongo or Schneider has about as much value as warm bucket of cat hairballs here.

Come on now...you know we're the cutest! :bigblush:

#20 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Come on now...you know we're the cutest! :bigblush:

I respect Darth as he doesn't just come here to troll, but these other new members that are obviously just trying to stir up our board

Not even that I disagree with him being nominated for the vezina and possibly see him winning. But coming here and trolling is just annoying. I'd vote the Vezina is Anderson's to lose right now, with Neimi as my second vote then Crawford.

Hopefully this will result in a ban

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 06 March 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#21 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

• Members
  • 14,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

This is general hockey discussion.

You will be missed.

#22 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

• Members
  • 14,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

He'll be the next Chris Osgood, meaning he'll get no respect. That's all fine considering he's playing behind one of the best defense pairing in our generation going forward and never had to outright steal wins.

Keith-Seabrook are no longer the super pairing they were when they won the cup. Lot's of defensive lapses and decline offensively since Keith's Norris win. Guys like Leddy/Hjalmarsson/Oduya are stepping up.

You will be missed.

#23 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Crawford has silenced all of his critics after a poor season last year. part of it has been improved defensive play but he has been a stud all season. Big part of why they're doing so well

He's going to have to win a playoff series before you can start talking about him silencing his critics.

#24 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,451 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

he has been back for bit now...

Lolwut?

Crawford is 2nd in GAA with 1.53 (behind Craig Anderson)
Crawford is 2nd in Save% at .940 (behind Craig Anderson)
Crawford is tied for 1st with wins (11)

Crawford has played 14 games...Niemi has played 18 (1.83 GAA)...and Rask has played 16 (2.09GAA)

So yes, Crawford is a candidate for Vezina right now. He stole the game for the hawks vs Detroit with some amazing saves

He's going to have to win a playoff series before you can start talking about him silencing his critics.

as does schneider...then again luongo has won series and he has never been able to silence his critics

Edited by canucks.bradley, 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#25 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

This is general hockey discussion.

Yah but come on... Posting the Canucks Suck, Luongo Sucks, Schneider sucks is not general hockey discussion, I have no problems with the Topic of the thread - I am even inclined to agree with it, but how does posting those things help to strengthen a point in the slightest. I wonder if OP goes on to Edmonton fourms and create topics which sound reasonable just to say the Oilers suck and Dubnyk sucks... what about the Flames website... Hockey discussion is fine, and I do see that the mods have deleted those posts of his, but Crawford playing well does not mean Luongo and Schneider suck.
Posted Image

#26 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yah but come on... Posting the Canucks Suck, Luongo Sucks, Schneider sucks is not general hockey discussion, I have no problems with the Topic of the thread - I am even inclined to agree with it, but how does posting those things help to strengthen a point in the slightest. I wonder if OP goes on to Edmonton fourms and create topics which sound reasonable just to say the Oilers suck and Dubnyk sucks... what about the Flames website... Hockey discussion is fine, and I do see that the mods have deleted those posts of his, but Crawford playing well does not mean Luongo and Schneider suck.

I agree, there no place for comments like "the Canucks suck". If you want to argue that the Canucks are better or worse than another team then fine, but have some facts to back up your arugement.

#27 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

he has been back for bit now...

Crawford is 2nd in GAA with 1.53 (behind Craig Anderson)
Crawford is 2nd in Save% at .940 (behind Craig Anderson)
Crawford is tied for 1st with wins (11)

Crawford has played 14 games...Niemi has played 18 (1.83 GAA)...and Rask has played 16 (2.09GAA)

So yes, Crawford is a candidate for Vezina right now. He stole the game for the hawks vs Detroit with some amazing saves

as does schneider...then again luongo has won series and he has never been able to silence his critics

Just cause Crawford choked against Phoenix there's no need to start trolling. There are plenty of other posts around to talk about Canucks goalies.

#28 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,620 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

If the season ended today hands down Crawford wins, still lots of hockey left. Hard to argue he isn't the favorite though as of right now can't see him dropping off too dramatically either could happen but highly unlikely.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#29 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

vroom
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#30 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Pretty obvious... :lol:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.