The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Edler Given Up?

Bagofcats

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He probably does still have some pain. It'll take him time to get used to that, and work around it. Back injuries are nothing to laugh about. He'll find his stride again.

What blows my mind is that people seem to think this is some new scary turn in his play. Edler has always played this way. Always. From his first year to now, he has been shaky with the puck in his own end and is inconsistent handling speedy players and tends to back into his own goalie (where he then assumes the position on some occasions). How is it that some of you did not see this earlier in his career but see it this year? I need a coffee.

I'll get flamed for saying this but I think they should of traded him, I feel his trade value out weighs his is value to the team. Can he play like a #1? yep but how often do we see this? maybe 10-15% of the time. People seem to be so caught up in his skill set, his size, they let so much of his defensive issues slide, game in, game out he continues to chew up the minutes with no consequences it's wierd, they even stick him on shootouts!

That amazing 10-15% will show up soon though and everyone including myself will probably forget about the bad.

I'll get flamed for saying this but I think they should of traded him, I feel his trade value out weighs his is value to the team. Can he play like a #1? yep but how often do we see this? maybe 10-15% of the time. People seem to be so caught up in his skill set, his size, they let so much of his defensive issues slide, game in, game out he continues to chew up the minutes with no consequences it's wierd, they even stick him on shootouts!

That amazing 10-15% will show up soon though and everyone including myself will probably forget about the bad.

Having to risk putting Alberts out there for a physical presence shouldn't be necessary with a guy of Edler's physical stature and contract. Also shouldn't have to play hime with Tanev to cover up hsi D zone weakness.

MG should move him before his NTC kicks in. It would shake up the rest of the "Cruisers" if a player of his "potential" was sent packing.

I'd give him up in a second if it could lead to acquiring Cory Perry ow some other proven top 6 scorer. Well worth moving the asset.

Having to risk putting Alberts out there for a physical presence shouldn't be necessary with a guy of Edler's physical stature and contract. Also shouldn't have to play hime with Tanev to cover up hsi D zone weakness.

MG should move him before his NTC kicks in. It would shake up the rest of the "Cruisers" if a player of his "potential" was sent packing.

I'd give him up in a second if it could lead to acquiring Cory Perry ow some other proven top 6 scorer. Well worth moving the asset.

Guest Pinchin

If Edler would just be more physical it would solve a big part of his issues. He's morphing into an offensive d-man and losing that defensive grit he needs to be a bonafide stud. I think he is just being tentative with his play, not given up, no way. I'd love to see him play more like Nik Kronwall.

Archived