The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the team continues to lose...

Alexander 7he Great

Should Vigneault be fired if the team continues to lose?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before you read, I'm not making this post because the team lost, it needs to be said win or lose.

Do you think Alain Vigneault will be fired?

If the team keeps losing, there's only one person to blame, the coach. Vigneault's job might be in jeopardy if the Canucks keep losing.

He's been making some really poor choices lately.

Noticeably,

Comments from people on the Facebook page of the Canucks

Edler, Burrows on Shootout? Vigneault has no clue. Fire him and hire Lindy Ruff before it's too late. This team could win the cup THIS YEAR with a real coach like Lindy - 11 likes

Same core players, same coach, = same Results for last 6 years, president trophy means nothing, Sharks won President trophy twice didn't mean anything in playoffs

It's plain as day these players are not playing with any confidence - 8 likes

How do you fire a coach that has his team leading their division ? The glass is half full here folks murky but half full - 5 likes

Stop putting Edler in shoot outs AV!!! - 12 likes

BAD coaching. BENCH EDLER and DON'T PICK HIM TO SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT WTF AV! Put Garrison with the Sedins on the PP. - 7 likes

Am I the only one wondering why AV put Alex Edler in shoot-out? Shoulda put MAY RAY! - 7 likes

I am beginning to think that AV is one of the biggest problems. WTF was that? Wrong shooters - 7 likes

AV is the worst coach in the NHL! Why does this team suck so bad at S.O. - 7 likes

AV's gotta go or I'm done!!!- 7 likes

Just some observations from the top comments^^ AV has made some very poor choices and it's not like he's learning from these choices, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. This team needs a shakeup, if AV doesn't go, atleast make a trade happen. I personally don't see the team getting past the first round with the way they're playing.

I appreciate everyones input! Let's hope the Canucks can get back on track, this team is in need of a shakeup, will be interesting to see what type of shakeup that will be... GO CANUCKS!

I think it may be time to go pretty soon. not because of the shootout choices, but just because it seems like the team is losing steam. maybe it's time for some new blood. i don't think he's a bad coach, but i do think that the past few years, the team was so good that the system didn't really matter. and then in the cases where the players really did need a system adjustment, nothing happened, and AV got out coached badly. the Blackhawks, kings, and bruins series were like running in to a brick wall over and over again.

if nothing changes, what's to lead us, and more importantly the players, to believe that it'll work out 4 series in a row this time? at times it feels like all the canucks have is skill, a colossal amount of skill, but the coaching and grit is missing.

I would hate to see AV go, but his constant lineup changes baffle me. Except for Sedin-Sedin-Burrows, I couldn't even guess what the next three lines look like each night. Where is the chemistry expected to come from?

AV isn't the problem - his assistant coaches are.

Bowness is in charge of defensive pairings, ice time and managing their system. He had the best top-6 on paper coming into this season without a doubt, with 2 #1 pairings and Ballard-Tanev as the best 3rd pairing in the NHL. What has he done? Turned Edler into a turnover machine, COMPLETELY nullified Garrison's shot and offence by playing him more defensively and split up our pairings completely, turning Hamhuis into a pretty brutal minus player for a while now.

Meanwhile, Brown has done the single worst job a coach could do in this league. He has turned what was the deadliest powerplay in the league into our biggest enemy. No goals in our last 15 opportunities, including some key chances to win games, and we've struggled all season long on the penalty kill. This #1 powerplay is probably the best 5-man-unit in the NHL with all the right weapons - 2 best passers in the league, some great net presences with Burrows, Hansen and Kassian and of course, a great passer on the point in Edler as well as one of the best shots in the game in Garrison. Instead he has Schroeder on a point missing shots and our powerplay trying to set up a cross-slot pass for a one timer. Personel is not the issue - it's our plan, and it's getting really obvious.

Brown and Bowness have to go. I know they have a close connection with AV, but AV is essentially a top-10 if not top-5 coach in the league believe it or not, and a real star coach at that. He knows how to get the best out of his players. The problem is even their best is no good when they're getting played in poor special teams and defensive systems.

Archived