Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

If the team continues to lose...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Vigneault be fired if the team continues to lose? (80 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that Vigneault should be fired if the team continues to lose games

1. Yes (22 votes [28.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

2. No (25 votes [32.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.89%

3. Vigneault should be fired regardless (29 votes [38.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Fortunately we aren't managing our team based on Facebook "likes". The losses are piling up but I still think this team can find another gear.

Despite being an AV supporter (although frustrated at times by his decisions) I think they will be let go if we miss the playoffs or take a real early exit.

258bdr6.jpg

#32 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,863 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Well, if some people on facebook think Burrows should not be used in the shootout, it must be true.
It's time. Fire AV.

#33 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Keep him untilt he end of the season then re evaluate.

First off right now the team we see right now is not even close to the team we had in 2011. You can tell me the "core is the same" Oh no no no, it's actually not quite close.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but actually, the following names of players made a significant different to our team

Sami Salo
Christian Ehrhoff
Manny Malhotra (this team started losing since he was forced to sit out)
A 2nd line that can also score

Right now we lost Salo and Ehrhoff with no replacements. NO, Garrison doesn't even come close.
We lost a valuable centerman in malhotra, despite doing nothing for us, we were a better team with him.
With Kesler injured, and his best linemate traded, Mike Gillis destroyed our 2nd line.

So yea, don't be surprised if we are struggling here. One step at a time we lost some valuable parts to our team that made us the invinsable 2011 team we had. If you look at our nemesis, the Boston Bruins, their top 4, and their top 6 is literally the exact same bunch.

Keep A.V for now, see what Gillis does.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#34 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,754 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

True, he did take us to the cup finals, but was it really "him" that took us there or the "team" playing on the ice for him that took us to the finals? He might not be able to find a groove if the team keeps losing games.

That's really quite simple. Team wins despite AV and loses because of him. It's a no win for AV with the fans here.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#35 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Before you read, I'm not making this post because the team lost, it needs to be said win or lose.

Do you think Alain Vigneault will be fired?

If the team keeps losing, there's only one person to blame, the coach. Vigneault's job might be in jeopardy if the Canucks keep losing.

He's been making some really poor choices lately.

Noticeably,

Comments from people on the Facebook page of the Canucks

Edler, Burrows on Shootout? Vigneault has no clue. Fire him and hire Lindy Ruff before it's too late. This team could win the cup THIS YEAR with a real coach like Lindy - 11 likes

Same core players, same coach, = same Results for last 6 years, president trophy means nothing, Sharks won President trophy twice didn't mean anything in playoffs
It's plain as day these players are not playing with any confidence - 8 likes

How do you fire a coach that has his team leading their division ? The glass is half full here folks murky but half full - 5 likes

Stop putting Edler in shoot outs AV!!! - 12 likes

BAD coaching. BENCH EDLER and DON'T PICK HIM TO SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT WTF AV! Put Garrison with the Sedins on the PP. - 7 likes

Am I the only one wondering why AV put Alex Edler in shoot-out? Shoulda put MAY RAY! - 7 likes

I am beginning to think that AV is one of the biggest problems. WTF was that? Wrong shooters - 7 likes

AV is the worst coach in the NHL! Why does this team suck so bad at S.O. - 7 likes

AV's gotta go or I'm done!!!- 7 likes

Just some observations from the top comments^^ AV has made some very poor choices and it's not like he's learning from these choices, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. This team needs a shakeup, if AV doesn't go, atleast make a trade happen. I personally don't see the team getting past the first round with the way they're playing.

I appreciate everyones input! Let's hope the Canucks can get back on track, this team is in need of a shakeup, will be interesting to see what type of shakeup that will be... GO CANUCKS!

Did Ruff ever win a cup? Did he even win a presidents trophy? The nucks are like the Sharks but did the shark get to the finals after the coaching change? The Canucks are still leading the division and still a top team in the league, they have obviously won enough games to stay atop their division. Lets give it the rest of the year before we fire AV, Im sure thats what Gillis is gonna do.

With Edler, everyone can see he's struggling, maybe AV put him out there hoping he'll score and gain some confidence to snap out of his slump.

But what happens if we continue to lose? I only know one thing for sure, CDC will be very busy!

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 06 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#36 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

It really doesn't matter what we do. This is the Hawk's year to win it all again. They are going to run away with it like LA did last year.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.