The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the team continues to lose...

Alexander 7he Great

Should Vigneault be fired if the team continues to lose?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We haven't even been playing that bad lately, we have dominated large parts of these loses. I would be worried if we got badly outplayed like say the Oilers right now.

We have had some Questionable calls and unfortunate bounces come our way.

Slumps come and go for any team,

it's just our first real slump in 3 seasons.

We will get over it and so will all of you.

It was inevitable. AV, while an excellent coach, has reached his end with this team. He shouldn't be alone in dismissal either, Bowness should go with him. This team needs someone to get them all playing motivated hockey, Hansen and Higgins can only do so much.

I feel like this kind of post creeps up at the start of every Canucks season. This is essentially November for us. It's about now that the Canucks turn it up a notch. Problem being, the short season, of course. I still wanna give AV some time, but something's gotta start clicking for us to stay cup contenders. I fear that we are only in our current playoff division because we are in quite possibly the worst division in the NHL. Look at our competition, Minni, Calgary, Edmonton, and Colorado. None are currently in playoff standings. We may make the playoffs simply because of our division. But we'll go no where unless we actually EARN a playoff spot.

I'd give AV another month. But a Wins-Loss ratio wouldn't be my determining factor. We've won games while playing poorly.

1) I wanna see better Defensive End play. We can only blame the goalies so much for giving up 3 goals. I want consistent 2 goals against MAX.

2) I want to see performance from our Powerplay. We need defenceman playing the point. Get Garrison out there to work on his shot. Maybe Tanev and Garrison combo??

3) And I wanna see some confidence being built up in our Goaltending, stop flip flopping them for crying out loud. That destroys confidence (and confidence is the 1 thing you SHOULD NEVER take away from your goalies).

We're 1-1-1 in March with 13 games left this month.

We're still leading our division.

I could care less about the President's trophy.

LA proved last year that all you have to do is make it and be hot going in.

Let us see where we are at the end of this month.

Oh, good lord. We're using Facebook comments by unknown people without regard to their qualifications or actual hockey knowledge as proof the team needs to take certain actions now?

Call me a cheerleader (it won't be the first, or last, time...) but I'm far more willing to put my faith in the professionals who have done so well for our team in the past than I am in people with nothing better to do than write snarky messages on Facebook.

We haven't even been playing that bad lately, we have dominated large parts of these loses. I would be worried if we got badly outplayed like say the Oilers right now.

We have had some Questionable calls and unfortunate bounces come our way.

Slumps come and go for any team,

it's just our first real slump in 3 seasons.

We will get over it and so will all of you.

Quite honestly that is a hard question. I voted NO purely because I have worried for a while now that MG is not giving this team decent upgrades. We have stood still (maybe even regressed) since the Boston series.

Before you read, I'm not making this post because the team lost, it needs to be said win or lose.

Do you think Alain Vigneault will be fired?

If the team keeps losing, there's only one person to blame, the coach. Vigneault's job might be in jeopardy if the Canucks keep losing.

He's been making some really poor choices lately.

Noticeably,

Comments from people on the Facebook page of the Canucks

Edler, Burrows on Shootout? Vigneault has no clue. Fire him and hire Lindy Ruff before it's too late. This team could win the cup THIS YEAR with a real coach like Lindy - 11 likes

Same core players, same coach, = same Results for last 6 years, president trophy means nothing, Sharks won President trophy twice didn't mean anything in playoffs

It's plain as day these players are not playing with any confidence - 8 likes

How do you fire a coach that has his team leading their division ? The glass is half full here folks murky but half full - 5 likes

Stop putting Edler in shoot outs AV!!! - 12 likes

BAD coaching. BENCH EDLER and DON'T PICK HIM TO SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT WTF AV! Put Garrison with the Sedins on the PP. - 7 likes

Am I the only one wondering why AV put Alex Edler in shoot-out? Shoulda put MAY RAY! - 7 likes

I am beginning to think that AV is one of the biggest problems. WTF was that? Wrong shooters - 7 likes

AV is the worst coach in the NHL! Why does this team suck so bad at S.O. - 7 likes

AV's gotta go or I'm done!!!- 7 likes

Just some observations from the top comments^^ AV has made some very poor choices and it's not like he's learning from these choices, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. This team needs a shakeup, if AV doesn't go, atleast make a trade happen. I personally don't see the team getting past the first round with the way they're playing.

I appreciate everyones input! Let's hope the Canucks can get back on track, this team is in need of a shakeup, will be interesting to see what type of shakeup that will be... GO CANUCKS!

Fortunately we aren't managing our team based on Facebook "likes". The losses are piling up but I still think this team can find another gear.

Despite being an AV supporter (although frustrated at times by his decisions) I think they will be let go if we miss the playoffs or take a real early exit.

Keep him untilt he end of the season then re evaluate.

First off right now the team we see right now is not even close to the team we had in 2011. You can tell me the "core is the same" Oh no no no, it's actually not quite close.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, but actually, the following names of players made a significant different to our team

Sami Salo

Christian Ehrhoff

Manny Malhotra (this team started losing since he was forced to sit out)

A 2nd line that can also score

Right now we lost Salo and Ehrhoff with no replacements. NO, Garrison doesn't even come close.

We lost a valuable centerman in malhotra, despite doing nothing for us, we were a better team with him.

With Kesler injured, and his best linemate traded, Mike Gillis destroyed our 2nd line.

So yea, don't be surprised if we are struggling here. One step at a time we lost some valuable parts to our team that made us the invinsable 2011 team we had. If you look at our nemesis, the Boston Bruins, their top 4, and their top 6 is literally the exact same bunch.

Keep A.V for now, see what Gillis does.

True, he did take us to the cup finals, but was it really "him" that took us there or the "team" playing on the ice for him that took us to the finals? He might not be able to find a groove if the team keeps losing games.

Before you read, I'm not making this post because the team lost, it needs to be said win or lose.

Do you think Alain Vigneault will be fired?

If the team keeps losing, there's only one person to blame, the coach. Vigneault's job might be in jeopardy if the Canucks keep losing.

He's been making some really poor choices lately.

Noticeably,

Comments from people on the Facebook page of the Canucks

Edler, Burrows on Shootout? Vigneault has no clue. Fire him and hire Lindy Ruff before it's too late. This team could win the cup THIS YEAR with a real coach like Lindy - 11 likes

Same core players, same coach, = same Results for last 6 years, president trophy means nothing, Sharks won President trophy twice didn't mean anything in playoffs

It's plain as day these players are not playing with any confidence - 8 likes

How do you fire a coach that has his team leading their division ? The glass is half full here folks murky but half full - 5 likes

Stop putting Edler in shoot outs AV!!! - 12 likes

BAD coaching. BENCH EDLER and DON'T PICK HIM TO SHOOT IN THE SHOOTOUT WTF AV! Put Garrison with the Sedins on the PP. - 7 likes

Am I the only one wondering why AV put Alex Edler in shoot-out? Shoulda put MAY RAY! - 7 likes

I am beginning to think that AV is one of the biggest problems. WTF was that? Wrong shooters - 7 likes

AV is the worst coach in the NHL! Why does this team suck so bad at S.O. - 7 likes

AV's gotta go or I'm done!!!- 7 likes

Just some observations from the top comments^^ AV has made some very poor choices and it's not like he's learning from these choices, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. This team needs a shakeup, if AV doesn't go, atleast make a trade happen. I personally don't see the team getting past the first round with the way they're playing.

I appreciate everyones input! Let's hope the Canucks can get back on track, this team is in need of a shakeup, will be interesting to see what type of shakeup that will be... GO CANUCKS!

Archived