The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brutal Reffing

gaydar

I see very few posts on here or in the PGT that mention anything about the awful refs for tonights game, handing the Canucks a full 4 on 3 PP in overtime on an absolutely terrible call. If the role was reversed and god forbid SJ was given the PP which they likely would have scored on, a good chunk of posters would be complaining non stop about bias reffing and fabricating intricate conspiracies. Yet in this scenario, mum's the word.

Now what's worse, a bench minor with 9 and a half minutes remaining in a tie game while playing a team that's 13th in the conference or a phantom goaltender interference call against you in overtime when you're playing the high powered juggernaut offense of the Northwest Division leaders!?

See how ludicrous some of you sound after a loss and a few missed/bad calls. It all evens up at the end of the year and no one seems to mind when the calls go our way, whether our guys can finish or not is beside the point.

i think *most* people have been saying the reffing is atrocious PERIOD. Not even stating teams they have just been so inconsistent this year it is unreal. Watch some other teams play that you dont have a vested interest in and just watch the referees it wont be pretty.

Im not sure if they are they punishing the players because they didnt get paid during the lockout or something but man are they brutal this year.

edit: just because reffing was brutal in our favour this time doesnt make either situation acceptable. Refs need to be held accountable for their mistakes just like everyone else. The fact that the NFL & MLB have transparency to their officiating gives them credibility. At least give people an explanation even if it is just "oh we messed up"

Yeah i know MLB is a joke with their umpires, and i dont really follow baseball but i have seen a few UMP's have press conferences and own up to their mistakes - like that one guy that blew the perfect game for that pitcher. Never have i seen an NHL official publicly own up to a mistake which is just plain wrong.

I certainly agree that reffing has been inconsistent and just generally poor all around the league but this is more about CDC's obsession with the reffing bias and the "everyone hates us and is out to get us" attitude. Trust me most posters whining about reffing aren't commenting from an objective viewpoint league wide.

I certainly agree that reffing has been inconsistent and just generally poor all around the league but this is more about CDC's obsession with the reffing bias and the "everyone hates us and is out to get us" attitude. Trust me most posters whining about reffing aren't commenting from an objective viewpoint league wide.

I didn't mind the Gomez call, especially when compared to Kassian's goalie interference call a few games back. Gomez looked like he was already leaning on Cory's shoulder before he got shoved. It was a soft call, no doubt, but I'd still accept that as a legit penalty, even if it was a Sedin falling into Niemi.

More like AV didn't take it. I can't wrap my head around some of AV's decisions, you have your first PP unit just passing for the first 2 powerplays, Have schroeder on the point instead of Garrison, Had Mayray-Burr duo in OT why not Mayray-hansen or Schroeder-Mayray, Had mayray screening for the 4 on 3 pp, Let Edler be 2nd in the shootout, left Kassian and Schroeder on the bench for another shootout. Edler gets to make mistakes all game.

I just don't get it, The powerplay is not working yet its the same 5 people game in game out. Raymond had 4 PP goals and actually shoots on the PP

Have we even seen Mason-Schroeder-Kassian on a powerplay? I think that would be a cheap mans Sedin-Burr PP unit but would probably get shots on net

I see very few posts on here or in the PGT that mention anything about the awful refs for tonights game, handing the Canucks a full 4 on 3 PP in overtime on an absolutely terrible call. If the role was reversed and god forbid SJ was given the PP which they likely would have scored on, a good chunk of posters would be complaining non stop about bias reffing and fabricating intricate conspiracies. Yet in this scenario, mum's the word.

Now what's worse, a bench minor with 9 and a half minutes remaining in a tie game while playing a team that's 13th in the conference or a phantom goaltender interference call against you in overtime when you're playing the high powered juggernaut offense of the Northwest Division leaders!?

See how ludicrous some of you sound after a loss and a few missed/bad calls. It all evens up at the end of the year and no one seems to mind when the calls go our way, whether our guys can finish or not is beside the point.

Obviously your post is sarcastic. But, you also prove you are full of crap. The fact of the matter is that, yes, the reffing this season IS atrocious. The sooner you take your damn blinders off, the better. No, the refs may not be out to get the Canucks personally, but they are stinking up the joint. They have been horribly inconsistent.

The refs weren't bad at all tonight... Don't blame them EVERY time, it makes the times where it actually matters seem less important! It just sucks that we can't score on 5-6 PP chances (let alone the short handed goal against)

Archived