The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Shroeder Has Been Given Enough Time To Showcase His Talents!

Pasific Coluseum

Is it time to pull the plug so to speak on Jordan? He looks so tiny on the ice. In puck battles he loses the puck so easily. He's not exactly lighting it up for a prospect with scoring potential. He's speedy and improving defensively. I'm afraid to say I don't think Mr. Shroeder is going to turn into Nazem Kadri. I don't see the point of putting Jordan on the 4th line either.

I wouldn't be opposed to Shroeder being dangled as trade bait at the deadline. I really think he will struggle in the playoffs because of his size. I just wished Shroeder turned out to be a Paul Kariya type.

I want to see what Steve Pinozzato can do. I hope Canucks send Jordan down and bring Steve up soon.

Kadri gets put in opportunities to succeed, he's being helped along, but you're comparing a 7th overall pick to a 22nd

as long as the sedins are still here rookies pretty much never get to be a breakout ppg player on the Canucks because sedins get all the offensive zone time and take up 2/3 of the top line and burrows pretty much always ends up being the 1/3 and kesler has chemistry with no one so it's either be a checker or get put on the 4th line/scratched.

there isn't really a good fit for jordan on the team.

Can't play with the sedins.

He could slot into the second line with kesler and booth, but that spot should go to kassian for development.

Third line is clicking right now with the higgins/hansen/raymond idea.

Fourth line is supposed to be a checkin' line. he needs to be put with players he can play with.

Silly fans never learn.

So we trade Schroeder, which would be our fourth 1st round pick in 6 years, and then he goes on and lights it up for another team.

Seriously are you not learning from what has happened in the past few years? You don't give up on young talent before they get a chance to prove themselves. Unless we're getting young talent like a Johansson or Couturier back.

JS is playing with the team right now because both Kesler and Malholtra are out of the line-up. It's as simple as that. Once Kesler returns, or if there's a trade that sends another bonafide 2nd or 3rd line centre here, he will be sent down to the minors to continue his development.

As what was suggested before rightfully by DeNiro, the only way JS is sent packing to another NHL team is if another youthful player is sent back in return.

silly comparison, Kadri has been given every chance to succeed on a pretty mediocre team. Schroeder has had to earn his playing time and honestly i like what i see from him. He works his ass off every shift! If he was 4 inches taller he would AV's favourite player cause of his work ethic and tenacity. He is always back defensively and while he isnt the biggest i dont really see him getting shoved around as much as you would expect. When he settles down the points will start to come and once a few bounces go his way things are gonna start looking good for him. I wasnt able to watch the whole game tonight, but there was one play that stood out to me where he nearly beat a defender who was in the middle of his zone to a puck along the boards and he started from the blue line and after the puck got cleared he hauled ass and was back defensively before his wingers. Look at a Martin St. Louis, it took him ages to get to the pro's and when he did it took him a lot of time to adjust. If we give up on this guy this early into his development we are gonna sorely regret it and in five years we will no doubt end up seeing the "Look how good Schroeder is! and _________ sucks! That was a horrible trade we should/thank goodness we fired MG!" posts from people that called for his head after 20 games into a shortened season.

JS did well with Raymond and Hansen - question is if not everybody would do well on the third line as long as #21 and #36 is aboard.

Maybe Higgins should be moved back to the 2nd line instead of JS - to give the third line a center, and to give the second line some scoring touch.

Maybe Higgins could help Kassian and Booth light it up a bit, after spending some time with the sidewinders on the third line..?

Pull the plug is the wrong term.

i would not be opposed to seeing JS back on the Wolves. But I actually don't mind him on the 4th line. Its a good exercise to make him skate and check. As long as he can centre the 2knd PP which uses his offensive skills!. He did not look bad on the point on the first PP btw, but thats Bieksa's job when he's back.

I'm sorry, did you see him push Douglas Murray off of the puck last night in the offensive zone? Duggles is 6'3", 240lbs, and he got pushed over by a player you describe as looking "tiny on the ice." The reason that Schroeder is playing on the fourth line isn't because he's doing poorly, it's because AV trusts him to play there over a converted Raymond or Burrows. Remember, on the road the Canucks first change, so he's facing the opponents 1st or 2nd lines when taking a face-off. That's confidence from the coach, not punishment. Not to mention he's driving the power-play right now. If they really thought he couldn't play they'd have brought Ebbett back for fourth line duties.

He's never going to light it up playing with Sestito, Weise. He didn't even get a real shot at real top 6 minutes (16+min). He should have had a shot with Burrows and Raymond or Booth on the 2nd line, with real offensive player.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth/Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

I dont get the raymond and burrows experiment on center when you have a real offensive center in Schroeder. It's too obvious, yet AV seems to want to complicate things

Schroeder has shown that he belongs when given linemates he fits in with.Kassian is the same as are most young men adjusting to the highest level of hockey.

He will mature and become more effective and be used in the 3c position when the opponent is the right fit.

I liked his stint on PP d .That shows the club recognises his abilities.

Archived