The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Shroeder Has Been Given Enough Time To Showcase His Talents!

Pasific Coluseum

I lol-ed (past tense of lol). That is funny.

As for Schroeder, his play is in no way deficient on

the fourth line. If your argument is that his skillset is

being wasted playing in between Wiese and the brute,

that may be the case.

But if you're suggesting that he's underperforming,

you be straight up trippin'.

Hockey players have roles, some which come naturally, and

some that they work themselves into, and others that they're

asked to do. Schroeder's role at the moment is being performed

up to an acceptable level.

If you're suggesting that he is not performing up to

a second line/offensive-minded standard. You are correct.

But your proposition is irrelevant. That is not his present role.

So, back off, Jack.

I think that Schroeder is actually playing pretty good. The little things he is doing right such as using his speed to pressure defensemen in the offensive zone and excellent backchecking are often overlooked because he is not getting points.

Getting points would be a bonus but that is not the ultimate role of a fourth line centre. I remember Joe Thornton's rookie year in Boston, he never got off the fourth line on a bad team but at least he was getting playing time time was learning the NHL game.

wow! cant believe the threads on this forum any more. Guess it doesn't surprise me. Jordan will be a very nice player in time, and the production will continue to get better. Burrows had 9 points his first full year with the Nucks,,, guess we should have gotten rid of him as well! People neede to realize that AV will not place rookie players in top 6 roles very often. It falls in line with the plan to develop players over time and not pay them too much too early. If Kassian stays with the top line for the whole year, what will his numbers look like and what will that cost the Canucks when his contract is up in a year to two? Money as well as talent plays a part in all of this as well people. JS is a nice prospect who has very good hands and sees the ice extremely well

If our GMs had listened this type of Canuck fan who wants every rookie traded because they were not putting up a ton of points in their first year we would not have the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler...

And then after they are traded and do well, the same people complain that the GM is an idiot for trading them.

I don't know why he's playing with two plugs on the fourth line in Tom Sestito and Dale Weise. I don't know why Maxim Lapierre's playing with David Booth and Zack Kassian.

Booth needs a player that can dish him the puck mid-stride busting down the wing. Lapierre's can't distribute the puck. Schroeder can.

Schroeder needs a player that can win the puck battles for him down low. Kassian can do that and move to the front of the net.

See they all compliment each other.

the only reason schroeder was put on the 4th line is because he did not do anything on the third. People criticized lapierre for not doing much on the fourth but now i think people are starting to realize how hard it is to produce on the fourth line with 2 wingers who dont know how to shoot.

I like Schoeder, why would we trade him?? It always takes smaller players longer to adjust. St.Louis and Parise took a while to adjust they werent super starts early in their careers. Give him a few years...

Is it time to pull the plug so to speak on Jordan? He looks so tiny on the ice. In puck battles he loses the puck so easily. He's not exactly lighting it up for a prospect with scoring potential. He's speedy and improving defensively. I'm afraid to say I don't think Mr. Shroeder is going to turn into Nazem Kadri. I don't see the point of putting Jordan on the 4th line either.

I wouldn't be opposed to Shroeder being dangled as trade bait at the deadline. I really think he will struggle in the playoffs because of his size. I just wished Shroeder turned out to be a Paul Kariya type.

I want to see what Steve Pinozzato can do. I hope Canucks send Jordan down and bring Steve up soon.

i thought he looked fine last night, sestito blew coverage on the 1st goal. on the PP once they moved him to the left point he was very good (that is where he played for the wolves on the PP at times). He also used to run the wolves PP from the top of the left circle.

If they keep giving him good PP minutes and slowly work him into that booth/kass line he will be an adequate replacement until kes gets back.

prospect pool is empty already, lets empty it some more.

Seriously, let's look at the Red Wings and see what they do with their prospects. They after all have been on of the most consistent teams in the NHL.

Archived