1. Sit Edler for two games
2. Bring Edler back for four games
3. Sit Edler again for one game (regardless of performance, unless he has a point per game average)
I think AV needs to repeat this process over and over, because for the future, it will establish the tone of what it takes to play in Vancouver, which should be: "Regardless of contract size or clauses, you will play when you're performing your best, and will sit until you have found that performance."
Also, I am tired of GMMG sitting back. Here are the qualities of a GM we need.
1. Diplomatic and reasonable
2. Moves with urgency and boldness
3. Have a touch of impatience
4. Has the heart and drive of Don Cherry (NO I am not saying the new GM should be Don, just saying a quality he must have is a trait Don has)
If GMMG doesn't seriously realize that something is wrong with the team, then he obviously doesn't know anything about hockey. His trades and moves don't have to be blockbusters necessarily, but they have to be smart, and actually contribute to the team.
Is it time to pull the plug so to speak on Jordan? He looks so tiny on the ice. In puck battles he loses the puck so easily. He's not exactly lighting it up for a prospect with scoring potential. He's speedy and improving defensively. I'm afraid to say I don't think Mr. Shroeder is going to turn into Nazem Kadri. I don't see the point of putting Jordan on the 4th line either.
I wouldn't be opposed to Shroeder being dangled as trade bait at the deadline. I really think he will struggle in the playoffs because of his size. I just wished Shroeder turned out to be a Paul Kariya type.
I want to see what Steve Pinozzato can do. I hope Canucks send Jordan down and bring Steve up soon.
Edited by Ryan Murray, 06 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.