Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lonny_Bohonos_14

[Disscussion] Seth Jones value to Dallas

6 posts in this topic

So this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I base this off of what I see on this board when many people goes crazy over any guy who comes from B.C. I'm not saying that's bad, but when the only positive trait 'player x' has is that he's a "big old B.C. boy" well... <_<

So any ways..

Dallas is in a non traditional hockey market. They have had success, but in recent years they've struggle financial and have a dwindling fan base. Now here comes along a stud defensive prospect, and low-and-behold he's a "big old Texas boy".

Not only could they bring in a potential super star, but a local boy, and that could be a huge PR move in non typical hockey market.

So, my question. If you're Dallas, what's it worth to you? Would you give up Benn? Maybe a package of Campbell (G) + Faska + picks?

Or am I way out to lunch and nobody in Texas will care either way?

Trading a player entering his prime for an 18 year old is a step backwards.

So this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I base this off of what I see on this board when many people goes bat sh*t crazy over any guy who comes from B.C. I'm not saying that's bad, but when the only positive trait 'player x' has is that he's a "big old B.C. boy" well... <_<

So any ways..

Dallas is in a non traditional hockey market. They have had success, but in recent years they've struggle financial and have a dwindling fan base. Now here comes along a stud defensive prospect, and low-and-behold he's a "big old Texas boy".

Not only could they bring in a potential super star, but a local boy, and that could be a huge PR move in non typical hockey market.

So, my question. If you're Dallas, what's it worth to you? Would you give up Benn? Maybe a package of Campbell (G) + Faska + picks?

Or am I way out to lunch and nobody in Texas will care either way?

If I am Seth Jones I am hoping not to go to the Stars. How many hometown boys have had long successful careers? Especially more so for 1st overall picks.

If anything he should hope to go to another US city, be a 15 year all-star and international player, and become the face of US hockey.

He can go to the Stars by choice when his UFA years are on, when he is mature enough to handle the added pressure and criticism.

Yo.

Just my 2 cents, but Hockey in Texas bigger then you think. I had a friend that was just there, and hockey is actually considered very big.

Another thing.

Track record for defencemens to go number 1, are not as good as fowards going number 1. Alot of them become all stars, franchise players, the same cannot be said for defencemens. Seth Jones, reminds some of Eric Johnson. Good skill good read, tall lanky, uses his body and the whole 9 yards, blah blah. HFboards recently had a Winterhawk fan who said that, he's seen jones many times, but he said he still does not understand why he is rated number 1. Maybe he does not see what scouts see in him, but there is some risk factors, as we have still yet to witness a number picked dman literally become an all around Norris calibre defencemen.

A package for Jones or the pick would require something including some, if not all of Oleksiak, Campbell and Faksa, as well as some other picks/parts