The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV needs to stop playing favorites

Canuckler87

Has anyone ever noticed how AV either likes a player.. or just doesn't for whatever reason? It goes much further back than this season. A classic example.. he plays Rome in favour of more talented players on the roster (Ballard). On the other hand, we acquire Matheau Schneider & he mysteriously leaves the team on anything but good terms not even a season later.

Last night whilst watching sportsnet after the game, g valk actually made a great point. why is shroeder on the PP which went 0-5 last night in place of garrison who we acquired for this very reason? Shroeder missed the net 2times in a row last night on a late game PP.. that game was winnable if we had better decision making in terms if who's playing in our PP.

Maybe Hodgson was whiny. I personally was happy when we got Kassian. I still am.. but in saying that, maybe we shouldn't overlook his treatment at the hands if AV. I mean, AV questioned Hodgsons injury a while back (More recently he questioned keslers) but back to the point, he's not very good at building confidence of young players.

I just don't understand some of his decision making. I think he needs to think better in terms if what gives us the best chance to win instead of who HE wants to see playing in place of another. This is my biggest criticism of him. He has a great record & Im not saying he's a bad coach.. it's just this whole "AV likes, AV doesn't like" game is getting old & im sick of watching it.

I get you're new here, but you should try reading some of existing threads on this. We've had them for Vigneault, Ballard and Garrison already and there's some reasonably clear evidence he's not playing favourites or being spiteful.

I get you're new here, but you should try reading some of existing threads on this. We've had them for Vigneault, Ballard and Garrison already and there's some reasonably clear evidence he's not playing favourites or being spiteful.

Has anyone ever noticed how AV either likes a player.. or just doesn't for whatever reason? It goes much further back than this season. A classic example.. he plays Rome in favour of more talented players on the roster (Ballard). On the other hand, we acquire Matheau Schneider & he mysteriously leaves the team on anything but good terms not even a season later.

Last night whilst watching sportsnet after the game, g valk actually made a great point. why is shroeder on the PP which went 0-5 last night in place of garrison who we acquired for this very reason? Shroeder missed the net 2times in a row last night on a late game PP.. that game was winnable if we had better decision making in terms if who's playing in our PP.

Maybe Hodgson was whiny. I personally was happy when we got Kassian. I still am.. but in saying that, maybe we shouldn't overlook his treatment at the hands if AV. I mean, AV questioned Hodgsons injury a while back (More recently he questioned keslers) but back to the point, he's not very good at building confidence of young players.

I just don't understand some of his decision making. I think he needs to think better in terms if what gives us the best chance to win instead of who HE wants to see playing in place of another. This is my biggest criticism of him. He has a great record & Im not saying he's a bad coach.. it's just this whole "AV likes, AV doesn't like" game is getting old & im sick of watching it.

It may not be a case of playing favourites, as we're not really on the bench or in the dressing room to see what else is happening. And I have to agree that there are ongoing threads in progress already addressing this.

Archived