The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why does skytrain suck so much on weekends?

long story short. translink doesn't seem to give a damn about people who have to work in the morning on a saturday/sunday [i.e. having to be downtown at 7 or 8 am when the trip starts at lougheed station]. their scheduling is a joke. i've spoken to numerous friends about this and they seem to agree with this. i wish they would operate same hours as on weekdays, its a public service which should adhere to its needs.

/end rant.

I have to agree, I work at 7 on weekends and am always about 10 minutes late even though I catch the first train. Then there's the whole illogical mess of having skytrain service end before the bars close. I wonder how fewer drunk driving convictions there would be if people had the option of skytraining home late on a Friday or Staurday night.

long story short. translink doesn't seem to give a damn about people who have to work in the morning on a saturday/sunday [i.e. having to be downtown at 7 or 8 am when the trip starts at lougheed station]. their scheduling is a joke. i've spoken to numerous friends about this and they seem to agree with this. i wish they would operate same hours as on weekdays, its a public service which should adhere to its needs.

/end rant.

Have you tried Trip Planner on TransLink's website?

There's a train that goes eastbound to Waterfront from Lougheed Station at 6:13am on Saturdays.

You should contact TransLink: http://feedback.tran...stomerComplaint

They're very good with responding to all customer concerns/complaints/etc.

I agree.

I came back after spending a month in Japan and my impressions of the skytrains were: too slow, too much vibration, poor seat layouts, trains kinda small.

I was thinking, "Wow, it took me 40 minutes to get home... I could have easily went to Kyoto from Osaka already"

Well they examine usage data constantly in large volumes and add/delete/retime service constantly to improve efficiency and lower operating costs but the start and end of service time everyday appears to be set in stone that is not determined by the statistics. Its political and politics often has nothing to do with reality.

I agree.

I came back after spending a month in Japan and my impressions of the skytrains were: too slow, too much vibration, poor seat layouts, trains kinda small.

I was thinking, "Wow, it took me 40 minutes to get home... I could have easily went to Kyoto from Osaka already"

Archived