The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Perfect 3rd or 2nd line centre for the Canucks?

NHLYoungGuns

In your opinion, who do you believe would be the perfect fit for the Canucks as a third line centre? I like Schroeder, but I don't think we can get far in the playoffs if we don't have some size in the middle. We need someone who can play offense and defense, not just a defensive centre. We do not need another Pahlsson on this team. I don't believe Lapierre can produce offensively as a 3rd line centre. We need a player who can bring energy, grit and offense. Following this further, which names do you think will suit the Canucks as a 3rd line centre? (Linemates would most likely be Hansen and Raymond, they have developed chemistry)

Kesler should be moved to the right wing on the second line. Obviously if the Canucks were to pick up a second line centre, it would be a playmaker. Having third line players on our second line isn't going to win us a cup. With Kelser injured for the time being, a playmaking centre could definitely help the Canucks. Which names do you think would fit the Canucks as a second line centre?

I don't know if there's many options for 3rd line center unless they drop Kesler to the 3rd and bring in a 2nd C instead (which I think would be better suited for Kesler and open up line matching combos and offensive depth)....

Here's some d-day players the canucks will look into:

- Peter Mueller

- Jared Smithson

- Paul Statsny

- Antoine Vermette

- Chad Larose

- Simon Depres

- Joey MacDonald/Erik Karlsson/Brian Boucher (whoever is avaliable on waivers IF a goaltender is traded)

Ideally, I'd like to see them trade a goalie for a young centre but that prob won't happen till the summer.

Wondering if Fla will part with Goc? Great cap hit, 1 yr left on deal after this season. He plays a shutdown role in Fla. It's been reported Fla is having severe $$ issues, maybe Canucks could take Santorelli or other $$ and get a good deal for Goc?

With O'Reilly signed, Colorado has 3 top 6 centres. If Stasny is available, the Canucks should really look at acquiring him (if he is actually available)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Stastny-Jensen/Booth/Kassian

Higgins-Raymond-Hansen

That's more than enough offense to steal games for us.......

We just need to work on our PP and shoot the damn puck

Vermette if Phoenix drops out. If not here are some other options

- Zack Smith (he'd fit perfectly IMO)

- Marcel Goc

- Frans Nielsen

- Daniel Alfredsson (if Ottawa drops out)

- Tyler Myers

- Ryane Clowe

IMO I think Gillis will make a Higgins/Lapierre type of unexpected move.

Why? They have a good system, good coaching, and great goaltending. Any team that has that can find success no matter how much they spend. Drafting studs like OEL and Boedker help too.

Chicago spends almost just as much, and they were knocked out of the playoffs by Phoenix. They've found a way to win with what they've got. Give them props.

If it's your money, say you go to a dealership and by a car for 100k. A colleague comes in the next day with the same car and says he bought it for 50k. Wouldnt you be pissed?

I understand hockey has a lot more variables and uncertainty but the main point is, Phoenix got much better value compared to Vancouver. I dont think there's much debate to that.

And if I was the guy signing the checks, I would care about how much value I'm getting for those checks.

Vermette if Phoenix drops out. If not here are some other options

- Zack Smith (he'd fit perfectly IMO)

- Marcel Goc

- Frans Nielsen

- Daniel Alfredsson (if Ottawa drops out)

- Tyler Myers

- Ryane Clowe

IMO I think Gillis will make a Higgins/Lapierre type of unexpected move.

Archived