The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks quest for righthanded right side defenseman

With Bieksa injured we are seeing how weak the right side really is for the nucks right now.

Who would you guys want us to look at to pick up either for a rental or for long term.

Ive read people wanting Carlson from washington which i would like as well but who else is out there that you have your eye on?

I like Garrison but i think we wouldve been better served maybe waiting it out and his money going to someone we might get at the trade deadline or next seasons ufa.

luongo

for

bozak + franson + ashton

fuk i wish we traded lui for that bozak + kadri + pick package.... and with jensen coming... the future up front wouldve looked pretty damn solid.

sedin - sedin - burrows

booth - kadri - kassian

higgins - kesler - hansen

lapierre - bozak - raymond

I'm sure yannick Weber out of Montreal could be had for cheap. He's been replaced in Montreal by Diaz and hasn't played a game this year. Not the best stats but he's only 24, has 110 NHL games experience. Is a puck moving defenseman who can play forward, and shoots right. Probably only take a 3rd or 4th round pick to get him.

How about Ballard for Boyle and either Eminger or Gilroy? Ballard was a capable top 4 dman with Florida and might fit better in NY. Boyle is struggling greatly with 1 point in -7 but like Ballard has some decent hockey under his belt. Eminger/Gilroy are 7-8 dmen who can play the right side.

We should look at Braydon Coburn, he isn't right handed but he plays the right side. He would be great alongside Edler.

He isn't having a good year at all, and the Flyers are slipping. I was talking with some Flyers fans who are saying he would be available but they would probably want a puck mover in return. His contract is 4.5 with years left.

So maybe we could do Ballard+ for him.

Maybe something like:

Ballard + 2nd + Prospect or Ballard + 1st or maybe something abour Ballard and Lack since they need goaltending.

Either that or Meszaros who isn't much of an upgrade on Ballard, Thoughts?

Jonathan Blum comes to might. Was highly touted a year or two ago but seems to have fallen from grace. Would be a good 5-8 guy and young enough to still have quality upside. He's a healthy scratch with Nashville. I honestly can see us packaging Ballard+ for Blum with Gill injured they need a veteran top 4 guy.

With Bieksa injured we are seeing how weak the right side really is for the nucks right now.

Who would you guys want us to look at to pick up either for a rental or for long term.

Ive read people wanting Carlson from washington which i would like as well but who else is out there that you have your eye on?

I like Garrison but i think we wouldve been better served maybe waiting it out and his money going to someone we might get at the trade deadline or next seasons ufa.

Archived