The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stompin' Tom Connors Dead: Canadian Music Icon Dies At Age 77

Stompin' Tom Connors Dead: Canadian Music Icon Dies At Age 77

The Huffington Post Canada | Posted: 03/06/2013 8:32 pm EST | Updated: 03/06/2013 8:45 pm EST

r-STOMPIN-TOM-CONNORS-DEAD-large570.jpg?6

Canadian music icon Stompin' Tom Connors has died at the age of 77.

A release on the folk musician's website confirms that Connors died of natural causes at his home in Ontario.

Connors is perhaps best well-known for "The Hockey Song," but has also released dozens of albums since the '60s.

RIP Stompin' Tom

this is really sad news,

this is a brief message he wrote for his website.

"Hello friends, I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom."

"It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with it's beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world."

"I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future."

"I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done."

Sincerely,

Your Friend always,

Stompin' Tom Connors

this is really sad news,

this is a brief message he wrote for his website.

"Hello friends, I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom."

"It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with it's beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world."

"I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future."

"I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done."

Sincerely,

Your Friend always,

Stompin' Tom Connors

Archived