The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Jensen stays

Erik Karlsson

If Jensen gets called up from the Wolves after some games which I think he will and he plays good enough to earn a top 6 spot, do you guys think we will be set for the playoffs forward or atleast top 6 wise?

Kesler and Jensen are both shoot first players so I think putting Schroeder on the wing or even between them would really help our top 6 scoring wise.

Kesler could play the center role in the defensive end and can switch off to the wing on the rush with Schroeder in the middle dishing them passes, might even cause some confusion for the opposing team.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Jensen-Kesler-Schroeder

Booth-Raymond-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Kesler is a selke winner and Schroeder is solid defensively so even if Jensen isn't they can make up for that and counter on the rush since they're all fast.

It would take a lot of pressure off the twins to have another scoring threat every night.

Then we also have a 3rd line who can score, Raymonds looked good at center and if we can't trade for a 3rd line center then we can always swap between Schroeder and Raymond whenever.

Our 4th line is pretty much a 3rd line that can be used as a checking line. Which lets Kesler be used in a more offensive role which should cut down on some injuries.

The only problem with this lineup is it's a little soft, but I don't really see Sestito or Weise getting too much ice time in the playoffs anyways.

Could also try

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Booth

So you think he'll get some games in Van? I remember AV was drooling over this kid 2 years ago in camp. I read an article last yr and AV was still drooling about him. But under Gillis, Canucks haven't really brought up a young guy without at least half a season in AHL..... have they? I can't remember.

I still think they need a 3C and a depth righty dman.

So you think he'll get some games in Van? I remember AV was drooling over this kid 2 years ago in camp. I read an article last yr and AV was still drooling about him. But under Gillis, Canucks haven't really brought up a young guy without at least half a season in AHL..... have they? I can't remember.

I still think they need a 3C and a depth righty dman.

Personally, i think he should be on the wing with the Sedins. Shoot first player with two of the best playmakers in the league? No brainer. Best opportunity for growth for him. If he works out for us, it could create a big cluster in our lineup, and maybe Schroeder might end up in the minors.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Booth-Raymond-Hansen

Sestito/Weise-Lappy-Kassian

Booth could be moved for a 3rd line center, maybe target somebody like Bryan Little?

I agree and like the idea in theory but I think they will call up Jensen to get in some games before the regular season ends and then make a decision on if he can make an impact in the playoffs.

Last year Kassian was a non factor but this year he should be able to contribute even if he doesn't score by hitting and getting in on the fore check.

Also on the third line center part Raymond has been working at center because of his speed and playmaking ability if he can dramatically improve his face off skills with Malhotra's coaching it will be interesting to see if the Canucks convert him to a full time center.

Maybe he does the reverse Brad Boyes who changed from center to full time wing.

I agree and like the idea in theory but I think they will call up Jensen to get in some games before the regular season ends and then make a decision on if he can make an impact in the playoffs.

Last year Kassian was a non factor but this year he should be able to contribute even if he doesn't score by hitting and getting in on the fore check.

Also on the third line center part Raymond has been working at center because of his speed and playmaking ability if he can dramatically improve his face off skills with Malhotra's coaching it will be interesting to see if the Canucks convert him to a full time center.

Maybe he does the reverse Brad Boyes who changed from center to full time wing.

Personally, i think he should be on the wing with the Sedins. Shoot first player with two of the best playmakers in the league? No brainer. Best opportunity for growth for him. If he works out for us, it could create a big cluster in our lineup, and maybe Schroeder might end up in the minors.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Booth-Raymond-Hansen

Sestito/Weise-Lappy-Kassian

Booth could be moved for a 3rd line center, maybe target somebody like Bryan Little?

I'd love to see a healthy line up like this

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Booth

Kassian - Schroeder - Jensen

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

No need for a trade for a forward if everyone plays to their potential

I think if Jensen cracks the Canucks line up, it will be as a fourth liner...

Sedin--Sedin--Booth (18 minutes per game) == first scoring line

Burrows--Kesler--Lapierre (19 minutes per game) == shut down line capable of scoring

Higgins--Raymond--Hansen (15 minutes per game) == second scoring line

Jensen--Schroeder--Kassian (8 minutes per game) == kid line (speed/energy)

Sestito--Pinnizotto--Weise

Under this scenario, I see the Kesler line being the most important in the mix. They will get matched up against the other team's top line with the responsibility of shutting them down, and will get the most ice time. This means Sedin's line will be matched up against the other team's top checkers, so if Kesler's line can neutralize the other team's top line and Sedin's line is neutralized, then Raymond's line will be counted on for goals.

A fourth line made up kids has worked in the past for other clubs...they can inject speed, enthusiasm, energy. If they can contribute a goal or two per series, then all the better. If added size is required, bring in Sestito.

If Jensen gets called up from the Wolves after some games which I think he will and he plays good enough to earn a top 6 spot, do you guys think we will be set for the playoffs forward or atleast top 6 wise?

Kesler and Jensen are both shoot first players so I think putting Schroeder on the wing or even between them would really help our top 6 scoring wise.

Kesler could play the center role in the defensive end and can switch off to the wing on the rush with Schroeder in the middle dishing them passes, might even cause some confusion for the opposing team.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Jensen-Kesler-Schroeder

Booth-Raymond-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Kesler is a selke winner and Schroeder is solid defensively so even if Jensen isn't they can make up for that and counter on the rush since they're all fast.

It would take a lot of pressure off the twins to have another scoring threat every night.

Then we also have a 3rd line who can score, Raymonds looked good at center and if we can't trade for a 3rd line center then we can always swap between Schroeder and Raymond whenever.

Our 4th line is pretty much a 3rd line that can be used as a checking line. Which lets Kesler be used in a more offensive role which should cut down on some injuries.

The only problem with this lineup is it's a little soft, but I don't really see Sestito or Weise getting too much ice time in the playoffs anyways.

Could also try

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Booth

Archived