The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Jensen stays

Erik Karlsson

Hopefully we'll know before the trade deadline, so we can know if Booth is expendable or not.

1 point in 7 games for a 4 million dollar forward isn't cutting it.

I would like to see us use that cap space for a top 6 D-man (Mark Streit), or a depth forward with some grit (Brendan Morrow).

Hopefully we'll know before the trade deadline, so we can know if Booth is expendable or not.

1 point in 7 games for a 4 million dollar forward isn't cutting it.

I would like to see us use that cap space for a top 6 D-man (Mark Streit), or a depth forward with some grit (Brendan Morrow).

As is a 4.2million D who is going to ride the pine (I like Ballard, I'd actually like to see him used more), and a 4.0 or 5.3million dollar back up goaltender.

I would personally prefer this to be all dealt with at the deadline. Gillis can spin his tales all he wants but by the time off-season comes and the cap lowers, he is going to get even less for any of these players.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Jensen-Deadline Acquisition-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Sestito/Weise/Pinizotto

That is how I see things more realistically shaping up. Maybe Raymond gets moved out for Antropov, Bozak, or some other 3rd line centre.

Booth and Kesler are shooters and need a playmaker. Kassian is a great passer and seems to have had some initial chemistry with Booth... if Kesler can manage not to screw that up it could be a seriously difficult line to play against and would match up against the opponent's top line pretty well.

We don't have a 3rd line centre that is going to get us anywhere in the playoffs. It simply hasn't been addressed. Schroeder has been terrible since the real NHLers have gotten into game shape, he had a step on them originally because he was already in mid-season form. Raymond is not the answer long term.

PP units can have Kesler as the net presence on the top unit and Kassian on the 2nd.

PK pairings of the 3rd line centre with Hansen, and Lapierre with Higgins allows us to keep our lines fairly intact and not screw up the few shifts after special teams as much trying to juggle them back into order. Taking Kesler off most defensive and PK duties can maybe spur him back in the form he was in when Manny was doing that for him.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows/Kassian

Higgins - Raymond - Hansen

Sestito - Lappy - Jensen

I know Jensen isn't a 4th liner, but I can't see him beating out anyone in that top 9 and that is already bumping out Schroeder and making Raymond centre (seems to be playing well) If someone isn't playing well swap them out with Jensen, except Kassian I believe he should be kept in the top 6.

He should get a shot at some 2nd unit PP time though.

Booth and Higgins can be interchangeable depending on how their playing.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Jensen

Raymond - Pinizzotto - Hansen

Booth - Lappy - Kassian

I'd like to see this. The Sedins obviously love playing with Burrows the most (as per After Hours w/ Hank) so I don't expect that to change any time soon. I have a feeling they've even told AV to keep Burr with them.

Higgins can be more of a setup man on the 2nd as he has great stick handling and passing skills. If Kes can learn to dish and set things up like a PP or something than I think this line has some major upside.

If Pinner is what he is expected to be then some extra grit on the 3rd to toughen up that line would be great. Plus Hansen and Raymond should stick together as they have great chemistry and have been contributing on a fairly consistent basis for us.

Booth belongs on the 4th line IMO, and so does Kassian. This as a 4th line is deadly, it isn't even really a true 4th but a 3a or 3b. It would be a great line that would be defensively reliable and, hopefully, pop in a few goals here and there.

If I remember correctly, it is after the 9th NHL game that the first year of the ELC gets burnt.

Anyone know if that only applies to the regular season and not the playoffs?

(Ie. we call him up with 9 games remaining plus playoffs and his ELC won't start until next year)

Awful big jump from SEL to AHL to SC playoffs. Good on him if he can do it.

Sedins Burrows/Kassian

Higgins Kes Burrows/Kassian

Booth deadline guy Jensen

Raymond Lappy Hansen

Sestito Pini Weise

If Jensen is really good, switch him up with Kass. I do like Booth and Kass on the same line with a good, play-making C.

If I remember correctly, it is after the 9th NHL game that the first year of the ELC gets burnt.

(Ie. we call him up with 9 games remaining plus playoffs and his ELC won't start until next year)

Given who all plays well together, I would propose the following:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

1. We know the Sedins and Burrows play well together. They're one of the best lines in the league

2. We know that Raymond and Schroeder have chemistry and Raymond and Hansen seem to mesh together.

3. We know that Booth and Kassian looked great together.

4. We know that Higgins worked nicely with Kesler based on their play last year when the AMEX line was put together.

The wild card is obviously the 2nd line. We don't know how Jensen will look in the NHL when and if he gets his chance and we don't know if he'll mesh with Kesler. But the other 3 lines work and this lineup gives the Canucks a super balanced attack.

Given who all plays well together, I would propose the following:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

1. We know the Sedins and Burrows play well together. They're one of the best lines in the league

2. We know that Raymond and Schroeder have chemistry and Raymond and Hansen seem to mesh together.

3. We know that Booth and Kassian looked great together.

4. We know that Higgins worked nicely with Kesler based on their play last year when the AMEX line was put together.

The wild card is obviously the 2nd line. We don't know how Jensen will look in the NHL when and if he gets his chance and we don't know if he'll mesh with Kesler. But the other 3 lines work and this lineup gives the Canucks a super balanced attack.

How about this?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Jensen Kesler Voracek?

Raymond Schroeder Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise, Sestito, Pinizzotto

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Garrison

Gonchar? Tanev

Barker, Alberts, Vandermeer

Or

Sedin Sedin Burrows