The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider for huberdeau

I can make the same post about Huberdeau. His draft pedigree, his success in junior, his absolutely elite offensive skills. Huberdeau is one of the best prospects to come from the Q in a while now, I fully expect him to become one of the top centers in this league. Some already consider him a favorite to win the Calder this year.

Schneider while a great goalie has never been a starter for a full season's duration. It just not the way Tallon operates to trade a young up and coming top line center when its been a need for Florida for years. Florida will never trade Huberdeau, blue chip prospects are seldom ever dealt. The only current example I remember is the Mike Richards trade that saw Brayden Schenn go to Philly. So unless you are willing to put Kesler on the table, I wouldnt expect Florida to be keen on moving Huberdeau.

Uhm; Huberdeau was once considered the top prospect in the world not playing in the NHL by some?

Generally a top forward garners more interest than a top goalie.

Lou from Florida was an exception; because Bertuzzi was coming off the Steve Moore incident, the lockout and an indifferent return when he did hit the ice again... He had to go, much like Lou should now?

Schneider straight up for Huberdeau is a fair deal.

A future star goalie is far more important to a franchise than a future star forward. For example, you're more likely to win games with Lundqvist than with Crosby.

Stamkos was, and is, one of the most physically gifted athletes of our time. No, not in the vein of pure hockey talent such as Gretzky. When he was a rookie, TB was not that far removed from a cup winning team to compete for time with and he still literally shoved people out of his way for a roster spot.

This player has explosive power, speed, and athleticism. He is amazingly fit. Guys 20 lbs heavier than him can't out muscle him, and then he blows past them with quickness and still has a snap in his shot. He is a guy you cannot stop because of his athleticism.

I like Huberdeau as well, a lot actually, he has some of that sick hockey sense and competes very hard for a talent guy. Guys who took in GDT's during the world juniors can attest that I am a Huberdeau fan, but Stamkos is a different level. In stats, Stamkos is leading the league in goals at age 23. If he does and I am betting he will, it could be his 3rd Rocket Richard trophy in 4 years. He also has a second place finish. Its possible he could have 5 goal scoring titles before he's 25? That could launch him past other amazing phenom's like Mike Bossy, Selanne, Mogilny, Bure...

Stamkos is well on his way to carving out a HHOF career. Lets just say Johnny is not there yet?

I'd love to hear your arguement.

Full 82 game season rookie pace;

Huberdeau - 37 Goals 17 Assists

Stamkos - 24 Goals 24 Assists

Stamkos was, and is, one of the most physically gifted athletes of our time. No, not in the vein of pure hockey talent such as Gretzky. When he was a rookie, TB was not that far removed from a cup winning team to compete for time with and he still literally shoved people out of his way for a roster spot.

This player has explosive power, speed, and athleticism. He is amazingly fit. Guys 20 lbs heavier than him can't out muscle him, and then he blows past them with quickness and still has a snap in his shot. He is a guy you cannot stop because of his athleticism.

I like Huberdeau as well, a lot actually, he has some of that sick hockey sense and competes very hard for a talent guy. Guys who took in GDT's during the world juniors can attest that I am a Huberdeau fan, but Stamkos is a different level. In stats, Stamkos is leading the league in goals at age 23. If he does and I am betting he will, it could be his 3rd Rocket Richard trophy in 4 years. He also has a second place finish. Its possible he could have 5 goal scoring titles before he's 25? That could launch him past other amazing phenom's like Mike Bossy, Selanne, Mogilny, Bure...

Stamkos is well on his way to carving out a HHOF career. Lets just say Johnny is not there yet?

I agree with you; it is extremely doubtful Florida will ever trade Huberdeau. Can't see it happening!

To me Huberdeau has CoHo calbre hockey skills with a fair whack more speed and what Aussie's call "work rate." In short, his speed and level of compete will make him more effective than a CoHo; I project 2 - 4 time all star. (CoHo once, maybe twice?).

But I project Stankos a first ballot HHOF which is a different level of elite. He will be an all star almost every year he is in the league and healthy?

Still leaves Huberdeau an awesome player to keep.

All i'm saying is that they're both elite players. Trading a rookie huberdeau is like trading a rookie stamkos, imo. Or Tavares.

Archived