43 replies to this topic

#31 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

schneider, cannuaton and Kesler for Huberdeau and 2013 1st.

there done

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#32 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Like.....Excelling at every level, His Attitude, Composure, Work Ethic, Technique, Natural Ability are all second to none.

Or, should you need statistics, please have a look at his numbers when called upon in the playoffs the last couple years.

http://www.hockey-re.../schneco01.html

So you are saying he has proven without a doubt that he could take that Panthers team and carry them?

"Like.....Excelling at every level, His Attitude, Composure, Work Ethic, Technique, Natural Ability are all second to none."

With all due respect, this is opinion, not fact. I like Schneider but he has not shown anything at the NHL level to suggest he will be a superstar. Huberdeau is a dynamic franchise type player. And Tallon is not a moron.

#33 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Uhm; Huberdeau was once considered the top prospect in the world not playing in the NHL by some?

Generally a top forward garners more interest than a top goalie.

Lou from Florida was an exception; because Bertuzzi was coming off the Steve Moore incident, the lockout and an indifferent return when he did hit the ice again... He had to go, much like Lou should now?

Schneider straight up for Huberdeau is a fair deal.

A future star goalie is far more important to a franchise than a future star forward. For example, you're more likely to win games with Lundqvist than with Crosby.

#34 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Stamkos was, and is, one of the most physically gifted athletes of our time. No, not in the vein of pure hockey talent such as Gretzky. When he was a rookie, TB was not that far removed from a cup winning team to compete for time with and he still literally shoved people out of his way for a roster spot.

This player has explosive power, speed, and athleticism. He is amazingly fit. Guys 20 lbs heavier than him can't out muscle him, and then he blows past them with quickness and still has a snap in his shot. He is a guy you cannot stop because of his athleticism.

I like Huberdeau as well, a lot actually, he has some of that sick hockey sense and competes very hard for a talent guy. Guys who took in GDT's during the world juniors can attest that I am a Huberdeau fan, but Stamkos is a different level. In stats, Stamkos is leading the league in goals at age 23. If he does and I am betting he will, it could be his 3rd Rocket Richard trophy in 4 years. He also has a second place finish. Its possible he could have 5 goal scoring titles before he's 25? That could launch him past other amazing phenom's like Mike Bossy, Selanne, Mogilny, Bure...

Stamkos is well on his way to carving out a HHOF career. Lets just say Johnny is not there yet?

I'd love to hear your arguement.

Full 82 game season rookie pace;

Huberdeau - 37 Goals 17 Assists

Stamkos - 24 Goals 24 Assists

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 08 March 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#35 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Stamkos was, and is, one of the most physically gifted athletes of our time. No, not in the vein of pure hockey talent such as Gretzky. When he was a rookie, TB was not that far removed from a cup winning team to compete for time with and he still literally shoved people out of his way for a roster spot.

This player has explosive power, speed, and athleticism. He is amazingly fit. Guys 20 lbs heavier than him can't out muscle him, and then he blows past them with quickness and still has a snap in his shot. He is a guy you cannot stop because of his athleticism.

I like Huberdeau as well, a lot actually, he has some of that sick hockey sense and competes very hard for a talent guy. Guys who took in GDT's during the world juniors can attest that I am a Huberdeau fan, but Stamkos is a different level. In stats, Stamkos is leading the league in goals at age 23. If he does and I am betting he will, it could be his 3rd Rocket Richard trophy in 4 years. He also has a second place finish. Its possible he could have 5 goal scoring titles before he's 25? That could launch him past other amazing phenom's like Mike Bossy, Selanne, Mogilny, Bure...

Stamkos is well on his way to carving out a HHOF career. Lets just say Johnny is not there yet?

All i'm saying is that they're both elite players. Trading a rookie huberdeau is like trading a rookie stamkos, imo. Or Tavares.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#36 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

give them Kesler as well and then maybe, they consider.

OMG its come to this? Kesler has become a throw-in in trade proposals? Wow this is a dark dark day my friends. :(
Posted Image

#37 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I agree with you; it is extremely doubtful Florida will ever trade Huberdeau. Can't see it happening!

To me Huberdeau has CoHo calbre hockey skills with a fair whack more speed and what Aussie's call "work rate." In short, his speed and level of compete will make him more effective than a CoHo; I project 2 - 4 time all star. (CoHo once, maybe twice?).

But I project Stankos a first ballot HHOF which is a different level of elite. He will be an all star almost every year he is in the league and healthy?

Still leaves Huberdeau an awesome player to keep.

All i'm saying is that they're both elite players. Trading a rookie huberdeau is like trading a rookie stamkos, imo. Or Tavares.

#38 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Schneider, Edler, Kesler, Schroeder.

Huberdeau, Gubranson, 1st 2013.

Schneider and Kesler=Huberdeau

Edler and Schroeder=1st 2013.

Top 6

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Huberdeau-Hansen
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#39 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Schneider straight up for Huberdeau is a fair deal.

A future star goalie is far more important to a franchise than a future star forward. For example, you're more likely to win games with Lundqvist than with Crosby.

Yet you want to trade ours! You make less sense every posting !

#40 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I have to disagree here. Schneider has shown nothing to suggest he will be a future star goalie. Huberdeau is going to be a superstar. There is zero chance Florida does this deal.

You on BC bud? have another toke

#41 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Schneider, Edler, Kesler, Schroeder.

Huberdeau, Gubranson, 1st 2013.

Schneider and Kesler=Huberdeau

Edler and Schroeder=1st 2013.

Top 6

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Huberdeau-Hansen

I didn't get the memo that we were rebuilding?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#42 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

nice contribution pal- r u too cool for words walter cronkite?

#43 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

nice contribution pal- r u too cool for words walter cronkite?

Sorry but contending teams don't trade a future superstar goalie and a Selke winning center for a rookie

#44 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Vancouver is looking at their option to trade a goalie since at least last summer...

I am wondering why is this trade has not been done yet?

is Vancouver holding back waiting to get a lot more than this proposal for one of their goalie?

Edited by palindrom, 09 March 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.