16 replies to this topic

#1 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Gettin' into the meat of the sched-I feel this pack of games is very crucial. Will prob tell us whether we have a contender for this year...

3x Clb, 2x Minn & Col, singles Nash, Det, StL, Phx, & LA.

Lots of winnable games here, & a score or two to settle. Takes us to late March, should we waste this opportunity, I wonder if it'll affect MG's deadline-approach.

I'll say 8-2-2, but this will be tough with our centre/ Rh-D situation. We badly need a few unlikely guys to STEP UP & play to their contract's worth. Yeah, especially the hunting bible-quoter!

Good luck boys! GCG!!

#2 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

I don't know how 3 games against Columbus will tell us anything other than that the Canucks really suck if they lose.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#3 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

But yeah, we do need to see if this Canucks of the last 12 games or so (crap) is the real Canucks...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#4 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I say they struggle .500 and the team waits for a big deal that doesn't happen at the deadline

#5 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,554 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Honestly I expect 18 of possible 24 points... all weak struggling teams
We have to make a strong statement

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#6 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Well, if they were to really rock for the next three weeks, they'd basically have a stranglehold on 3rd place; then hopefully get healthy with sorted lines in April.

I'd speculate it also may decide whether we keep the 'tender-tandem, or finally go with one.

#7 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Really hope the blue jackets don't beat us.

#8 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

17 of 24 i\m going to guess
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#9 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Win the easy ones and be happy with the points. Getting a good spot in the playoff run is important. Save your best for the important games.

Go Canucks Go

#10 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

.500 hockey I predict

Canucks vs Oilers on last day to see who makes it in the 8th spot in the West....

Posted Image

#11 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

Turns out they went 8-3-1, missed it by a point! Schneids came in & saved the day, with that 6 game stretch.

Despite losing the past couple, I suspect people are more optimistic early-April, than we were early-March.

We've got a dozen more, with Roy joining in & Kesler back soon. games #37-48, I predict 9-2-1 to claim the NW for the last time.

#12 khay

khay

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Turns out they went 8-3-1, missed it by a point! Schneids came in & saved the day, with that 6 game stretch.

Despite losing the past couple, I suspect people are more optimistic early-April, than we were early-March.

We've got a dozen more, with Roy joining in & Kesler back soon. games #37-48, I predict 9-2-1 to claim the NW for the last time.

You got me dumbfounded for a bit there... for the last time, as in forever?????? Then I realized the new alignment kicking in.

#13 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Gettin' into the meat of the sched-I feel this pack of games is very crucial. Will prob tell us whether we have a contender for this year...

3x Clb, 2x Minn & Col, singles Nash, Det, StL, Phx, & LA.

Lots of winnable games here, & a score or two to settle. Takes us to late March, should we waste this opportunity, I wonder if it'll affect MG's deadline-approach.

I'll say 8-2-2, but this will be tough with our centre/ Rh-D situation. We badly need a few unlikely guys to STEP UP & play to their contract's worth. Yeah, especially the hunting bible-quoter!

Good luck boys! GCG!!

Those are all tough teams, there aren't any gimmes in the league anymore. CBJ isn't the pushover it used to be, MINN is arguably better then us with the addition of Pominville. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 2-8-2

#14 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Those are all tough teams, there aren't any gimmes in the league anymore. CBJ isn't the pushover it used to be, MINN is arguably better then us with the addition of Pominville. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 2-8-2

Those games have been & gone(March sched)

#15 Blue & Green

Blue & Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Really? Distracting trade deadline finally over, 2 more top 6 centers suiting up sooner rather than later... how about 8-2-2.

#16 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

This upcoming homestand and five-game trip are key...none of those teams are in playoff position except St. Louis for one game, I expect us to get everyone pulling the same way now that the deadline distractions are done, we shouldn't give up more than a couple points the next eight games. The homestand against Detroit, Anaheim and Chicago will be a great bellwether for the playoffs. Might be wise to sit the important players against Chicago, they are a cheap and dirty bunch down there and we don't want another Keith incident, it'd send a message to the League if we sat the Sedins in that game, it was like when they went after Adam Banks in the Mighty Ducks, it was.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#17 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

This upcoming homestand and five-game trip are key...none of those teams are in playoff position except St. Louis for one game, I expect us to get everyone pulling the same way now that the deadline distractions are done, we shouldn't give up more than a couple points the next eight games. The homestand against Detroit, Anaheim and Chicago will be a great bellwether for the playoffs. Might be wise to sit the important players against Chicago, they are a cheap and dirty bunch down there and we don't want another Keith incident, it'd send a message to the League if we sat the Sedins in that game, it was like when they went after Adam Banks in the Mighty Ducks, it was.

I like that they play the easier teams first, with some tougher tests just as the PO's approach. Hopefully Kesler can get playing well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.