The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Next DOZEN!

Nuxfanabroad

Gettin' into the meat of the sched-I feel this pack of games is very crucial. Will prob tell us whether we have a contender for this year...

3x Clb, 2x Minn & Col, singles Nash, Det, StL, Phx, & LA.

Lots of winnable games here, & a score or two to settle. Takes us to late March, should we waste this opportunity, I wonder if it'll affect MG's deadline-approach.

I'll say 8-2-2, but this will be tough with our centre/ Rh-D situation. We badly need a few unlikely guys to STEP UP & play to their contract's worth. Yeah, especially the hunting bible-quoter!

Good luck boys! GCG!!

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out they went 8-3-1, missed it by a point! Schneids came in & saved the day, with that 6 game stretch.

Despite losing the past couple, I suspect people are more optimistic early-April, than we were early-March.

We've got a dozen more, with Roy joining in & Kesler back soon. games #37-48, I predict 9-2-1 to claim the NW for the last time.

Turns out they went 8-3-1, missed it by a point! Schneids came in & saved the day, with that 6 game stretch.

Despite losing the past couple, I suspect people are more optimistic early-April, than we were early-March.

We've got a dozen more, with Roy joining in & Kesler back soon. games #37-48, I predict 9-2-1 to claim the NW for the last time.

Gettin' into the meat of the sched-I feel this pack of games is very crucial. Will prob tell us whether we have a contender for this year...

3x Clb, 2x Minn & Col, singles Nash, Det, StL, Phx, & LA.

Lots of winnable games here, & a score or two to settle. Takes us to late March, should we waste this opportunity, I wonder if it'll affect MG's deadline-approach.

I'll say 8-2-2, but this will be tough with our centre/ Rh-D situation. We badly need a few unlikely guys to STEP UP & play to their contract's worth. Yeah, especially the hunting bible-quoter!

Good luck boys! GCG!!

This upcoming homestand and five-game trip are key...none of those teams are in playoff position except St. Louis for one game, I expect us to get everyone pulling the same way now that the deadline distractions are done, we shouldn't give up more than a couple points the next eight games. The homestand against Detroit, Anaheim and Chicago will be a great bellwether for the playoffs. Might be wise to sit the important players against Chicago, they are a cheap and dirty bunch down there and we don't want another Keith incident, it'd send a message to the League if we sat the Sedins in that game, it was like when they went after Adam Banks in the Mighty Ducks, it was.

This upcoming homestand and five-game trip are key...none of those teams are in playoff position except St. Louis for one game, I expect us to get everyone pulling the same way now that the deadline distractions are done, we shouldn't give up more than a couple points the next eight games. The homestand against Detroit, Anaheim and Chicago will be a great bellwether for the playoffs. Might be wise to sit the important players against Chicago, they are a cheap and dirty bunch down there and we don't want another Keith incident, it'd send a message to the League if we sat the Sedins in that game, it was like when they went after Adam Banks in the Mighty Ducks, it was.

Archived