The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why did we jump in so fast for Sestito?

Bodee

My point was more that we are talking about a 28 year old player who has yet to play an NHL game. The road is littered with former great AHL role players who did not bring that at the NHL level.

It seems that CDC puts him on a pedastal as some 4th line savior when he really has yet to prove anything. No that I don't think he can I just think it is premature for CDC to expect him to be anything yet.

We could've very well called up Vandermeer. (However does he have to pass through waivers first? Edmonton might've scooped him up if that's the case.) In either event, getting Sestito was a knee jerk reaction to losing Volpatti. Volpatti being claimed was surprising.

And apparently we didn't want to have Kassian to start having to fight everybody.

Frankly i'd rather try Ballard at LW than dress Sestito, Vandermeer or Volpatti. But that'll never happen.

We could've very well called up Vandermeer. (However does he have to pass through waivers first? Edmonton might've scooped him up if that's the case.) In either event, getting Sestito was a knee jerk reaction to losing Volpatti. Volpatti being claimed was surprising.

And apparently we didn't want to have Kassian to start having to fight everybody.

Frankly i'd rather try Ballard at LW than dress Sestito, Vandermeer or Volpatti. But that'll never happen.

It's a case of Gillis lucking himself into looking like a genius.

I was pissed that Volpatti was put on waivers (over Weise), then more pissed that he was picked up. Felt much better about it after Sestito was picked up. He actually makes me want to keep Weise.

You know what I like about Sestito?

He actually went after McGrattan after he was running at the Sedins. I don't care if we won or not, he actually did something about it. That's the kind of guy the Canucks need.

Not sure how getting a free (cost no players or picks) NHL ready player can be anything but good. We got what we needed in a time of need. I was sad to see Volpatti go but I haven't minded Sestito's game at all. I've said this before but I love how he butts heads with anyone who messes with his teammates. No muckin' around.

Archived