Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

schneider
Booth
Cannauton
(2014 1st -I'd be willing to add this in to push the deal to get it done)

for

Strome
Okposo
Matt Martin
2013 2nd

what do you all think??

we get youth,
Martin is 23- huge upside
Strome is 20
as well as more scoring and toughness for this year's run (Martin and Okposo)
we get a top prospect who could step into the NHL next year perhaps as our 3C
this sets us up to be tough, young and able to score for years to come.

#2 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

you're high as a kite

Edited by chrisbanks, 07 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#3 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

you're high as a kite

care to elaborate?

#4 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

schneider
Booth
Cannauton
(2014 1st -I'd be willing to add this in to push the deal to get it done)

for

Strome
Okposo
Matt Martin
2013 2nd

what do you all think??

we get youth,
Martin is 23- huge upside
Strome is 20
as well as more scoring and toughness for this year's run (Martin and Okposo)
we get a top prospect who could step into the NHL next year perhaps as our 3C
this sets us up to be tough, young and able to score for years to come.

And who do you plan on replacing Cory? Lack? If you want Youth why not trade Luongo instead. Martin had 14 points in 80 games last year. Tell me where is the upside to all this. And your willing to package a first round pick?

#5 Spyderr

Spyderr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I make that trade purely for strome
Come on LU

#6 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Change Okposo to Moulson.
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#7 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'd make that deal in a heartbeat. I proposed a similar deal in the luongo thread. This is the kind of deal that makes sense to trade Cory over luongo. While I'm more on team Cory, if a deal like this could get done I would way rather trade him than Lu.

My deal was
Schneider and Schroeder

For

Strome and Martin

Straight up youth for youth sacrifice to suit both teams needs better.. While Schroeder is awesome and I would love to have him on this team in the future, he kinda hinders our cup contention roght now just because he's ready too soon. Even though pahlsson didn't work out, we need something like that to fill in for a couple years. Not an undersized offensive forward with potential. Getting Strome would give us a future first line star that could spend a year in the ahl while we take another run at the cup next year. Then he comes in to develop and eventually take the torch. He would just suit our timeline better.

We sacrifice a future star goalie that would make our goaltending better for many more years than luongo and that sucks. However, upside of Strome would be better for us long term. If we are in goaltending trouble down the road we can solve it then.

With this deal your looking at a future of vets Edler, Kesler, Hansen and guys in their prime Kassian, Strome, Jensen, Tanev, Gaunce, Corrado, Martin, Lack and whoever else pleasantly surprises us, Mallet, Labate, McNally? Basically we don't go into rebuild and our window never closes as long as those guys get us in the playoffs.

#8 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

couturier or huberdeau

#9 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

And who do you plan on replacing Cory? Lack? If you want Youth why not trade Luongo instead. Martin had 14 points in 80 games last year. Tell me where is the upside to all this. And your willing to package a first round pick?

Lu will never get you a future star like Strome. we can still compete with him for the remainder of his career and not turn into a mediocre team with a wicked goalie after our core starts to decline.

Martin is awesome. He holds that invaluable Hansen type value. Had a 35 goal season in junior so he could develop a bottom six scoring touch. Probably end up as an awesome third liner in his prime but even if he remains a 4th liner, he's the kind of guy that will give coach the confidence to roll 4 lines in the playoffs and be very effective. Basically Volpatti 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.