Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Tanev on the PP?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

at least he can hold the line

....Love isn't always on time!

Whoa, whoooaa, whoa

#32 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

At this point.. try anything... Although Tanev shys away from shooting. But with his good first pass and calm play, might be a good idea to have him feeding Edler/Garrison.

#33 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I would love to see Tanev on the powerplay, his passing ability is so under-rated.
I think he could be a little more effective, then some of the other d-men we have
used to this point in the season.

#34 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/03/07/tanevs-worth-a-try-on-canucks-ailing-power-play/

Please tell me this is some kind of a joke!?!

Really, Tanev? I love the kid, but are we really going to throw him on the power play before Garisson?

Nothing should surprise me I guess. Edler keeps getting ice time while Ballard sits and Raymand and Schroeder don't get a shot in the shootout.

You'd be a crappy coach if you gave ice time to Ballard over Edler based on their performance this year. Guess u dont watch the news when they say they match up tanev n Ballard to 3rd n 4th line matches

#35 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,370 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Useless blogs are useless.
Posted Image

#36 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,766 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Tanev certainly is one bright spot on this team. Are they trying to figure out what he's worth before signing him to a decent-sized contract?

Who is doing the assessment because the Edler and Garrison deals look a little rich right now?

#37 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Tanev isn't gonna shoot!!! teams will know that and key in on him to take the puck away then ice it. AV'S LOST HIS MIND !!!

never had one

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#38 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

The second unit needs someone to take control of the rush and hamhuis/garrison don't have the mobility to do it

And if he doesn't park behind our own net for 20 seconds every time the puck is iced, bonus!

Edited by Day one, 07 March 2013 - 09:24 PM.

Capture24.jpg

Capture23.jpg

#39 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Personally I prefer Tanev on the PK, Garrison should be slotted onto the top unit. It's been long enough..

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#40 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Personally I prefer Tanev on the PK, Garrison should be slotted onto the top unit. It's been long enough..

isn't that why we signed him?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#41 SpennyCanuck

SpennyCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Why not! Nucks PP can't get any worse... Tanev seems to make the right decision with the puck 90% of the time.

I don't think Tanev is horrible offensively, I just think he has no confidence in the offensive zone. Maybe playing on the PP will give him more confidence which could help his overall game...

If it doesn't work at least AV tried to mix it up and gave Tanev a chance, and if it works out AV will look like a genius.

#42 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

http://blogs.theprov...ing-power-play/

Please tell me this is some kind of a joke!?!

Really, Tanev? I love the kid, but are we really going to throw him on the power play before Garisson?

Nothing should surprise me I guess. Edler keeps getting ice time while Ballard sits and Raymand and Schroeder don't get a shot in the shootout.

I'd put him on the point PP over Schroeder

#43 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would like to see it

a) to Reward Tanev's play
B) Tanev's got no shot to speak of...but has good offensive instincts. Underrated passer. Lots of poise.
He'll put up points if given PP time.

#44 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Tanev's shot looks to be improving, had some good ones the other night. Goalies are supposed to be screened and tips made on the PP anyway. At least he wont get burnt for SH goals like Edler.

#45 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Big Tanev supporter but not for him on the powerplay, the guy is offensively impaired.

Edited by Bure1994Mclean, 08 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#46 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Tanev's strongest asset is his hockey sense. Not the biggest guy, not the fastest, not the best shot but the kid makes good decisions and plays within his means. I say give him a shot.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.