The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

Luongo is terrible

what has he ever won without a gold medal team in front of him?

they guy has a 40 ml contract and is BACKUP!

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT HIS ABILITIES...ITS NOT ME SAYING IT, ITS THE NHL COACHING STAFF AND GM

go whine and tell me you know more than them

FACT = HE IS A BACKUP

Flame me for this, but i don't know if this team will ever win the cup with the sedins. not their fault at all, but the game is evolving, and we are not. the better teams in the league are making us look as physical as a peewee team. That's why we didn't win the cup.

if skill won cups, we would have won it.

Yeah, the Canucks had a whopping 2-0 lead in the series too. It doesn't matter how many goals you are scoring in the games you win, what matters is that you win. How is a team suffering injuries able to outscore multi goal leads that are given up just within the first period of the game? You usually don't. The fact is the Canucks needed Luongo to play like an elite goalie, something he did in some of the games, but in the other games you might as well have put a traffic cone in net. I don't believe its only Luongo that deserves the blame, however, his play was like adding gasoline to a fire.

he's a backup = fact

he's paid 40 ml (and that may be less that his contract didn't do the math= but his contract is enourmous = fact

he's paid to be an elite goalie and a starter and he's a backup = fact

what has he won in the NHL? = nothing = fact

so...

i am stating facts...i know you likely likely but see there's a reason theres a luongo trade thread 6 now, theres a reason the talk has all been about trading him, theres a reason the coach and gm have him as the backup...

its not bc they just feel like screwing him champ...

denial aint a river

how's he playd in the nhl thus far? so you want lack to be the goalie of the future when you haven't even seen him face nhl players? hmm

I guess that means everyone of our players in the minors is going to be a stud in the NHL. Bc clearly there is no risk players can't make the transition.

ok..whatever you say, lets roll the dice on players who've never played. based on that logic, we should trade kesler now bc Schroeder has played in the NHL so he is guaranteed to be a second line star.

follow the logic? perhaps you're getting a bit ahead of yourself...

Flame me for this, but i don't know if this team will ever win the cup with the sedins. not their fault at all, but the game is evolving, and we are not. the better teams in the league are making us look as physical as a peewee team. That's why we didn't win the cup.

if skill won cups, we would have won it.

A loss is still a loss, you are correct, but do you think Luongo gave the Canucks a fair chance to win games 3, 4, and 6? No. That's why he was criticized. He is not the main culprit as I have said earlier, but his play didn't help. Had the Canucks won game 7 (I don't blame him for that) I think everybody would be too busy celebrating and probably wouldn't have cared how we lost, they would just care that we won.

Ah yes. the .001 difference in save % makes all the difference. Either way it's time to move one of them and get something that will help us win the cup. This team needs a big wake up call. Either its a big trade or a coaching change.

Archived