The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

can you read? Did i say Lack is our starter next year? The way Schneider was brought into the NHL without ever playing a game, he has to start sometime, he backed up Lu for the past 3 years....I think I clearly said Lu has a solid 3-4 years left and Lack can be his back up.

Same way Schneider was brought in you do with Lack. Get it genius?

wow u r high give me some of what u r on.. little slump ha 11 games is almost a quarter of a season ... if we keep this little slump up we will Not even have a chance to try and go for the cup

Also when have we ever pulled through umm still no cup

you said "lack is the goalie of our future" ... my point 'genius' is you are suggesting, trading a real proven goalie of our future/stud and HOPING that this kid who's never seen Stamkos fire a puck at him is going to be capable.

Until Lack plays even 1 season as a backup in the NHL /20 plus games to show he can at least compete at this level, it would be sheer stupidity to suggest he's ready.

Unless of course you know more than any pro scout out there...bc then all those guys would be screaming for him in a trade no?

yes because we still got one of those guys here in Luongo.... Lack will only get his chance when one guy is gone, and I clearly haven't suggested he is ready yet.

Just like when Schneider first came in, nobody knew how he would do, he was based on potential and he is still right now potential because he has not played a full season as a starter. That is drafting, nobody knows exactly how a guy will turn out but they draft and sign guys based on potential and they develop them...

If sports teams and Canucks used your logic, Schneider wouldn't have even had his chance yet. And yes the team knows Lack has potential and is young and will develop, that is why he is here.

No disagreement - in the regular season. The reason Lou lost his spot is because of his playoff play (inconsistency).

Add in Schnieder in his few playoff appearances has been lights out (granted this year will be his test, if we make it), and is younger and cheaper, thats why you keep him.

If one argues trade schnieds bec trade value for Lou isn't great and he still gives us a chance to win, especially if we make a great trade ok, I can buy that.

But people stating:

1. That Lou isn't the backup - are in denial

2. That Lou didn't effectively ask for a trade - are in denial

3. That Schnieds gives us great if not better goaltending for a longer period given age - are in denial

4. That Schnieds isn't number 1 - are in denial

5. That the Canucks would much prefer to move Lou - are in denial

that's all. I just think that if the Nucks move Schnieds, its a positional swap and it better bring back a player who is going to make a difference this year in the run, and a stud who will take over Henrik's spot when he's gone. If not there is no reason you can tell me that makes sense to move Schnieds over Lou.

Can everyone just stop with the hatred for Luo or Schneid? The team is not losing because of goaltending. The team can't score goals. We don't have to pick a goalie side! This is unbelievable that people are blaming goalies for our losses.

That said, what is really bothering me is the fact that the team has not yet held a players-only meeting. Every time I see a team struggle for a few games, they hold a players-only meeting and generally work things out. The leadership and camaraderie don't seem to exist with this team anymore.

Archived