The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

A journeyman player walks around one of our top defencemen in Edler then scores right from the slot while our captain watches on doing nothing! To top it off, just 7 hits all game.

AV and Hank after the game said that they played well enough to win but just didn't get some breaks.

Yup...I'm sure we'll be ok.

except he isn't a backup lol, we have 2 starting goalies on this team. Backup goalies play a significantly smaller amount of games. example, Howard has started 21 games in Detroit and Gustavsson has started 1, and Mrazek has started 2.

Schneider has started 13 and Luongo has started 10. Neither one is the clear cut #1 goaltender they are 1 and 1A

I still don't understand why AV doesn't put Kass/Burrows and whoever in the shootout, and why Kass isn't on the first line with the sedins when they were lighting it up at the beginning. Furthermore, you can just put Burrows on any line and hes fine. Put him with Boothy and Schroeds.

It's because juggling lines no longer sparks these guys. They haven't played a game this year where they've had the same lines at the end of a game they started out with. It's old and stale adn it doesn't work!

There is a lack of work-ethic; a lack of intensity and emotion; an acceptance of working just hard enough to stay close.

IN short, the attitude of the team needs to change and no amount of line juggling is going to change that.

A team that consistently underperforms is usually a sing of a team that does not believe that what they are being asked to do will succeed. None of us know for sure if this is the case but considering their intensity and cohesiveness/execution has been in steady decline since SCF, getting worse since last year's loss to LA, perhaps that is what we are really dealing with.

Not an easy fix. Coach has to go and likely some of the core to creat a new message, confidence and feel/influence in the room.

Schender lights out in playoffs? He turned the puck over twice for two direct goals against and then got scored on in hurt himself on the penalty shot on his first game, basically blowing it himself. Then he won one and lost two the next time he played. He's 1-3 with one blown game. Luongo was godly for his first playoff series and won a game 7 in quad OT. The reason Luongo looks 'inconsistent' in the playoffs is exactly the reason people want trades and crap. Our team can't score or defend when it matters. It sucks. If our goalies don't play lights out, we don't win. We can't score for crap in the playoffs. Schneider is having his worst year as far as consistency is concerned and it was the year he was suppose to take over. If we want to win 'right now' Luongo can at least et us to the finals with mediocre scoring, who knows what Schenider if going to do if he's struggling with regular season pressure.

Being completly honest, I changed the game and watched Bos vs TML because it was at least exciting. It was so boring, just terrible terrible hockey...

Team lacks passion, lacks coaching ability, players have tuned him out..

Time for a change of some sort, a major shakeup is needed..

Agree...there is something in the room and as I've said its egos.

There is a divide. There are those vets who are content with being stars in Vancouver, and resting on a SCF appearance, those who are buddies with Lou, and those who just come to do their job.

I do believe the three muskateers of Bieksa/Lou and Kesler need to be moved. This is the cancer and I think its time. Its hard given we're seeing what a hole not haveing Bieksa is (even I am surprised but there is one) and he may not be as big of an issue.

A journeyman player walks around one of our top defencemen in Edler then scores right from the slot while our captain watches on doing nothing! To top it off, just 7 hits all game.

AV and Hank after the game said that they played well enough to win but just didn't get some breaks.

Yup...I'm sure we'll be ok.

Mediocrity has become the norm for the Nucks.

I truly hope they don't believe what they say but I am starting to think they do. That every game is a toss-up. Every team is equal and there are no bad teams. That they are no better than anyone else on any given night and that if they play their system, they will win their share of games.

What a load of dung!! That's sure not the song sheet Joel Quenneville has his team singing from.

Have you ever seen Toews pat an opposing player on the butt and chuckle after getting a penalty called aginast him? OUr captain did. Talk about setting a great example. This is hockey not a popularity contest or game of make-up with friends.

No wonder there is no killer instinct on this team.

There is a divide. There are those vets who are content with being stars in Vancouver, and resting on a SCF appearance, those who are buddies with Lou, and those who just come to do their job.

I do believe the three muskateers of Bieksa/Lou and Kesler need to be moved. This is the cancer and I think its time. Its hard given we're seeing what a hole not haveing Bieksa is (even I am surprised but there is one) and he may not be as big of an issue.

Hey last game we were flat... so what does AV do?

Same lines

Lets keep Schroeder on 4th with Sestito and Weise.

what a dumbass.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Schroeder Burrows

Hansen Raymond Higgins

Sestito Lappiere Weise

I dunno, this might not work but do something for god sakes!!!

Give Columbus some credit they work their asses off and win a few here and there when teams don't capitalize on scoring chances like we didn't.

I thought many Canucks had very solid games tonight besides Edler unfortunately. I actually thought that was one of his better games as pathetic as that is up until he fell on his face on the game winner and he was also a bit of a spectator on the first Columbus goal taking a man but ignoring his post and the puck.

The Canucks aren't getting the results but aren't playing that bad its definitely not doomsday like many here think it is.

Once Bieksa gets back things will improve. Kesler and Bieksa are warriors that hate losing and its very obvious this team is much better all around with them and i think Pinizzotto will also bring a lot to help this team as well.

We will win the division and are a sure cup contender lets just calm down.

Actually, you're wrong about "killer instinct" Chicago.

Patrick Kane from those same vaunted Black Hawks joked with Luongo after Luongo had just robbed him in a shootout this year.

Kriste, every little detail gets blown up to crisis proportion. Armchair psychologists are a penny a million.

Archived