The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

As I was watching this game I was thinking about how this team used to look, how hard we were to beat. Back when we had three solid lines, Kesler anchoring the second line, Malhotra the third. Manny hasn't been the same since his eye injury, of course, and Kesler has been so dogged by injuries it's hard to say if he is still the same player he used to be or not. He looks like he can be, when healthy, but boy it's been a while since we've seen him dominate. Now with Kes on the shelf we have the Sedins and no other real scoring lines at all. And somehow this team has managed to tread water with some at times spectacular goaltending, but minus some baffling defense.

Okay I'm off my soapbox. Not a very good game, not enough offense, and not exactly sure what Edler was doing sprawling on the ice on the OT goal... yikes. On the bright side, they're still collecting points.

I wouldn't go as far as to say fire AV, but the Canucks really need to start managing their assets ( make a move and bring some help likely via goaltending ). And it seems to me there is a few players that could be on different lines, you know put a player in the lineup in a role to succeed.

no. the team's in a major funk. this sort of thing happens over the course of an nhl season. AV's fate will be decided by what happens to the canucks in may/june, not in the middle of the season. we all know that this entire team will be judged by what happens in the playoffs. like it or not, this is the coach and the core group of players we have for the 2013 season. hopefully they can figure it out and take us all the way.

can't just decide to fire the coach and trade the entire team every time we go into a slump ... there's tons of time to turn this around before the playoffs.

Yikes ... I said it once before for a deep draft I'm open to tanking the year and stockpiling high draft picks them revamp for a full year in September.

That or expect this type of play next season. Window has been closed.

No passion, not enough skill, porous d, and goalies who can't seem to get on a roll.

Coaching change solves nothing geniuses and if you think its going to happen while were sitting 3rd in the west 4 points up on minnesota you should shake your heads

also who will replace AV cause i highly doubt Ruff is going to be the miracle cure to get this team back to its winning way

i am no where near the panic level as some of the people on this board simply because with bieksa out the defense is horrible and it shows hopefully he is back soon

Archived