Care to enlighten me learned one?

#332 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I like how this PGT has turned into 5+ pages on the classic Lu vs Schneider debate when goaltending was not even the problem in this game.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#333 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

2 hits in first period tonight! No excuse.

#334 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Lou gave up those goals early in those losses...the Canucks didn't have time to score a goal.

Having said that, there were other issues, namely Hamhuis being injured and Rome thrown out of the series (which i still don't agree with)

It wasn't ALL Lou's fault...but he wasn't very good either. It was a poor end to that series all around.

that 8-1 blowout in game 3 was 0-0 after the first period. How much time do they need? your goalie can't keep it scoreless every game and wait for the team to score 1 goal with 18 seconds left in the game

In our last 2 playoff series (2011 finals and first round against the Kings last year) we scored 16 goals in 12 games. That's not going to win you anything in the playoffs

Edited by Primus099, 07 March 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#335 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yep lets just assume alright... Hell ppl use Cory's 90ish NHL games as saying not shown enough but now were gonna rest our future on a goalie who hasn't even played a single NHL game.. Seriously?

No we are talking about the future. Lack will be backing up Lu and if Schneider is traded would be on the team next year. Luongo still has a solid 3-4 years left in him, and would work as a great mentor to Eddie as they both play similar styles.

I personally want to see Lack the future goalie of this team in 2-3 years
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#336 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

that 8-1 blowout in game 3 was 0-0 after the first period. How much time do they need? your goalie can't keep it scoreless every game and wait for the team to score 1 goal with 18 seconds left in the game

Have I traveled back in time and stumbled upon the SCF GM 7 PGT?

Or wait

This is hell!

I must be dead!

Noooooooooooo!
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#337 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Have I traveled back in time and stumbled upon the SCF GM 7 PGT?

Or wait

This is hell!

I must be dead!

Noooooooooooo!

yes

#338 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hail Glen Hanlon
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#339 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

No we are talking about the future. Lack will be backing up Lu and if Schneider is traded would be on the team next year. Luongo still has a solid 3-4 years left in him, and would work as a great mentor to Eddie as they both play similar styles.

I personally want to see Lack the future goalie of this team in 2-3 years

how's he playd in the nhl thus far? so you want lack to be the goalie of the future when you haven't even seen him face nhl players? hmm

I guess that means everyone of our players in the minors is going to be a stud in the NHL. Bc clearly there is no risk players can't make the transition.

ok..whatever you say, lets roll the dice on players who've never played. based on that logic, we should trade kesler now bc Schroeder has played in the NHL so he is guaranteed to be a second line star.

follow the logic? perhaps you're getting a bit ahead of yourself...

#340 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

LP

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#341 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Luongo is terrible

what has he ever won without a gold medal team in front of him?

they guy has a 40 ml contract and is BACKUP!

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT HIS ABILITIES...ITS NOT ME SAYING IT, ITS THE NHL COACHING STAFF AND GM

go whine and tell me you know more than them

FACT = HE IS A BACKUP

haha how old is this kid?

#342 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

healthy scratch for the next 3 games edler please send him a message, his play is just not acceptable.

For some reason AV is doing nothing about this guy. I think his eyesight is gone more than Malhotra's. He falls down a lot and fans on the puck when making a pass. He does not read the play well at all. Just when will they do something about this guy? Its too late, the whole season is shot now. Any team can beat the Canucks now.

#343 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Maybe the boys should take heed of what Jonathan Toews said about them 2 years ago...they're not as good as everyone thinks, its starting to show...

it's starting to sink in

#344 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Flame me for this, but i don't know if this team will ever win the cup with the sedins. not their fault at all, but the game is evolving, and we are not. the better teams in the league are making us look as physical as a peewee team. That's why we didn't win the cup.

if skill won cups, we would have won it.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#345 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

haha how old is this kid?

he's a backup = fact
he's paid 40 ml (and that may be less that his contract didn't do the math= but his contract is enourmous = fact
he's paid to be an elite goalie and a starter and he's a backup = fact
what has he won in the NHL? = nothing = fact
so...

i am stating facts...i know you likely likely but see there's a reason theres a luongo trade thread 6 now, theres a reason the talk has all been about trading him, theres a reason the coach and gm have him as the backup...

its not bc they just feel like screwing him champ...

denial aint a river

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 07 March 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#346 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, the Canucks had a whopping 2-0 lead in the series too. It doesn't matter how many goals you are scoring in the games you win, what matters is that you win. How is a team suffering injuries able to outscore multi goal leads that are given up just within the first period of the game? You usually don't. The fact is the Canucks needed Luongo to play like an elite goalie, something he did in some of the games, but in the other games you might as well have put a traffic cone in net. I don't believe its only Luongo that deserves the blame, however, his play was like adding gasoline to a fire.

Okay - then likewise, it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 7 goals then.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#347 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Lol

I don't know.

Lets just fire AV and see where we go from there.

Deal.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#348 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

he's a backup = fact
he's paid 40 ml (and that may be less that his contract didn't do the math= but his contract is enourmous = fact
he's paid to be an elite goalie and a starter and he's a backup = fact
what has he won in the NHL? = nothing = fact
so...

i am stating facts...i know you likely likely but see there's a reason theres a luongo trade thread 6 now, theres a reason the talk has all been about trading him, theres a reason the coach and gm have him as the backup...

its not bc they just feel like screwing him champ...

denial aint a river

Karl Malone never won the big one in the NBA. Was he a failure?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#349 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

:picard: Short term memory?

:picard: Reading comprehension not your forte?

I said he was average - didn't say I blamed him for the loss.

Posted Image

#350 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

how's he playd in the nhl thus far? so you want lack to be the goalie of the future when you haven't even seen him face nhl players? hmm

I guess that means everyone of our players in the minors is going to be a stud in the NHL. Bc clearly there is no risk players can't make the transition.

ok..whatever you say, lets roll the dice on players who've never played. based on that logic, we should trade kesler now bc Schroeder has played in the NHL so he is guaranteed to be a second line star.

follow the logic? perhaps you're getting a bit ahead of yourself...

can you read? Did i say Lack is our starter next year? The way Schneider was brought into the NHL without ever playing a game, he has to start sometime, he backed up Lu for the past 3 years....I think I clearly said Lu has a solid 3-4 years left and Lack can be his back up.

Same way Schneider was brought in you do with Lack. Get it genius?

Edited by cmpunk, 07 March 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#351 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Okay - then likewise, it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or 7 goals then.

A loss is still a loss, you are correct, but do you think Luongo gave the Canucks a fair chance to win games 3, 4, and 6? No. That's why he was criticized. He is not the main culprit as I have said earlier, but his play didn't help. Had the Canucks won game 7 (I don't blame him for that) I think everybody would be too busy celebrating and probably wouldn't have cared how we lost, they would just care that we won.

#352 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Sorry, but this team is overrated. They will go nowhere in the playoffs, if they even make it there.

I don't see many positive signs lately.

#353 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

:picard: Reading comprehension not your forte?

I said he was average - didn't say I blamed him for the loss.

Wouldn't exactly say he was average since the Phoenix game.

#354 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Flame me for this, but i don't know if this team will ever win the cup with the sedins. not their fault at all, but the game is evolving, and we are not. the better teams in the league are making us look as physical as a peewee team. That's why we didn't win the cup.

if skill won cups, we would have won it.

disagree. Sedin's aren't the problem.

1. They are elite scorers who have improved every playoff they've played in. You need them. And I don't know how you can expect them to do everything. Malkin and Crosby didn't do everything last year either did they?

2. Its secondary scoring. You need a second line that is tough, tough to play against, and can get 60pts across the line. In 2012 we had that with Kelser's 41 goals, etc. But its gone. That is one of our issues.

3. Other issue we have is on defense. We have a poor system and if you watch the games, both on a normal break out (teams are putting 2 men on the puck constantly now, and we can't get out of our zone), and on the PP using one fwd on a hard forecheck and getting the same results.

In regards to 2:

I would say trade Kesler. There are alot of egos in that room and while AV gives them respect, part of it is I don't believe he has the balls to call them out. Last year when he said Kesler needed to pass more, it wasn't harsh, but you saw Kesler's whiny reaction. This year his agent complains that the Nucks are rushing things, etc etc. He's a primadona and needs to be moved for a guy that played like him when he was trying to prove he was elite (he thinks one year makes him elite and it doesn't, he's selfish player and that Selke 41 goal year turned him into that vs the player that worked his way from the 3rd line). He may not fetch as much as we'd hope given injuries, but you'd get a young stud center in return, package him with Booth and get a young aggressive Kassian 2.0 if you can find it.

Second issue is coaching, and positioning. This needs to change. Our defenders have one play. Up the boards. 1/2 the time the wingers blow the zone too early or are out of position to take a pass (ie standing still), and the center is bunching with that winger vs, opening up for a pass. Speed through the neutral zone comes from quick outlets from your own zone. We don't do this and guess what, we're not getting to the net, and not scoring. Its pretty simple but our coaches are not trusting our dmen to use their heads and be creative, instead ring it up the boards. Either picked off, or the pinching winger/dman stuffs the play and its a turnover.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 07 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#355 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,164 posts

Or Schneider - as Luongo does have the better stats...

Ah yes. the .001 difference in save % makes all the difference. Either way it's time to move one of them and get something that will help us win the cup. This team needs a big wake up call. Either its a big trade or a coaching change.

#356 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Karl Malone never won the big one in the NBA. Was he a failure?

did i say he was a failure? i said he's a backup for a reason...

#357 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

A loss is still a loss, you are correct, but do you think Luongo gave the Canucks a fair chance to win games 3, 4, and 6? No. That's why he was criticized. He is not the main culprit as I have said earlier, but his play didn't help. Had the Canucks won game 7 (I don't blame him for that) I think everybody would be too busy celebrating and probably wouldn't have cared how we lost, they would just care that we won.

Hey - I agree with you.

Posted Image

#358 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Ah yes. the .001 difference in save % makes all the difference. Either way it's time to move one of them and get something that will help us win the cup. This team needs a big wake up call. Either its a big trade or a coaching change.

I think they need to move Lou and Kesler in a blockbuster.

#359 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wouldn't exactly say he was average since the Phoenix game.

A loss is still a loss - even in shootout and OT.

Posted Image

#360 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,243 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Save%, GAA, win/loss ratio...

I agree, the team needs a wake up call.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.