491 replies to this topic

#361 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Sorry, but this team is overrated. They will go nowhere in the playoffs, if they even make it there.

I don't see many positive signs lately.

whats worriesome is the acceptance of getting a point vs. Columbus. I know Hank wants to say the right things and stay focused and positive, and we don't knw what's said in the room, really we don't it could be 100 percent the opposite of what is said in the media. Keep the negativity from spreading, I get that, because it becomes contagious and leads to issues.

BUT

Come on, lets see some fire, some 'its unacceptable', if we are an elite team we should be outcompeting an winning because results matter answers, like the one Schnieds had a few games back where he said 3 goals is too much.

Where is that from our team, our captain etc.

Its getting acceptable to play a terrible game and squeek out a pt vs. the worst team in the league, thats what bothers me. There is just no intensity. And after last year, if they think they can just flip the switch come playoff time, you'd think they would have learned/known better by now, that you can't.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 07 March 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#362 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

did i say he was a failure? i said he's a backup for a reason...

He's an elite goaltender. Put your foot in your mouth.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#363 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Save%, GAA, win/loss ratio...

I agree, the team needs a wake up call.

to me the wake up call has to be big, as in changing the face of this team. Although I still believe it won't happen till the off season but even if we make a big deal soon, i still think this season is a write off.

When I mean big, I mean trading significant guys like Schneider, Edler, Kesler, Booth, Garrison for example
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#364 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

This team is overrated. It's better that they face reality sooner than later
Posted Image

#365 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

can you read? Did i say Lack is our starter next year? The way Schneider was brought into the NHL without ever playing a game, he has to start sometime, he backed up Lu for the past 3 years....I think I clearly said Lu has a solid 3-4 years left and Lack can be his back up.

Same way Schneider was brought in you do with Lack. Get it genius?

you said "lack is the goalie of our future" ... my point 'genius' is you are suggesting, trading a real proven goalie of our future/stud and HOPING that this kid who's never seen Stamkos fire a puck at him is going to be capable.

Until Lack plays even 1 season as a backup in the NHL /20 plus games to show he can at least compete at this level, it would be sheer stupidity to suggest he's ready.

Unless of course you know more than any pro scout out there...bc then all those guys would be screaming for him in a trade no?

#366 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

He's an elite goaltender. Put your foot in your mouth.

\
I never said he wasn't elite, but he's still a backup and there's a better young goaltender in front of him

#367 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

\
I never said he wasn't elite, but he's still a backup and there's a better young goaltender in front of him

Right now, that's not the case. Luongo can still win just as well as Schneider.
Posted Image

#368 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

CDC noobs

Posted Image

#369 darthryan

darthryan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

wow u r high give me some of what u r on.. little slump ha 11 games is almost a quarter of a season ... if we keep this little slump up we will Not even have a chance to try and go for the cup
Also when have we ever pulled through umm still no cup

usual bs canucks faux fan/bandwagoner. It is a slump for sure but look at the MOFO standings now STFU. I swear L.A. barely made the playoffs last year. Some peoples children.
:towel: Posted Image :towel:

#370 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

you said "lack is the goalie of our future" ... my point 'genius' is you are suggesting, trading a real proven goalie of our future/stud and HOPING that this kid who's never seen Stamkos fire a puck at him is going to be capable.

Until Lack plays even 1 season as a backup in the NHL /20 plus games to show he can at least compete at this level, it would be sheer stupidity to suggest he's ready.

Unless of course you know more than any pro scout out there...bc then all those guys would be screaming for him in a trade no?

yes because we still got one of those guys here in Luongo.... Lack will only get his chance when one guy is gone, and I clearly haven't suggested he is ready yet.

Just like when Schneider first came in, nobody knew how he would do, he was based on potential and he is still right now potential because he has not played a full season as a starter. That is drafting, nobody knows exactly how a guy will turn out but they draft and sign guys based on potential and they develop them...

If sports teams and Canucks used your logic, Schneider wouldn't have even had his chance yet. And yes the team knows Lack has potential and is young and will develop, that is why he is here.

Edited by cmpunk, 07 March 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#371 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Logs on CDC after canucks lose to columbus...

Posted Image

The more you watch it, the funnier it gets! :lol:

#372 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Maybe the absolute best thing for this team is to face a bit of adversity here and have to scrape for a playoff spot. Then they will see what mode they have to be in for the playoffs.

#373 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

usual bs canucks faux fan/bandwagoner. It is a slump for sure but look at the MOFO standings now STFU. I swear L.A. barely made the playoffs last year. Some peoples children.

You're right. I think this team still has the talent to make a run during the playoffs. Look at the depth this team has on D, it is tops in the Western conference, undoubtedly. We have two great goalies and our forwards are also decent (they could certainly use another top 6 forward, but what team couldn't?).

The problem I have is with the coaching staff. We don't see what is said during intermissions/practices/days off. However, I have been watching very closely both in the handful of games I've seen live and the games I have seen on TV. The coaching staff does absolutely nothing (particularly AV) to coach the players when they are struggling, particularly the younger guys.

Often, guys like Kassian, Schroeder, and Edler have looked lost out there. I see no guidance from the coaching staff. AV lets these guys die in the water. I don't see AV explaining to Kassian where to position himself in the defensive zone. Nobody is talking to Schroeder if he is struggling to help break out of the zone. These guys need a coaching staff who can explain to them, during the game, what they need to do to adapt. I feel the talent on this team is still there, they just need a coach who can get the most out of this talent. AV is not that coach, at least not anymore.
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#374 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Right now, that's not the case. Luongo can still win just as well as Schneider.

No disagreement - in the regular season. The reason Lou lost his spot is because of his playoff play (inconsistency).

Add in Schnieder in his few playoff appearances has been lights out (granted this year will be his test, if we make it), and is younger and cheaper, thats why you keep him.

If one argues trade schnieds bec trade value for Lou isn't great and he still gives us a chance to win, especially if we make a great trade ok, I can buy that.

But people stating:

1. That Lou isn't the backup - are in denial
2. That Lou didn't effectively ask for a trade - are in denial
3. That Schnieds gives us great if not better goaltending for a longer period given age - are in denial
4. That Schnieds isn't number 1 - are in denial
5. That the Canucks would much prefer to move Lou - are in denial

that's all. I just think that if the Nucks move Schnieds, its a positional swap and it better bring back a player who is going to make a difference this year in the run, and a stud who will take over Henrik's spot when he's gone. If not there is no reason you can tell me that makes sense to move Schnieds over Lou.

#375 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Guess we're going to need one of these again:

#376 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

yes because we still got one of those guys here in Luongo.... Lack will only get his chance when one guy is gone, and I clearly haven't suggested he is ready yet.

Just like when Schneider first came in, nobody knew how he would do, he was based on potential and he is still right now potential because he has not played a full season as a starter. That is drafting, nobody knows exactly how a guy will turn out but they draft and sign guys based on potential and they develop them...

If sports teams and Canucks used your logic, Schneider wouldn't have even had his chance yet. And yes the team knows Lack has potential and is young and will develop, that is why he is here.

Lack is one year younger than Schnieds. And my logic actually makes more sense than yours.

You are rolling dice on your goalie of the future, I am not. Bird in hand.

#377 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

No disagreement - in the regular season. The reason Lou lost his spot is because of his playoff play (inconsistency).

Add in Schnieder in his few playoff appearances has been lights out (granted this year will be his test, if we make it), and is younger and cheaper, thats why you keep him.

If one argues trade schnieds bec trade value for Lou isn't great and he still gives us a chance to win, especially if we make a great trade ok, I can buy that.

But people stating:

1. That Lou isn't the backup - are in denial
2. That Lou didn't effectively ask for a trade - are in denial
3. That Schnieds gives us great if not better goaltending for a longer period given age - are in denial
4. That Schnieds isn't number 1 - are in denial
5. That the Canucks would much prefer to move Lou - are in denial

that's all. I just think that if the Nucks move Schnieds, its a positional swap and it better bring back a player who is going to make a difference this year in the run, and a stud who will take over Henrik's spot when he's gone. If not there is no reason you can tell me that makes sense to move Schnieds over Lou.

if they get a better offer for Schneider than they do for Luongo (and those are the rumours) then they will move Schneider. We're left with a great goalie no matter who we trade so giving away Luongo for nothing when they could potentially get something good back for Schneider would be idiotic.

#378 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Guess we're going to need one of these again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxrmvGTZTGg

\\

Yes and that emotion. I want to see Kass come out next game and just crush someone, get in a fight, and pump his bench up. AV can suck it about reigning him in, the team needs someone to rally around and its quite interesting that since AV pushed him down the chart, and the guy that the team was rallying around/bringing energy /excitement to the lineup has gone quiet, so has the team.

#379 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

An anomaly isn't a gold standard. 8th place teams that squeek into the playoffs don't normally win cups.

As for LA, they made coaching and personel changes that got them on the roll. So if you agree with the LA model, then you agree with posters claiming we need some big trades and a new coach.

Lastly, I am glad you are an undaunted cheerleader of a fan. We need them, but it doesn't make you and elite fan or anyone else a bandwaggoner. It just means you approach the game differently.

Edited by TimberWolf, 07 March 2013 - 10:46 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

“That guys an idiot. It’s his own fault if he can’t tell the difference between an all star center and a plug defenceman”

"It's not the location. We just can't beat the Canucks. Thank god they're in the West."

#380 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Can everyone just stop with the hatred for Luo or Schneid? The team is not losing because of goaltending. The team can't score goals. We don't have to pick a goalie side! This is unbelievable that people are blaming goalies for our losses.

That said, what is really bothering me is the fact that the team has not yet held a players-only meeting. Every time I see a team struggle for a few games, they hold a players-only meeting and generally work things out. The leadership and camaraderie don't seem to exist with this team anymore.

#381 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Meh...not worried at all.

All this over reaction to losing to the lowley bluejackets? They are in last place....so effin what! CBJ regularly beats the Redwings, they smoked SJS this year. Hell, the blackhawks BARELY beat them this year. Losing to the Jackets is nothing to freak out about. There is incredible parity in the NHL. ANY team can beat ANY OTHER team on ANY GIVEN NIGHT!

Bunch of drama queens around here.

That said, I woud really like Edler to play better or GTFO. Trade his ass, I don't even care. Edler and "Norris Candidate" should never be in the same sentence.
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#382 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

whats worriesome is the acceptance of getting a point vs. Columbus. I know Hank wants to say the right things and stay focused and positive, and we don't knw what's said in the room, really we don't it could be 100 percent the opposite of what is said in the media. Keep the negativity from spreading, I get that, because it becomes contagious and leads to issues.

BUT

Come on, lets see some fire, some 'its unacceptable', if we are an elite team we should be outcompeting an winning because results matter answers, like the one Schnieds had a few games back where he said 3 goals is too much.

Where is that from our team, our captain etc.

Its getting acceptable to play a terrible game and squeek out a pt vs. the worst team in the league, thats what bothers me. There is just no intensity. And after last year, if they think they can just flip the switch come playoff time, you'd think they would have learned/known better by now, that you can't.

Mediocrity has become the norm for the Nucks.

I truly hope they don't believe what they say but I am starting to think they do. That every game is a toss-up. Every team is equal and there are no bad teams. That they are no better than anyone else on any given night and that if they play their system, they will win their share of games.

What a load of dung!! That's sure not the song sheet Joel Quenneville has his team singing from.

Have you ever seen Toews pat an opposing player on the butt and chuckle after getting a penalty called aginast him? OUr captain did. Talk about setting a great example. This is hockey not a popularity contest or game of make-up with friends.

No wonder there is no killer instinct on this team.

#383 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

\\

Yes and that emotion. I want to see Kass come out next game and just crush someone, get in a fight, and pump his bench up. AV can suck it about reigning him in, the team needs someone to rally around and its quite interesting that since AV pushed him down the chart, and the guy that the team was rallying around/bringing energy /excitement to the lineup has gone quiet, so has the team.

Won't happen, because AV will force Kass to sit at the end of the bench for the rest of the game. This is AV's system, and this is why we need change.
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#384 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

All this over reaction to losing to the lowley bluejackets? They are in last place....so effin what! CBJ regularly beats the Redwings, they smoked SJS this year. Hell, the blackhawks BARELY beat them this year. Losing to the Jackets is nothing to freak out about. There is incredible parity in the NHL. ANY team can beat ANY OTHER team on ANY GIVEN NIGHT!

That said, I woud really like Edler to play better or GTFO. Trade his ass, I don't even care. Edler and "Norris Candidate" should never be in the same sentence.

You call out others for being upset at a team that has only 8 regulation wins in 23 games as overreacting adn then say to trade Edler who just signed a new contract extension.

Kettle? Pot?

#385 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

if they get a better offer for Schneider than they do for Luongo (and those are the rumours) then they will move Schneider. We're left with a great goalie no matter who we trade so giving away Luongo for nothing when they could potentially get something good back for Schneider would be idiotic.

of course they will get a better offer for schnieder, hes younger, better and cheaper

but if its not what he's worth its the same dilemma as lou then isn't it?

absurd is trading the higher value asset for less than its worth vs. trading the lower value asset for less than its worth

:)

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 07 March 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#386 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Worse part about this is I thought the Canucks would light up Bobrovsky so I sat him on my fantasy team... lol

#387 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

If you really think the concern is over just tonight's loss to Columbus, then you clearly haven't watched this team play (for lack of a better word) for the last several weeks.

#388 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

\

You're out of your mind if you think Schneider is, or ever will be a better goaltender than Luongo.
Posted Image

#389 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

You're out of your mind if you think Schneider is, or ever will be a better goaltender than Luongo.

I guess MG is out of his mind too and you know better than him.

Maybe you should call up Francesco and tell him that you're a better judge of talent than MG.

See if he'll listen

:picard:

#390 CTHcanuck

CTHcanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I dedicate this song to the Canucks for their record the last 11 games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

Sweet Flames hat @ 2:14!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.