491 replies to this topic

#61 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

WTF was that by Henrik on the OT goal... Yes just back off the player and give him all the time and space he needs. That was as poorly as you could play that. This team man.....there is something going on. Alberts after taking the penalty in the 3rd..just zero emotion at all..looked spaced out like he doesn't care whatsoever.

#62 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

BENCH EDLER.
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#63 pavel berezin

pavel berezin

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

As I was watching this game I was thinking about how this team used to look, how hard we were to beat. Back when we had three solid lines, Kesler anchoring the second line, Malhotra the third. Manny hasn't been the same since his eye injury, of course, and Kesler has been so dogged by injuries it's hard to say if he is still the same player he used to be or not. He looks like he can be, when healthy, but boy it's been a while since we've seen him dominate. Now with Kes on the shelf we have the Sedins and no other real scoring lines at all. And somehow this team has managed to tread water with some at times spectacular goaltending, but minus some baffling defense.

Okay I'm off my soapbox. Not a very good game, not enough offense, and not exactly sure what Edler was doing sprawling on the ice on the OT goal... yikes. On the bright side, they're still collecting points.
Pavel Berezin's signature

#64 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Enough is enough. Get rid of Luongo now. No excuses , we can't lose to the last place team.

Or Schneider - as Luongo does have the better stats...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#65 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Has CDC finally seen enough? Remember this goes back to Boston 2012...

When you lose to Columbus and the way you lose. It's just not acceptable. I easily see this team being 10th spot.

Last goal who was covering the shooter?? They are finding ways to lose and offense is dried up.

what an embarrassment. it's pretty clear this team isn't "not showing up" anymore, they're just garbage.

something needs to be changed.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 07 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#66 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts

Edler needs to sit the next game. He needs to wake up. He's much better than this and we all know it.
Posted Image

#67 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Been a die hard fan so I am definitely not a bandwagoner!

We have 11 wins, 12 LOSES!!

Gillis seems unable or unwilling to make a trade, so the only option is for AV and staff to go. We are stale an have been since the Boston game last year. Something is wrong and needs to change!!

#68 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,040 posts

Lord that was a bad game

No team work at all. Every play was a solo dash. David Booth-itis I call it. It's infections apparently.

Edler - sweet lord, he needs a diminished role once Bieksa gets back.

PP is ridiculous.

Faceoff % needs to be better. Manny and Kesler were so good in that regard.

Love Tanev's game. The only Canuck to impress me every game.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#69 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

I've had enough of Valk telling me guys are playing well and skating hard. Stop sugar coating things. Make a move now MG
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#70 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Enough is enough. Get rid of Luongo now. No excuses , we can't lose to the last place team.

What does Luongo got to do with this?! He wasn't even playing tonight! :picard:

#71 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Fire AV i hope people are giving it to gillis on twitter

#72 brownky

brownky

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

WTF was that by Henrik on the OT goal... Yes just back off the player and give him all the time and space he needs. That was as poorly as you could play that. This team man.....there is something going on. Alberts after taking the penalty in the 3rd..just zero emotion at all..looked spaced out like he doesn't care whatsoever.

The entire team looked space cadet-y. No motivation at all to go hard.

It's good for me though, as I'm also a Bluejackets fan. They have little talent, but heart and hard work.

#73 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,681 posts

Tough, tough loss. Losing to Columbus always hurts, especially when the Canucks where the better team.

I think the Canucks need a change, maybe not a big change but something to shake up and wake up the team.

#74 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

million dollar question. Will AV finally bring some emotion in the dressing room after losing to a team thats in last place in the league?!! And will the Canucks finally realize that at this rate they are in danger of not making it to the playoffs.

#75 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,982 posts

Been a die hard fan so I am definitely not a bandwagoner!

We have 11 wins, 12 LOSES!!

Gillis seems unable or unwilling to make a trade, so the only option is for AV and staff to go. We are stale an have been since the Boston game last year. Something is wrong and needs to change!!

Takes another team to make a trade. And if they don't want what we're offering, then it's hard to pull the trigger.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#76 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,476 posts

This season, don't expect too much...MG should make a trade soon even if it includes Schneider, our team can lose to last place team with him too, so whatever goalie we have won't be a problem.

A coaching change is needed, not a trade, especially one involving Schneider who has been one of our only good players recently,

zackass.png

#77 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,887 posts

POPULAR

8 regulation wins in 23 games.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#78 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,969 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

if kass and or booth had any finish, we would be singing a different tune.

#79 AlexEdler11

AlexEdler11

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Coaching change solves nothing geniuses and if you think its going to happen while were sitting 3rd in the west 4 points up on minnesota you should shake your heads

also who will replace AV cause i highly doubt Ruff is going to be the miracle cure to get this team back to its winning way

i am no where near the panic level as some of the people on this board simply because with bieksa out the defense is horrible and it shows hopefully he is back soon

Either way this team needs a shake. For a top $ team their play is horrendous. Our D scores half the goals it seems like, our offence needs a shake up.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the sig!

#80 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,323 posts

that was a pretty perfect shot, Schneider didn't even move until after it went in

Totally the fault of Hank on the back check and then backing off to give the shooter a free run to the net and ......Tangle-foot aka Edler!! The $5Million elite defenceman! haha.

#81 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Fire AV NOW!

no. the team's in a major funk. this sort of thing happens over the course of an nhl season. AV's fate will be decided by what happens to the canucks in may/june, not in the middle of the season. we all know that this entire team will be judged by what happens in the playoffs. like it or not, this is the coach and the core group of players we have for the 2013 season. hopefully they can figure it out and take us all the way.

can't just decide to fire the coach and trade the entire team every time we go into a slump ... there's tons of time to turn this around before the playoffs.

#82 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

As I was watching this game I was thinking about how this team used to look, how hard we were to beat. Back when we had three solid lines, Kesler anchoring the second line, Malhotra the third. Manny hasn't been the same since his eye injury, of course, and Kesler has been so dogged by injuries it's hard to say if he is still the same player he used to be or not. He looks like he can be, when healthy, but boy it's been a while since we've seen him dominate. Now with Kes on the shelf we have the Sedins and no other real scoring lines at all. And somehow this team has managed to tread water with some at times spectacular goaltending, but minus some baffling defense.

Okay I'm off my soapbox. Not a very good game, not enough offense, and not exactly sure what Edler was doing sprawling on the ice on the OT goal... yikes. On the bright side, they're still collecting points.

Ever since we decided to bench Malhotra we had been playing like crap. Beg Malhotra to come back please!

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#83 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

I feel like only 1 line always shows up to the game -sedins-burrows... that's it.. I think AV should just stick with game plan and don't try to juggle lines...
Posted Image

#84 Muse

Muse

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

seriously, if we dont win the cup this year, then we need a change. Should have fired AV after the boston series.

#85 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,226 posts

I dedicate this song to the Canucks for their record the last 11 games:

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#86 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

Half the season is over already, they better get their stuff together
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#87 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

I wouldn't go as far as to say fire AV, but the Canucks really need to start managing their assets ( make a move and bring some help likely via goaltending ). And it seems to me there is a few players that could be on different lines, you know put a player in the lineup in a role to succeed.

your nuts if u wouldn't fire Av his time is done here Next please

#88 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

no. the team's in a major funk. this sort of thing happens over the course of an nhl season. AV's fate will be decided by what happens to the canucks in may/june, not in the middle of the season. we all know that this entire team will be judged by what happens in the playoffs. like it or not, this is the coach and the core group of players we have for the 2013 season. hopefully they can figure it out and take us all the way.

can't just decide to fire the coach and trade the entire team every time we go into a slump ... there's tons of time to turn this around before the playoffs.

*Chews Gum*

#89 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,042 posts

Yikes ... I said it once before for a deep draft I'm open to tanking the year and stockpiling high draft picks them revamp for a full year in September.

That or expect this type of play next season. Window has been closed.

No passion, not enough skill, porous d, and goalies who can't seem to get on a roll.

#90 French Toast Mafia

French Toast Mafia

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Wow this team needs a serious shakeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.