491 replies to this topic

#91 GoCanucksGo#1

GoCanucksGo#1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

I 100% feel that if we just scratch Edler for ONE GAME!!...ONE OR TWO GAMES! He will wake the **** up and play again.

#92 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,623 posts

erhoff >>>> edler
/end story.

#93 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

I really wish Hansen had buried that shorthanded breakaway...

#94 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Coaching change solves nothing geniuses and if you think its going to happen while were sitting 3rd in the west 4 points up on minnesota you should shake your heads

also who will replace AV cause i highly doubt Ruff is going to be the miracle cure to get this team back to its winning way

i am no where near the panic level as some of the people on this board simply because with bieksa out the defense is horrible and it shows hopefully he is back soon

I'd panic if the only thing holding this team together is Bieksa and a wad of AV's chewing gum

#95 Flem

Flem

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

You guys were the better team for sure. We squeaked out a win only because Bob played one of his best games for us. Your nucks are a fine team guys, you don't have to worry

#96 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Enough is enough. Get rid of Luongo now. No excuses , we can't lose to the last place team.

ffs Luongo didn't even play tonight genius

#97 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Or Schneider - as Luongo does have the better stats...

Not even about stats. Schneider clearly is the easier guy to move and his drawing interest from teams too and would get more because of his contract and age.

Another thing people forget we still have Eddie Lack who is very young and has potential to be our future goalie. We can move 1 young goalie because we got another even younger one waiting.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#98 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Canucks need a team shake up. Either AV gets fired, or a trade needs to happen. if we didn't pick up a point for all the overtime games we'd be near the bottom of the league. not acceptable from this team

Ther is no point bringing in a new body to be assimilated inot the Borg that has become the Nucks. The vets on this team set the pace and the agenda so unless you bring in a Crosby or Pronger type of personality to take over teh room, nothing will change.

AV has to go. THis team needs a coach who is in the room with them ripping them to shreds when they mail in a performacne like that. They play like it's a pick-up shinny game at the local pond.

#99 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

if kass and or booth had any finish, we would be singing a different tune.

agreed. this team needs to start capitalizing on opportunities. cannot rely on one goal from the sedins to win us many games. if we can start putting the chances we are generating in the back of the net, things will start to turn around.

call it puck luck, call it finish, we got to start filling the net with rubber. i think we are averaging less than 2.5 goals/game. unacceptable.

#100 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

i don't know man..even if we do make it to the playoffs what are the chances of us pulling an L.A King move like last years playoffs...

#101 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Leafs > Canucks

Just let that sink in for a moment.

zackass.png

#102 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

we're lucky that basically every team in the west except for Anaheim and Chicago are playing jsut as bad if not worse than we are or we would be way out of it at this point.

#103 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

seriously, if we dont win the cup this year, then we need a change. Should have fired AV after the boston series.

Hahahah no chance we win the cup this year bro

#104 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,768 posts

POPULAR

I hope you guys who slam him every game realize how important Bieksa is to this team. He helps hold things together and provides some direction.

There, that feels better.

Posted Image

#105 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

no. the team's in a major funk. this sort of thing happens over the course of an nhl season. AV's fate will be decided by what happens to the canucks in may/june, not in the middle of the season. we all know that this entire team will be judged by what happens in the playoffs. like it or not, this is the coach and the core group of players we have for the 2013 season. hopefully they can figure it out and take us all the way.

can't just decide to fire the coach and trade the entire team every time we go into a slump ... there's tons of time to turn this around before the playoffs.

So the canucls can lose the resy of their games up to the playoffs and its all on the players?
That sounds like complete nonsense to me sorry to say..

#106 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96, 07 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Posted Image

#107 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

were just not that good .. this is an average team .. we need to somehow accept that our window is closed.. its sad .. really sad

#108 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

agreed. this team needs to start capitalizing on opportunities. cannot rely on one goal from the sedins to win us many games. if we can start putting the chances we are generating in the back of the net, things will start to turn around.

call it puck luck, call it finish, we got to start filling the net with rubber. i think we are averaging less than 2.5 goals/game. unacceptable.

speaking of opportunities I really think nucks needs to capitalize in PP...their drought at the moment is not acceptable...

#109 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

You guys were the better team for sure. We squeaked out a win only because Bob played one of his best games for us. Your nucks are a fine team guys, you don't have to worry

Your too nice dude.

You guys were the better team, and yeah we have alot to worry about, this team has been playing like **** since last January and our coaching staff does nothing but throw names in a hat to pick lines.

zackass.png

#110 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

8 regulation wins in 23 games.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#111 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Leafs > Canucks

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Kadri also has more points than the Sedins...

#112 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

I've had enough of Valk telling me guys are playing well and skating hard. Stop sugar coating things. Make a move now MG

I agree with valk that KASS needs to be back with the sedins.... He's been so much better since he's not the new guy anymore....

#113 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Edler is single-handedly sinking this team right now. Hope he wakes up from his coma soon.

#114 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Same story, different day.

Canucks managed 12 scoring chances on the WORST team in the league.

Sergei Bobrovsky out duels Cory Schneider.

If Chris Tanev can't save Alex Edler, no one in the league can.

Next....

#115 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Half the season is over already, they better get their stuff together

...........Anyone not getting enough out of this game ......it is going to be replayed at 8.00pm on Sportsnet.

#116 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

For those that think coaching changes don't work the names of Dan Bylsma and Darryl Sutter come to mind......

#117 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Same story, different day.

Canucks managed 12 scoring chances on the WORST team in the league.

Sergei Bobrovsky out duels Cory Schneider.

Yeah Bobrovsky was huge for them tonight

#118 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

alin vino pls

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#119 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

This season, don't expect too much...MG should make a trade soon even if it includes Schneider, our team can lose to last place team with him too, so whatever goalie we have won't be a problem.

THere's no value in trading a long-term asset like Schneider for a team that is on the decline like the Nucks. TIme to rade some of the vets who are dogging it and bring in some young, hungry players. It 2 or 3 years, we can be a top contender again. Wait much longer, and our ves will have no trade value.

Edler is not going to get better than what we are seeing. LAst year 49 points with a +/- of 0!!! He is a defensive mistake waiting to happen. Trade him now while he may have some value and before his NTC kicks in.

#120 Hock-E-Dad

Hock-E-Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

As much as i'm sick of the AV "Sit on a one goal lead" style of play, the blame for this mess of a season lies with Gillis. He could have dealt Luongo in the off-season but got greedy thinking the 900 year contract he signed Luongo to wouldn't be a problem. Guess what, it is, and every game that goes by with our best trade asset sitting on the bench is another step closer to us missing the playoffs which is now a real possibility.

And the saddest part of all is that it seems clear the Canucks have fallen from their previous elite status and are now outside of their Stanley Cup window. Again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.