The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1 - Blue Jackets 2

lolwut?

As much as i'm sick of the AV "Sit on a one goal lead" style of play, the blame for this mess of a season lies with Gillis. He could have dealt Luongo in the off-season but got greedy thinking the 900 year contract he signed Luongo to wouldn't be a problem. Guess what, it is, and every game that goes by with our best trade asset sitting on the bench is another step closer to us missing the playoffs which is now a real possibility.

And the saddest part of all is that it seems clear the Canucks have fallen from their previous elite status and are now outside of their Stanley Cup window. Again.

Not even about stats. Schneider clearly is the easier guy to move and his drawing interest from teams too and would get more because of his contract and age.

Another thing people forget we still have Eddie Lack who is very young and has potential to be our future goalie. We can move 1 young goalie because we got another even younger one waiting.

I don't think people think about it clearly enough. People aren't just being negative about the team. It's the fact that this is the same team that, while possibly good enough to beat Boston if injuries were nicer, stayed exactly the same while other teams got better. Last year we didn't look like we could win the cup, and we bowed out in the first round. We did not look good in parts of the year. This year we have 8 regulation wins in 23 games. That is crap. Our defense looks terrible. Our offense isn't even good in the regular season, and we already know even when it's good it still sucks for the playoffs.

Minnesota just has to get hot and if we keep playing like this we might actually miss the playoffs altogether. People are being negative because it doesn't seem like we've even got a shot at the cup with the current team. We want trades and coaching changes to try and shake things up. Our goalies aren't saving our ass right now, which they were to start the year. There is no reason to hold onto both of them, when we look like crap with both of them. We need to make a move, whichever gets the best return, be it Schneider, or Luongo. Our defense definitely needs a look, but that might be hard. With that being said.. that means we need to score more. So something has to happen. Either trades for a shakeup, or a new coaching staff to try something different. This PP, PK, and defensive system in general blows, and our offense is terrible again.

nobody said lose the rest of their games. nobody said all on the players. but we are on a 3 game losing streak (two of those being SOLs). we are not playing good hockey right now. but it is hardly cause to start calling for the coaches head. cup is not won at the halfway mark of season.

If you could bring one player back from Buffalo, who would it be: Ehrhoff or Hodgson?

Seeing our weaknesses on D, I'd pick Ehrhoff over Hodgson in a heartbeat.

Coaching change solves nothing geniuses and if you think its going to happen while were sitting 3rd in the west 4 points up on minnesota you should shake your heads

also who will replace AV cause i highly doubt Ruff is going to be the miracle cure to get this team back to its winning way

i am no where near the panic level as some of the people on this board simply because with bieksa out the defense is horrible and it shows hopefully he is back soon

Archived