RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

PLEASE GO TO THE CANUCKS SITE AND LOOK AT SAVE PERCENTAGE

YOU ARE RETARDED

Please take a chill pill and go back to elementary school. Do you even know what EV SV% is. A little lesson, it's called 'even strength save percentage' - you know, where roughly 75% of games are played. And this season, Luongos is well above Schneiders (.932 vs .920).

#242 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

you're an idiot...trying using this thing called google before you spew your stupidity online, it might help you save some face

http://canucks.nhl.c....htm?id=8471239

http://www.nhl.com/i...rcentageLeaders

http://canucks.nhl.c....htm?id=8471239

last one is updated for today..

not to mention there are a number of non starters ahead...so weed those out he's higher

use your brain

ooooooooooooooooooooooo - way to skew the stat fan boy.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#243 Zuongo

Zuongo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

About to watch the replay now. From what I saw it looked like our offence was dead. Edler better have looked better or il be pissed. He needs to sit a game and rethink his play

#244 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Please take a chill pill and go back to elementary school. Do you even know what EV SV% is. A little lesson, it's called 'even strength save percentage' - you know, where roughly 75% of games are played. And this season, Luongos is well above Schneiders (.932 vs .920).

Well Vancouver's point total is NOT well above Minnesota or Calgary's and that's what I would be worried about at the present moment.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#245 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

We scored 1 goal in Columbus

Leave Schnieder alone.

Sorry - he wants to be number 1 then he needs to play like number 1.

I won't leave him alone as long as he is playing average - yes, so is the team. He doesn't get a free ride because some here on CDC coddle him.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#246 Dun Caesar

Dun Caesar

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

8 regulation wins in 23 games.

6 regulation losses in 23 games :/
Lex Luger

#247 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yes based on what? ALL THOSE GREAT GAMES EDDIE HAS PLAYED IN THE NHL????

Stop with this stupidity, the kid hasn't even seen a shot from an NHL team and people are saying he's better than Schnieds. OMFG

Kind of like the people that were saying Schneider is better than Luongo based on 68 games played in the NHL over 4 seasons as a backup?

Edited by Primus099, 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#248 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well Vancouver's point total is NOT well above Minnesota or Calgary's and that's what I would be worried about at the present moment.

Short term - agreed. If Cgy wins their next 2 games, suddenly they're only 2 pts behind Van, which is the scariest thought ever. Long term it's a concern that all aspects of Canucks game are below league average (PP, PK, F/O, GF,GA).

#249 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

well above, can you do math? you think .932 is WELL ABOVE .920??? wow

#250 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Kind of like the people that were saying Schneider is better than Luongo based on 68 games played in the NHL over 4 seasons as a backup?

68 more than 0

#251 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I believe it was John Garret who commented that actually, shourt handed sv % is a better indicator of which goalie is playing better beause that's when the pressure is higher and the better scoring chances usually occur.

Just sayin.

#252 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I won't leave him alone as long as he is playing average - yes, so is the team. He doesn't get a free ride because some here on CDC coddle him.

I agree with Noheart, goaltending isn't the issue. Scoring only one goal against the NHL's worst team is. Schneider shouldn't have to shut out Columbus to win. That' s ridiculous.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#253 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

play like a number 1? wow...hmm...seems to me like he's the only reason we even got a point tonight. lmao...i guess lou's 8 vs Detroit is better hey?

8 8 8

#254 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

well above, can you do math? you think .932 is WELL ABOVE .920??? wow

Lol, you don't? League average is .925 for Ev SV% - league average where Theodore, Clemmenson, and all the other horrible goaltenders stats are lumped in. The variation off .925 is significant. Do you want me to explain what variation means?

#255 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

68 more than 0

more than 0, but not enough to say he's better than a guy who has played 738 games in the NHL

#256 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Maybe the boys should take heed of what Jonathan Toews said about them 2 years ago...they're not as good as everyone thinks, its starting to show...

Not a popular thing to say but despite teh talent and character of Dan and Hank, they do not lead with energy or work ethic. They were peripheral players tonight. One lucky bounce got them a goal and Hank made two very weak/lazy plays to give up the winner.

Unless they bring a dominant presence into the dressing room, somoeone who takes over and calls everyone to account, inlcuding Dan and Hank, there's no personnel change that will lift this team.

This team is losing because it is unfocused and lazy with far too many passengers on any given night. Great goaltending has covered that up for far too long. They are now getting only good goaltending and it is exposing just how brutal they are.

Bowness should be cleaning toilets.

The quote from Toews and the questioning of the Twins role is bonavide IMO. The Canucks are built around the skills of the Sedins. Their puck possession game has not been proven as successful other than during regular season. The ice strategy flows thru the whole lineup. When Manny centered the 3rd line his experience seemed to carry a defense first approach with a odd break. Now the 3rd and even 4th line are doing the cross ice passing, touch passing etc. The north/south game you expect from a 4th line is inconsistant. All this leads to my questioning of coaching and what imperatives they ask for from their lines and their defence. When I see a d-man chipping the puck into the middle of the ice with less than 3 minuutes left in a game, instead of chipping it up the boards I question the strategy.

Van still doesn't appear to have a shutdown game. When things aren't going well a team can fall back to basics and build out their offence as confidence is re-established. Cancuks strategy is to wonder where their offence has gone and try longer passes, more perimeter play and more gambling off their blue line. It puts pressure on their defence and their goaltending.

If everything works it is beautiful to watch but as Toews said it makes the Canucks look better than they are. Beautiful plays are what they are because they don't happen that often! The hope has been that the 2nd line would bere-established and some pressure taken off the Twins. I am still not confident that the 1st line can deliver in CUP play when it is most needed. Quite frankly Kesler has not demonstrated consistant offensive production off the 2nd line at even strength.

Vancouver has not changed enough for opposing coaches to change their game plan against them. Send two deep forecheckers and play the body, especially against the Twins.

#257 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,331 posts

I agree with Noheart, goaltending isn't the issue. Scoring only one goal against the NHL's worst team is. Schneider shouldn't have to shut out Columbus to win. That' s ridiculous.

Really?

Kind of like Luongo against Boston in the SCF now right?

About time you guys fell down that trap.

Canucks scored only 8 goals in 7 games yet most on here blamed Luongo.

Posted Image

#258 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

I believe it was John Garret who commented that actually, shourt handed sv % is a better indicator of which goalie is playing better beause that's when the pressure is higher and the better scoring chances usually occur.

Just sayin.

Short handed SV% is a better indicator? Not according to the stats geeks who track this stuff. And it wouldn't make any sense as teams are shorthanded on average wellllll below the time spent at EV. So ya, it's obviously not a better indicator.

#259 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

play like a number 1? wow...hmm...seems to me like he's the only reason we even got a point tonight. lmao...i guess lou's 8 vs Detroit is better hey?

8 8 8

Better than Schneider's 11.32GAA in his first game. Nice selective memory you have, both goalies have had a blowout game.

#260 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Close friend of the Aquilini family, are you?

No, just confident enough to make an educated assumption on a message board that the coach will be axed before the general manager

IMO, MG's job is secure based on the organization's overall success/improvements, which includes but is not limited to the teams current on-ice performance.

#261 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Something that could really get these guys going emotionally in the next game...

A GOALIE FIGHT!!!

#262 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

8 8 8

Schn11eder?

See - I can play that way too.

Next.

Posted Image

#263 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Something that could really get these guys going emotionally in the next game...

A GOALIE FIGHT!!!

That would be hilarious! I remember Price vs. Thomas and that was pretty funny to watch. Luongo and Schneider are big guys, they could do some damage.

#264 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,331 posts

Anyways...this team needs an offensive shot in the arm.

Score goals and the goals against will go down.

Don't waste time improving the defense - our core guys are fine.

Just score some goals.

Posted Image

#265 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,837 posts

Tough too watch... bounces just ain't goin our way
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#266 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

No actually if you know anything about statistics there infant, you'd know i am 'correcting' it not skewing...

go take a stats course..

#267 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,382 posts

About to watch the replay now. From what I saw it looked like our offence was dead. Edler better have looked better or il be pissed. He needs to sit a game and rethink his play

What are you, some kind of masochist?

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#268 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Lol, you don't? League average is .925 for Ev SV% - league average where Theodore, Clemmenson, and all the other horrible goaltenders stats are lumped in. The variation off .925 is significant. Do you want me to explain what variation means?

Don't waste your time with BuretoMogilny. He's clearly disadvantaged.

#269 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,117 posts

Low point of the Canucks season and I don't have the same confidence in this team as I did in past teams. This has been a fairly ugly season and it's probably going to remain that way with a quick playoff exit, again..
Posted Image

#270 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

No actually if you know anything about statistics there infant, you'd know i am 'correcting' it not skewing...

go take a stats course..

I did and scored a B - back in the fall of 1982 i@ Cap college - back before your mom was probably dating.

You are skewing and making them look favourable.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.