Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

If the mediocre play continues will big changes be on the horizon?

343 members have voted

1. 1. if the canucks continue their mediocre play which is most likely to happen

• one of the goalies are traded
    • a coaching change
    • nothing, gillis will not have the guts to make a major change

Nope. Pattently false. AV has some nice acheivements.

Ruff's resume looks like the profile of an overacheiver on steroids. And instead of telling the boys "make 'em pay with the pp", he'll tell 'em "go out there and make 'em pay with their blood."

That's xactly what this team needs. Immediately.

If Ruff gets picked up by another team, we are going to regret it.

I have always liked AV, and still do. However, I do think it is about time for a change. He'll land on his feet quickly, as any team would love to have him. But teams need a change at times. Aside from the Luongo trade that is inevitable, the teams needs something different.

I still don't get why Gillis brings in players that will benefit the team in some shape or form (Ballard, Garrison, Kassian) and then AV gives them limited minutes, demotes them, scratches them or in Garrison's case not put him on the PP (where most of his goals came from last season) it's frustrating watching Kassian play a 4th line role and we all know what he is capable of.

I'm usually patient with the team when they hit a funk but we seem to be in type of play that we were in the at the end of last season, sitting back early on and coming back then losing it in the end. They seem too comfortable in their environment and MG has to do something Fire AV, trade someone from the core to shock them or something else, but this team needs a wake up call either now or closer to the trade deadline, but if we want a run at the cup something needs to change.

Nope. Pattently false. AV has some nice acheivements.

Ruff's resume looks like the profile of an overacheiver on steroids. And instead of telling the boys "make 'em pay with the pp", he'll tell 'em "go out there and make 'em pay with their blood."

That's xactly what this team needs. Immediately.

If Ruff gets picked up by another team, we are going to regret it.

Has anyone thought of Pat Quinn? He has an extensive resume of coaching many styles and ages of teams. He commands respect at whatever level he has been. If you want an uptempo offence or good defense he has the credentials.

Your not going to win a Stanley Cup with Hansen, Higgins and Raymond as your second line. I think its flipping arrogant and ridiculous that Mike Gillis thinks you can win a Stanley Cup with that. You want to win a cup, the second line should be at least challenging the first line for points.

Not exactly a great resume. 6 years they have missed the playoffs with a 7th well on the way when he was canned.

Lindy Ruff is garbage I'm not interested in.

Expect no changes. We could end up missing the play-offs altogether, and next time around Gillis will do his usual thing of picking up a few depth players at the deadline. Those are the "big changes".we will get.

x2

I like AV and what he has done. But we need a change. We're playing without emotion, or at least very little emotion. Lifeless is a very fitting word to describe the play at the moment.

Though I think if AV becomes available, he'll have a new job faster than Lindy Ruff can say mustache.

Not exactly a great resume. 6 years they have missed the playoffs with a 7th well on the way when he was canned.

Lindy Ruff is garbage I'm not interested in.

I said at the beigining of the season that the Canucks had not address their lack of secondary scoring in the off season and they would probably not get past the first round of the playoffs but I didn't think the defense was also going to go on a vacation this year. I think it is too late now for Gillis to try and move a goalie as he will only be doing it under desperation. Also I think the window of opertunity for this group is almost shut.

ya..Lindy Ruff...that would work....NOT...losing is from many factors...coaching maybe one...but I think it is somewhat premature to sack the coach over a few lacklustre results...the league is very even...get over it.