The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the mediocre play continues will big changes be on the horizon?

Southpop45

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"I understand what Gillis is trying to acheive. Building a Canucks identity by playing guys in the minors for years until they know the way we play. He wants to be like the Red Wings. Yeah, he panicked after the Boston series, but so did we all."

He (MG) may say that but how does that work when you don't have your own affiliate AND you can't draft worth a damn? Gillis doesn't have a clue about team building imo. Considering HOW and WHY we lost and got beaten up in 2010-11 we have too many of the same players on the roster and the guys we got rid of were better than what we brought back.............just a bloody shambles!

I think a goalie is gonna be traded no matter what to fit under the cap next year. If they miss the playoffs I think something will happen. If they make it and go out in round one they might just use the old Kesler was hurt excuse.

hope they get more goal scorers what the heck they doing hardly anything againsts the lowly blue jackets like i said they seem not want to play lack of interest in game never make it if they have to claw their way to eighth look at the standings now they can fall right to 10 maybe for sure av has to go

We have the (correct me if I'm wrong) the highest cap % in the nhl in goaltending.... We will not... I repeat NOT win a cup without using our cap space well. One of our goalies has to go or the season is a wright off. The cap is so important in today's NHL. Fire AV as well, never liked him.

2 presidents trophies are much due to the points we get from our bad division. The points we have by the end of the year are grossly inflated. We don't have a cup, and until that changes, we are a mediocre team. I'm saying this because this team is incredibly talented, and should be winning games consistently.

Did the Kings look like contenders going into the playoffs last year?

I swear.. a lot of Nuck fans have zero perspective. Its constant doom and gloom with this fan base.

Come to reality and realize we arent going to win every game. Every team goes through its low points throughout a season.. we are in ours now, but a shift will come. I personally dont see any big changes on the horizon right now but it may change in a months time. My biggest concern is that Vignault isnt using Kassian and Garrison nearly as much as he should be, but im hoping that changes.

never big changes... minor changes hear and there.. gillis has to watch himself, he is on short leash with the owners with the luongo contract....also don't be up set with me but every team out there knows now that gillis is in a position to buy not dangle... prices will go up and ya i have to say that the best time to trade a goaltender was in the begenning of the year win they where winning. now gillis isn't in a good position. expect nothing or small deals... yikes i just hope he doesn't trade our young prospects like schroder or no don't ever trade away tanev.... ok trade higgins raymond, ballard, and booth . we will see......i know go for perry......

Archived