The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the mediocre play continues will big changes be on the horizon?

Southpop45

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AV needs to go. Why is Lapierre centring a line of Booth and Kassain? Schroeder and Lapierre should switch lines at least give Booth and Kassain a playmaker to play with. I have said it over and over The Canucks will never win the cup with AV behind the bench he is terrible. Each playoff series he gets outcoached and it is getting to the point where it is sad to watch.

Your not going to win a Stanley Cup with Hansen, Higgins and Raymond as your second line. I think its flipping arrogant and ridiculous that Mike Gillis thinks you can win a Stanley Cup with that. You want to win a cup, the second line should be at least challenging the first line for points.

1997-98 † 2003-04 Prince Edward Island Rocket QMJHL Head 70 40 19 5 6 0.650 Lost in round 2 2004-05 Prince Edward Island Rocket QMJHL Head 70 24 39 7 0 0.393 Out of Playoffs 2005-06 Manitoba Moose AHL Head 80 44 24 0 12 0.625 Lost in round 2 2006-07 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 49 26 0 7 0.640 Lost in round 2 2007-08 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 39 33 0 10 0.537 Out of Playoffs 2008-09 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 45 27 0 10 0.610 Lost in round 2 2009-10 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 49 28 0 5 0.628 Lost in round 2 2010-11 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 54 19 0 9 0.713 Lost in Finals 2011-12 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 82 51 22 0 9 0.677 Lost in round 1 2012-13 Vancouver Canucks

If we get bounced in the 1st round or miss the playoffs then major changes need to happen but I'm not so sure Gillis would be the guy who could do it, I mean he went to bat to keep AV this last summer so he wont be firing the coach, even though it's what this team needs. The other issue is the NMC to do a shake up you need to start looking at trade core guys and they all have NMC/NTC and can you really move the Twins or Kesler and stay moving forward as contenders, I really don't think Gillis has ability to move big players, just look at the Luongo situation we're in. Also, when Gillis first came here he didn't make big moves, I just can't see him doing it now. Now I do think Gillis is a good GM and wouldn't want to see him go but he needs to learn to put friendship and business aside.

If we get bounced in the 1st round or miss the playoffs then major changes need to happen but I'm not so sure Gillis would be the guy who could do it, I mean he went to bat to keep AV this last summer so he wont be firing the coach, even though it's what this team needs. The other issue is the NMC to do a shake up you need to start looking at trade core guys and they all have NMC/NTC and can you really move the Twins or Kesler and stay moving forward as contenders, I really don't think Gillis has ability to move big players, just look at the Luongo situation we're in. Also, when Gillis first came here he didn't make big moves, I just can't see him doing it now. Now I do think Gillis is a good GM and wouldn't want to see him go but he needs to learn to put friendship and business aside.

I can't stop Gillis is so full of himself i and has no clue how to run a hockey team, ive watched this team since its birth and the team we had 3 years ago was the best up and coming team we ever had just needed a tweak to win the first ever cup, unfortunately Gillis missed the boat and tweaked the wrong way.

it's time for him to go and let a hockey man take over and hopefully salvage what's left.

Vigneault needs to be fired and Luongo needs to be traded. That kind of overhaul would need to be simultaneous. I love AV to death, I think he's been a great coach for this team but I don't think he's ever had the chops to take us to a cup. Our team right now is probably the most deep among Canucks teams historically and so far they're completely screwing it up.

If we fire him, he'll have job offers flooding his phone very quickly. Sometimes you need a fresh set of eyes to look at the team, so I think the perfect guy to be our next Head Coach is Lindy Ruff. Ruff is tougher than Vigneault, he's got a ton of experience from Buffalo and Florida and he's also a good man. He's got a good relationship with Zack Kassian and it sounds like his departure from the Sabres had more to do with Hodgson's talents than Kassian's weaknesses. Ruff is the man to bring the cup here to Vancouver. I still think AV can too, but this team is really not looking good.

Trade with Phili

Luongo, Ballard/Booth/Raymond, and a 1st for L.Schenn and B.Schenn.

We get a Rhanded Dman(which I think we need) and a 2nd line C till Kesler's back, both are young which is a plus. Phili gets an Elite Goalie, a top6 Dman or a top6 fwd, and a 1st. I have doubts but what do you guys think?

Archived