The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the mediocre play continues will big changes be on the horizon?

Southpop45

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They won't make any significant changes. It's not a guts issue, it's a culture issue. The Canucks are not noted for making "big" changes.

Expect both Lu and Schneider to play the rest of the season together and into the Playoffs. One of those two goalies (probably Lu) will be traded before the end of the off-season. We will just have to see what we get back in return, or what changes happen through trade, but I don't expect anything earth shattering to occur.

with the way the canucks are playing right now it is not hard to imagine that if things dont turn around

quickly then Gillis might be forced into making a big change to the team. now off the top of my head

there are really only two things the canucks could do that would make a significant enough impact:

1) trade one of their goaltenders

or

2) a coaching change

my question to you guys is what do you think is more likely to happen if the mediocre play continues.

my guess would be a coaching change, and someone i would consider for av's replacment is lindy ruff.

How many times does a hot goalie beat us? Weren't we supposed to have the best goalies?

I don't think Gillis has been with it this year and last. I remember he said he'd retire earlier than not; perhaps he will go first? Otherwise no changes happening, and if so look for dumb trade like Cody for kas type idea

Aquilini may not care truly about the fans, but he knows that if this team doesn't make the playoffs, he is losing potential playoff revenue. Guaranteed if we fall out of playoff contention, expect something to happen. A coaching change will be the first step in the right direction, and then perhaps a big trade (Luongo or Schneider). I don't care who goes, they are both elite goalies, but this has got to end now. We badly need some scoring and having 10+ million tied up in goaltending isn't doing this team ANY good.

Trading a goalie isn't going to bring back a better goalie. Or a star D or FW that another team isn't willing to trade.

All aspects of this team are struggling. Goaltending, defence, offence, special teams ..... It's not a matter of tweaking or filling holes. It's not a good time for Vancouver to trade.

If the key players on the team aren't being utilized effectively in the regular season, why would anyone believe they will in the playoffs?

you are all idiots, almost as bad as Leaf fans. Next year we are "The team" in the worst cap position. We have to sign 11 players for less than 3.86 mil to make an NHL roster. Grow up and realise we need to bail on the twins experiment and start over.

Trading a goalie isn't going to bring back a better goalie. Or a star D or FW that another team isn't willing to trade.

All aspects of this team are struggling. Goaltending, defence, offence, special teams ..... It's not a matter of tweaking or filling holes. It's not a good time for Vancouver to trade.

If the key players on the team aren't being utilized effectively in the regular season, why would anyone believe they will in the playoffs?

AV needs to go. Why is Lapierre centring a line of Booth and Kassain? Schroeder and Lapierre should switch lines at least give Booth and Kassain a playmaker to play with. I have said it over and over The Canucks will never win the cup with AV behind the bench he is terrible. Each playoff series he gets outcoached and it is getting to the point where it is sad to watch.

Archived