The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

vancouver Grinders should be the new team name

yete

since the canucks have so many grinders on the team..........

lappy, higgins, hansen, kassian, booth who knows what this guy is?

ebbet, weise, sesito,

is there more?

basic structure of the canucks

1 scoring line

line 2 grinders

line 3 grinders

line 4 - skate around and do nothing

since the canucks have so many grinders on the team..........

lappy, higgins, hansen, kassian, booth who knows what this guy is?

ebbet, weise, sesito,

is there more?

basic structure of the canucks

1 scoring line

line 2 grinders

line 3 grinders

line 4 - skate around and do nothing

Wow maybe me bitching about signing or trading for a true sniper or 2 for the past 3 years is finally starting to sink in. Either goalie will do the job, if the right D core shows up all we really need is a sure shot. The Sedin's as much as we all love them are not always the sure shot anymore, and that leaves.........

Yeah, the team's not really built for high-scoring games. Aside from the Sedins, it's not like there's really one guy with the skill to get it done consistently on the offensive side of things. Kesler's become more predictable, and the attack's been working on the rush to try to stuff one in from in tight in tonight's game. I can't figure out why Schroeder's on the 4th when Lapierre's got the 3rd line role with Booth and Kassian, when Jordan's passing may at least create chances offensively (and yet he's stuck with two 4th liners in Sestito and Weise). Also, not that they're not good but the 2nd line now (Higgins - Raymond - Hansen) is more of a 3rd and they shouldn't be relied upon offensively. Bieksa's injured, Edler's not playing well and the rest of the D (Hamhuis, Tanev, Garrison, Ballard) still need to figure out the combo to work... until AV shuffles them again.

I think for starters the units need to stay consistent until they can gel. That way, when Kesler and Bieksa come back the team would already be rolling.

For now I'd go (it's not great but that's what's there)

Danny - Hank - Burr (keep)

Higgins - Raymond - Hansen (it worked against L.A.)

Booth - Schroeder - Kassian (I think Jordan could really spark this line)

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise (also a win for this line; play maker goes back to the 3rd, banger back to 4th)

I'd also trade for Lubomir Visnovsky or someone like him (Streit?) to man the PP with Edler, then put Schroeder back on the point of the 2nd PP with Edler.

Yes those people are though and play very physical game but they also have the speed.... they can kill penalty so i think its all and equal... if you expect 4th line to score 30 goals then your out of your mind. I don't know how come you think hansen, higgins, nad booth are grinder.... they are just not playing their usual game..

But I don't see "grinders" as a bad thing. We had a team of "grinders" in '94 and nearly won the cup with them.

"Grinders", to me, implies that they're in there, grinding it out. Working hard. How can you have a problem with Hansen's game? Higgins has been a true asset in my mind. Lappy. Once the Booth floodgates open, I'd imagine we'll be rethinking that. He hasn't had much puck luck but when it comes, look out.

I don't make a negative connection with grinders.

ebbet a grinder LOL

That's AV's fault. He'd rather go with a sure grinders that does nothing extraordinary but makes no mistakes, tahn giving a shot to a talented player like hodgons, Kassian, Schroeder, Grabner, etc. and risking them making mistakes

I think our problem is we don't have ENOUGH grinders IMO. Grinders win you cups and are not necessarily low scoring either.

Heart and soul players that will battle it out to the death, go into the dirty areas and have strong puck battles. We have very few of those kinds of players.

Higgins, Hansen, Burrows (to an extent, still think he is too soft), Kesler (to an extent as well, too many antics) and Kassian (not yet but he will develop into one).

Torres was one of those players, although I understand that his style of play and attention from the refs is why MG hesitated in re-signing him.

Guys like Brouwer, Hartnell, Simmonds, Richards and D Brown.

I know it will never happen, and he hates the team, but a guy like Clowe is EXACTLY what this team needs.

But I don't see "grinders" as a bad thing. We had a team of "grinders" in '94 and nearly won the cup with them.

"Grinders", to me, implies that they're in there, grinding it out. Working hard. How can you have a problem with Hansen's game? Higgins has been a true asset in my mind. Lappy. Once the Booth floodgates open, I'd imagine we'll be rethinking that. He hasn't had much puck luck but when it comes, look out.

I don't make a negative connection with grinders.

Archived