18 replies to this topic

#1 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

If av was ever fired what would you think of Garry valk as coach he's a former canucks player he knows the game and on those post game talks he says everything that av is doing wrong and saying things these boards want like garrison on the pp why is Schroeder there , he points out when Edler plays bad not praises him like av haha just wanted to know your guys thought on that, GV as coach

#2 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

If av was ever fired what would you think of Garry valk as coach he's a former canucks player he knows the game and on those post game talks he says everything that av is doing wrong and saying things these boards want like garrison on the pp why is Schroeder there , he points out when Edler plays bad not praises him like av haha just wanted to know your guys thought on that, GV as coach

My brain read Gay V right there...

On topic though, I don't think he is experienced enough in coaching to jump straight into an NHL job. In fact, I'm not sure that he has ever coached before.

Edited by Crom!, 08 March 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#3 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

On topic though, I don't think he is experienced enough in coaching to jump straight into an NHL job. In fact, I'm not sure that he has ever coached before.

Yeah that's true

#4 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

John Garret for assistant??
Posted Image

#5 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Gary Valk is the love child bi-product of Gary Bettman and Paul Ruebens

Lets try a different ex-plug
Posted Image

#6 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

FFS stop laying all this on AV. Don't you realise this team hasn't had an upgrade out of Gillis in getting on for 3 years. What coach is going to do better in a situation like that?

Worse still is if Gillis and his scouts had been worth a damn in the draft, we would have had far more coming out of our system and might not even had to trade for big upgrades.
Kevin.jpg

#7 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,405 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

God I'm glad better minds than this will be making these decisions.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#8 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

I reffed a game this year where he was coaching atom A, I think he's ready to take the next step and coach the canucks.
Posted Image
Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Boston Bruins Posted Image

#9 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

:lol:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#10 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,664 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Gotta Love former hockey player turned analyst Garry Valk, but I don't think he has enough experience to coach in the NHL.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#11 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

But how would we know his take on the Safeway item of the day if he doesn't have a mic!
Posted Image

#12 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Bad idea. Valk has not preformed the actual function of coach on a profession team.

#13 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Lets also get Don Taylor in on the gig

#14 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

This is a terrible idea. No.
Posted Image

#15 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Well considering the fact that the Triple AAA Bantam Girls team I used to coach beat the Valk-coached NSWC team 8-1 and 5-0 I'm guessing maybe he isn't ready for the Big Show. Good idea though. B)
Posted Image

#16 Nordiques_fan

Nordiques_fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

I reffed a game this year where he was coaching atom A, I think he's ready to take the next step and coach the canucks.

Haha! This made me laugh!

#17 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

So what if he has no experience as a coach; GMMG had no experience as a GM and we all know that he is the most brilliant hockey mind of the century. He could be the next Dave Tippett.

#18 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Harold Snepts

#19 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

No lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.