Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ballard

for

White 3rd round pick

both players been healthy scratches, we move our bottom pairing lefty for a righty

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,951 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I would do that, but not sure Detroit would want to add the pick. I wouldn't want it to be straight up if I could help it since we'd possibly lose White to free agency and that'd mean we got a rental for Ballard.

Would we want to re-sign White? Could it be a conditional pick?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I would do that, but not sure Detroit would want to add the pick. I wouldn't want it to be straight up if I could help it since we'd possibly lose White to free agency and that'd mean we got a rental for Ballard.

Would we want to re-sign White? Could it be a conditional pick?

Well, I believe the sentiment is that Ballard will be moved due to the falling cap, so acquiring an expiring contract would make some sense.

I agree with the conditional pick part. 3rd if he walks 5th if he signs

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,951 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Agreed, and it's a LH for a RH, which we could use as depth. Not sure we'd get any pick if he signs though.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

i added the pick because Ballard is signed passed this season.

It could very well be conditional if he resigns or not. Or like a poster said 3rd if he walks 5th if he resigns, if we win the cup its just a straight up trade.

Its basically a swap that gives us a right shooting d man. Its about addressing our teams need while saving some cap and moving 1 of the many lefties we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.