9 replies to this topic

#1 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

So I'm not a big fan of trading Schneider but at this point I think we need to move a goalie before the deadline. My reasoning being, there is going to be a lot of movement/selling of players when the cap drops making the return less later than sooner. The reason for moving schneids is that he's easier to move an would bring a bigger return. Also we have lack waiting in the wings. We know Luo is a great mentor and he seems to get along we'll with lack (check out there twitter convos)

Canucks get- Jenner, mason/bobrovsky, boll 2013 2nd

Columbus gets- Schneider, Raymond 3rd?
Would we need to add the pick?

I am kinda stealing this from another post but I liked it.

Van gets- white and a 4th

Det gets- Ballard

Sedins-burr
Booth kes kassian
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Sesito Lappy wiese

Hamhuis bieksa
Edler Tanev
Garrison white

Schneider
Mason/bobrovsky

We can trade mason bobrovsky at the draft if it looks like lack will be available if not we have a backup already.

#2 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

so copy my detroit literally to a T

and the columbus trade is a crapty return

#3 Malkin Cookies

Malkin Cookies

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

How did we trade schneider to columbus and still end up with him on our roster after the trade?

qrj53a.jpg

Thanks to VC

#4 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,577 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Why would Columbus want Schneider (or Luongo) when they got Bobrovsky?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#5 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Haha oops meant Luo inner....... Yes I tborrowed your Detroit trade. Think of it as a compliment. I'm not sure how its a crappy return, it fills a need. Also meant to have boll in on the 4th as well

#6 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Why would St. Louis want want Elliot when they have halak, why would Chicago want emery when they have Crawford? Having two quality tenders beats having one

#7 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

boll is a 4th liner.

Jenner is a prospect thats intriguing but we need help now.

Mason is a struggling goalie who will cost over 3m to qualify, so we have 7m in goalies now

Remove raymond add weise and put brassard/letestu/prospal in your deal

We dont need to add a 3rd to the deal either.

If we end up moving schneider I want an elite return impact current top 6 forward or top 4 young signed right handed d man, not a reclamation expensive back up, a prospect who isnt in the leauge and a 4th line. the 2nd rounder is ok would prefer the rangers 1st though

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,208 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

That is no where near what it would take to pry Schneider from. Any Schneider to Columbus talk starts with Johansen

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 canuckforlife91

canuckforlife91

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Trade Schneider, park Sestito in front of the net on the power plays, put Kas back with the twins, oh ya , and Barker sucks
That is all.

#10 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Giving up Schneider is tough I'd really prefer not to do it but who is out there who is likely to pick up Luo from now until next season. Being generous I'd say nyi, Tampa, Florida, Columbus, Washington. They all have something van would be interested in but if they were willing to pay the price wouldn't it have happened by now? Now who would be interested in schneids. Pretty much the same teams but then add teams like NJ, Winnipeg, an maybe Minnesota. It's not a very big pool to begin with but I could see more interest given to schneids. Especially as there are a few goalies out there likely to be shopped in the next year.

In response to Erik.

I'd put boll on the 4th. Thinking on it we could use a bit more help but is brassard/ letestu the answer? We don't really need another left handed d man. Brassard would fill a need at C but our cap would be getting up there if we kept Raymond as well. I suppose we could make another trade. And as for mason he is rfa next year would he really command 3m? Other than a good rookie year what has he done lately? I could see a short term deal in the 2m range. If Lack is ready then we could trade him for a pick or add as a package for something else of need next year. Either sign an trade or trade rights. Anyway I really don't see the need for goalies in the league being more than the supply at the moment or foreseeable future. While it might not be an amazing return it would improve our club in places we need.

So how about van- Jenner, boll, mason/bobrovsky brassard and a 2nd (yes nyr 1st would be great but in reality it won't be a big difference)

Columbus- Schneider, wiese and yes Raymond ( I like Raymond but they are giving up a bit and it would even it up)

In a different circumstance I know we could get more but really we have a deadline to trade a goalie. What happens when we get to that deadline an we still have both. What happens if a goalie won't play until he or the other is traded. What if the time comes the demand hasn't changed and we get lowballed even worse? I'm not sold on this trade exclusively but something along these lines wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.