Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Split up the twins until Kes is back? (forward lines)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

First off, I'd like to say I've always been AGAINST splitting up the twins. That being said, I think this is the only time it makes a LITTLE sense.

They're playing extremely well together right now but we are a one line team. Av has tried so many different line combinations and I think this is one of our last choices.

Henrik I'm confident about and he can still play like an MVP without Daniel.

Daniel has been struggling a little... I've noticed he isn't getting bounces and is missing golden opportunities, so maybe he'll find some puck luck on a different line. Hopefully he just elevates his game.

Here is my suggestions (feel free to suggest any changes) I'm not an NHL coach obviously... just arm chairing

Line 1. Booth Hank Kass
Booth and kass have been doing pretty well together, just not getting the goals. I'm almost certain this line will be an effective first line. I really think Hank can dominate on this line

Line 2. Daniel Schroeder Burr
Daniel IS good enough and should boost this line tremendously. I would try jshro first instead of lappy as I think his style fits best with Daniel and Alex's.

Line 3. Higgy MayRay Hansen
Loving how this line has played together. I wouldn't touch them ... must give AV props for using Raymond as a center. I never thought it could work. I wouldn't juggle this line at all. Keep them together and they'll get you goals and play well defensively.

Line 4 Sestito Lappy Weise
Lappy and Shro can be changed if need be.
I like this fourth line though... they haven't been great but they don't make big mistakes and get a few chances

What do you guys think? Any changes? Or just entirely a terrible idea to split up the twins?

I won't get into the defense and I definitely won't get into the goalie situation as even I know I'm the biggest Luongo homer out there hahaha.

Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#2 hockeyiscool

hockeyiscool

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I agree

#3 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

So they can bring their subpar efforts to two lines?

#4 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think now more than ever we shouldn't split up the twins.

They are the only thing about this team that is going well, and their point-a-game efforts are the main reason we're getting a point out of games.

I've been for splitting them up at times in the past. But not at the moment.

If the rest of the players on the team can't play good hockey, then they just can't.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#5 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Sedin line is the only thing keeping us in games right now.. Every line needs to be switched up except for the 1st

#6 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Absolutely not.

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Due to everyone else sucking, I'd rather have 1 good line than none.

#8 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

What I would do is use the 2nd power play unit as the first.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#9 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

will splitting up the twins solve our crappy D ?

#10 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

So they can bring their subpar efforts to two lines?

Most points , best +\-, we don't appreciate how good they are and will regret it when they're done here.

How are comments like this still possible?

#11 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

will splitting up the twins solve our crappy D ?

Hamhuis-Sedin
Sedin-Edler
Ballard-Tanev

Cup yo.

#12 How the west was won

How the west was won

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm with you on this one.

I'm tired of seeing opportunities wasted because that one extra pass is made. Daniel just might be the play maker the second line needs.

Booth Hank Burrows
Danial Kesler Kassian

Thats a solid looking top 6. I know kesler is out so slot in schroeder until kes comes back

#13 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

We have one sick line thats always dangerous and consistent as hell and you want to take the one positive away from this team...ya ...no
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#14 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Most points , best +\-, we don't appreciate how good they are and will regret it when they're done here.

How are comments like this still possible?

Best on the team. Which is want you expect from your top line. And considering we don't have much of a second or third line, it's not saying much.

The only regret I will have when they are gone is that they weren't able to bring us a cup.

#15 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just like my coach on NHL13 BeaPro, I propose this.

Play them on forward and D.
Posted Image

#16 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I agree split em up to wake up the rest of the team..these lines are no worse then what we've seen

Edited by deized_kanuck604, 09 March 2013 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#17 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

I'm with you on this one.

I'm tired of seeing opportunities wasted because that one extra pass is made. Daniel just might be the play maker the second line needs.

Booth Hank Burrows
Danial Kesler Kassian

Thats a solid looking top 6. I know kesler is out so slot in schroeder until kes comes back

really? You want to move Daniel to the 2nd line and Booth up to the first? :picard:

#18 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hamhuis-Sedin
Sedin-Edler
Ballard-Tanev

Cup yo.

Love how you leave out our 1st/2nd best defenseman in bieksa(tanev is playing as good)
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#19 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

To all those saying don't experiment with teh tiwins...they are doing okay but the team is struggling and losing. How valuable is it to have them carry on in a bubble while the rest of the team sucks?

Neither Sedin is in the top 5 for points, goals or assists. There is not a single Canucks in the top 5 of any category tracked by the NHL. THis team is not a contender at present and a shake-up is necessary and that includes the twins.

Yes, they have put up points but this isn't about their stats. Hank was the major reason they lost in OT the other night because he and Danny are playing soft, lackluster hockey aside from their PPG production. THe only game this year where I have seen them polay the style of game they need to to really lift and lead this team was against LA in Vancouver. Aside from that, they have basically mailed in 15 of every one of their 20 minutes per game.

MIx them up. If they can't handle it, it just proves they will continue to struggle in the post-season when matchups and adjustments are necessary.

Flame away.

#20 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

No. Bad idea.
Posted Image

#21 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

What happened to all those people claiming we're a better team without Ryan Kesler?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I agree split em up to wake up the rest of the team..these lines are no worse then what we've seen

I agree
People said AV has juggled the lines already but he really hasnt
Sedins and Burrows has been the same, Shroeder has been parked on the 4th with guys with no hands
Only Hansen Raymond Higgens line has worked out and that was due to losing centres.
It's not like it can go much worse at this point.

I don't agree with the mentality to just stick with the only line that works.
Henrik and Daniel are so talented that they can bring up the performance of the other lines.
If Hank gets 1st line playing up to their potential and Daniel and Burr get 2nd line going, it would be solid

#23 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

1A and 1B lines could work in the meantime, it's worth a shot at this point

#24 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I agree in the sense that this contributes to the lack of success overall for the top 6. We have $12 million tied up into two allstars, who apparently don't know how to play hockey without each other. Any other team besides San Jose would probably be able to handle the loss of Kesler a lot better by spreading around the talent.

Part of being leaders on this team is making other players better, taking on new challenges, and doing what the team needs to win, and producing at the same time. It's time to get back to basics and the Sedins should be able to be down with that.

Edited by Dogbyte, 09 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#25 How the west was won

How the west was won

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

really? You want to move Daniel to the 2nd line and Booth up to the first? :picard:

So the team is desperately needing a playmaker on the second line, and that is just what Danial will be on that line. Having 2 playmakers on one line at this point is not working as well as it could.

Also, remember when Danial was out for like 15 games 2 years ago and Hank played just fine? Didn't he win the Art Ross that year.

They will play fine and much better than the rest of the team.

Then reunite them for the power play, this way the opposing team won't have had the rest of the game to learn their plays

Edited by How_the_west_was_won, 09 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#26 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

So the team is desperately needing a playmaker on the second line, and that is just what Danial will be on that line. Having 2 playmakers on one line at this point is not working as well as it could.

Also, remember when Danial was out for like 15 games 2 years ago and Hank played just fine? Didn't he win the Art Ross that year.

They will play fine and much better than the rest of the team.

Then reunite them for the power play, this way the opposing team won't have had the rest of the game to learn their plays

Not just Daniel but also having Burr on 2nd line will help. Burrows has become quite the set up man as well.
I can see all 3 players on the 2nd line distributing the puck quite well.
Hank on the other hand ONLY passes while Kassian does both (shoot and pass) while Booth only shoots. So its nice to have that chemistry/mix in the top 2 lines

With the way the Hansen lines has been playing, if this works, we would have 3 solid lines to balance the scoring.
Our top line would prob be in the bottom half of the league but line 2 and 3 should make up for it

Edited by CanucksJay, 09 March 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#27 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Why so much resistance? If it doesn' twork, it can be abandonced.

The team is playing like crap offensively and needs something to change the look and chemistry (except for Hansen,Ray and HIggins).

AV has bounced everyone else around with no results, what makes the Sedins untouchable? It is this very "eliteness" that keeps them from being the real leaders they could be. If they want ot be leaders, they should be willing to sacrifice their comfort zone to get the team going.

I, for one, am not convinced that their beautiful passing play goals can get it done in the playoffs and that adding those skills to other lines where they can be used in conjunction with more speed and "garbage" goals will in fact make them and the whole team more effective in the playoffs (if we get there) and harder to shut down.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 09 March 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#28 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Why so much resistance? If it doesn' twork, it can be abandonced.

The team is playing like crap offensively and needs something to change the look and chemistry (except for Hansen,Ray and HIggins).

AV has bounced everyone else around with no results, what makes the Sedins untouchable? It is this very "eliteness" that keeps them from being the real leaders they could be. If they want ot be leaders, they should be willing to sacrifice their comfort zone to get the team going.

I, for one, am not convinced that their beautiful passing play goals can get it done in the playoffs and that adding those skills to other lines where they can be used in conjunction with more speed and "garbage" goals will in fact make them and the whole team more effective in the playoffs (if we get there) and harder to shut down.

I agree. There's no harm in trying. It's not like line choices are permanent and we can always go back if its not working.
Wouldn't it be funny if everything clicked once the Sedins spread their talent on different lines and we end up winning the cup that way?

#29 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I wouldn't split them up right now. They're the ONLY line consistently creating goals. The Raymond and Lapierre lines have been good as well, good offensive zone time and a lot of chances. Just no goals. I'd leave the lines as they are right now (maybe switch Schroeder and Lapierre.

The real problem is we're still missing Kesler. He's is the crux of the team. He puts everyone in their proper positions and brings balance all across the lineup.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#30 How the west was won

How the west was won

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

I wouldn't split them up right now. They're the ONLY line consistently creating goals. The Raymond and Lapierre lines have been good as well, good offensive zone time and a lot of chances. Just no goals. I'd leave the lines as they are right now (maybe switch Schroeder and Lapierre.

The real problem is we're still missing Kesler. He's is the crux of the team. He puts everyone in their proper positions and brings balance all across the lineup.

The problem with that is relying on a guy who is injury prone. The Canucks need to work on being a better team without relying on Kesler to bring the energy and tenacity as well as the Sedin's scoring. That is why breaking up the Sedin's makes so much sense. If we break them up the team scoring won't come from the Sedin's predictable style of play, it will come from the sedin's ability to find players who have a good look at the net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.