The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Split up the twins until Kes is back? (forward lines)

apollo

I agree in the sense that this contributes to the lack of success overall for the top 6. We have $12 million tied up into two allstars, who apparently don't know how to play hockey without each other. Any other team besides San Jose would probably be able to handle the loss of Kesler a lot better by spreading around the talent.

Part of being leaders on this team is making other players better, taking on new challenges, and doing what the team needs to win, and producing at the same time. It's time to get back to basics and the Sedins should be able to be down with that.

So the team is desperately needing a playmaker on the second line, and that is just what Danial will be on that line. Having 2 playmakers on one line at this point is not working as well as it could.

Also, remember when Danial was out for like 15 games 2 years ago and Hank played just fine? Didn't he win the Art Ross that year.

They will play fine and much better than the rest of the team.

Then reunite them for the power play, this way the opposing team won't have had the rest of the game to learn their plays

Why so much resistance? If it doesn' twork, it can be abandonced.

The team is playing like crap offensively and needs something to change the look and chemistry (except for Hansen,Ray and HIggins).

AV has bounced everyone else around with no results, what makes the Sedins untouchable? It is this very "eliteness" that keeps them from being the real leaders they could be. If they want ot be leaders, they should be willing to sacrifice their comfort zone to get the team going.

I, for one, am not convinced that their beautiful passing play goals can get it done in the playoffs and that adding those skills to other lines where they can be used in conjunction with more speed and "garbage" goals will in fact make them and the whole team more effective in the playoffs (if we get there) and harder to shut down.

Why so much resistance? If it doesn' twork, it can be abandonced.

The team is playing like crap offensively and needs something to change the look and chemistry (except for Hansen,Ray and HIggins).

AV has bounced everyone else around with no results, what makes the Sedins untouchable? It is this very "eliteness" that keeps them from being the real leaders they could be. If they want ot be leaders, they should be willing to sacrifice their comfort zone to get the team going.

I, for one, am not convinced that their beautiful passing play goals can get it done in the playoffs and that adding those skills to other lines where they can be used in conjunction with more speed and "garbage" goals will in fact make them and the whole team more effective in the playoffs (if we get there) and harder to shut down.

I wouldn't split them up right now. They're the ONLY line consistently creating goals. The Raymond and Lapierre lines have been good as well, good offensive zone time and a lot of chances. Just no goals. I'd leave the lines as they are right now (maybe switch Schroeder and Lapierre.

The real problem is we're still missing Kesler. He's is the crux of the team. He puts everyone in their proper positions and brings balance all across the lineup.

I wouldn't split them up right now. They're the ONLY line consistently creating goals. The Raymond and Lapierre lines have been good as well, good offensive zone time and a lot of chances. Just no goals. I'd leave the lines as they are right now (maybe switch Schroeder and Lapierre.

The real problem is we're still missing Kesler. He's is the crux of the team. He puts everyone in their proper positions and brings balance all across the lineup.

First off, I'd like to say I've always been AGAINST splitting up the twins. That being said, I think this is the only time it makes a LITTLE sense.

They're playing extremely well together right now but we are a one line team. Av has tried so many different line combinations and I think this is one of our last choices.

Henrik I'm confident about and he can still play like an MVP without Daniel.

Daniel has been struggling a little... I've noticed he isn't getting bounces and is missing golden opportunities, so maybe he'll find some puck luck on a different line. Hopefully he just elevates his game.

Here is my suggestions (feel free to suggest any changes) I'm not an NHL coach obviously... just arm chairing

Line 1. Booth Hank Kass

Booth and kass have been doing pretty well together, just not getting the goals. I'm almost certain this line will be an effective first line. I really think Hank can dominate on this line

Line 2. Daniel Schroeder Burr

Daniel IS good enough and should boost this line tremendously. I would try jshro first instead of lappy as I think his style fits best with Daniel and Alex's.

Line 3. Higgy MayRay Hansen

Loving how this line has played together. I wouldn't touch them ... must give AV props for using Raymond as a center. I never thought it could work. I wouldn't juggle this line at all. Keep them together and they'll get you goals and play well defensively.

Line 4 Sestito Lappy Weise

Lappy and Shro can be changed if need be.

I like this fourth line though... they haven't been great but they don't make big mistakes and get a few chances

What do you guys think? Any changes? Or just entirely a terrible idea to split up the twins?

I won't get into the defense and I definitely won't get into the goalie situation as even I know I'm the biggest Luongo homer out there hahaha.

The problem with that is relying on a guy who is injury prone. The Canucks need to work on being a better team without relying on Kesler to bring the energy and tenacity as well as the Sedin's scoring. That is why breaking up the Sedin's makes so much sense. If we break them up the team scoring won't come from the Sedin's predictable style of play, it will come from the sedin's ability to find players who have a good look at the net

To be fair, if you subtract a top-line player from any team they will be significantly worse off. Take away Hossa from Chicago, Zetterberg from Detroit, Richards from LA, Bergeron from Boston...they're not the same teams.

I'm just of the opinion splitting the Sedins is a bad move. Together they're greater than the sum of their parts. Together they can make plays no one else can. We've seen before when Daniel is out that Henrik is capable of stepping up. But he has to do everything himself, and it looks like he's always looking for someone. Someone that's not there, or someone who doesn't have the ability to play at the same level as Henrik.

The Sedin/Sedin/Burrows line has innate chemistry. The rest of the team has to find a way to score. Raymond, Booth, Higgins and Hansen are all tweener players capable of a point every other game. When Kesler is healthy he is a force.

Archived