Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Clowe to Boston

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

For the love of God I hope not. Lucic, Clowe, Chara, McQuaid, and Thornton on the same team is just unfair.

Imagine all of them on the ice at the same time going against the Canucks

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Every time I open this section of the forum and see "Clowe to Boston" I cringe and my heart stops a bit... Can you add a question mark to this?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#33 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Caron and Peverley going back the other way then I guess since they are bringing in a center from Sweden?

Edited by Terry Crews, 08 March 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Looking forward to the draft and off-season moves. This team needs major changes.

Needs to get more skilled,physical, faster, younger.

#34 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Clowe :)

Make it happen
Posted Image

#35 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

They're all perceived as good guys to have in the playoffs yet none have impressive #'s. Lucic and Burr floating around 1/2ppg, Clowe has the best, a lot of it comes from the 10/11 run. We complain about the Sedins, while they do need to up their game series to series, still are way above any of those 3 and others like them.

And what exactly do the Sedins provide if they aren't scoring points, not much, where as Clowe and Lucic provide grit, toughness and physicality when they aren't scoring, which is paramount to playoff success and Burrows provides excellent penalty killing as well as grit. If you're going to compare players, then at least compare apples to apples. And your comparison doesn't make the Sedins look all that great because if they aint scoring then they aint doing much, unlike the other players above.

#36 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

who the hell gave you the plus 1?

Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks are addressing different needs

Looks like Boston is going after another dirty player

As for Vancouver they are looking for an offensisve defencemen. Sure someone like Clowe will help, but thats not our main priorty right now.

How is Clowe dirty?

Punch to Kesler's face after game 2 when Kes was trashtalking him?

Going after Shaw after a dirty hit on Pavelski?

Or trying to stand up to his captain by going after Toews?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#37 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Kassian fills all those needs you just mentioned

Really? So when did Kassian score 20 goals? Kass is a rookie who can't play two games the same yet. Clowe is a proven 20 goal scorer in the NHL. He has size and meanness. So far Kassian has proven nothing.
Clowe will go for a draft pick and/or a prospect if he does go. If I was gillis I would be first in line.

Sedin Sedin Clowe
Booth Kesler Higgins/Kassian
Hansen Raymond Higgins/Kassian
Weise lappiere pizzo

To me those are 3 quality lines with some toughness and size on each one.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#38 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Really? So when did Kassian score 20 goals? Kass is a rookie who can't play two games the same yet. Clowe is a proven 20 goal scorer in the NHL. He has size and meanness. So far Kassian has proven nothing.
Clowe will go for a draft pick and/or a prospect if he does go. If I was gillis I would be first in line.

Sedin Sedin Clowe
Weise lappiere pizzo

Where's Burr?

And unfortunately San Jose probably won't be trading Clowe to a Western conference team...
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#39 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Sedin Sedin Clowe
Weise lappiere pizzo

3 "quality" lines? Did you waive Burrows?

Posted Image

#40 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't understand why the Sharks would want to trade Clowe away.

Boston would have to give up some pretty damn good value to pry him out.

Because they wanted to when Boston asked. That's the bit of the process MG can't figure out. He sits on his ass waiting on the desperate types like Florida to phone him and dupe him again and again.

I am a bit pissed at this because I have shown Clowe as a better tougher, bigger option to Booth. Sad fact is MG might have got Clowe for Booth.
Kevin.jpg

#41 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Surprised nobody here even wants a crack at Clowe. He makes us a better team. Everyone wants to put Kassian one the first line with the Sedins. What about a guy like Clowe? 20 goal scorer who has a real mean streak. Sounds like exactly what we need. Addresses a toughness area we lack in the playoffs, has good hands, size, seems to me if the Sharks are shopping, gillis should be there too.

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM
I would still trade Booth for Clowe or Ryan (if it could be done) I don't like seeing Volpatti fight guys 20 lbs bigger than him even when he puts up a pretty good show. He is going to get hurt. Clowe would have mangled Reaves.

Edited by Bodee, 09 March 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#42 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Because they wanted to when Boston asked. That's the bit of the process MG can't figure out. He sits on his ass waiting on the desperate types like Florida to phone him and dupe him again and again.

I am a bit pissed at this because I have shown Clowe as a better tougher, bigger option to Booth. Sad fact is MG might have got Clowe for Booth.

No, the sad fact for Canucks fans is that San Jose probably will not trade Clowe to a Western Conference playoff bound team unless they receive an overpayment.

Just think about it, would you trade Clowe to San Jose for Booth if you were in their shoes?

Raymond and a pick might get the deal done though
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#43 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

3 "quality" lines? Did you waive Burrows?

Slip of the mind. He takes the spot of Higgins/Kassian on the second. One of those two moves to fourth.

Sedin sedin clowe
Booth Kesler Burrows
Hansen Raymond Kassian
Weise/pizzo lappiere Higgins

QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#44 heysoulsisters21

heysoulsisters21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

dirt goes to dirtbag

boston's gonna shine with clowe coming in

#45 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,527 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I don't know about Clowe anymore.

I think there's something wrong with his brain.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#46 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

They can have him. Clowe had tons of potential but I think he's lost his mind a bit. If that's the case, he'll fit right in with idiots like Marchand and Thornton.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#47 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

I would love to have Clowe on our team. With him, Kassian, and Sesisto (rotating into the lineup) on this team, we'd have the kind of toughness that could be VERY useful in the playoffs. NO ONE would try to bully us out of a playoff series again (see the 2011 SCFs).
Posted Image

#48 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,351 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

San Jose could desperately use some defencemen, and now with Boston getting great production from Dougie they can afford to part with a top-4 guy.

Ference for Clowe?
Posted Image

#49 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

San Jose could desperately use some defencemen, and now with Boston getting great production from Dougie they can afford to part with a top-4 guy.

Ference for Clowe?

They are doing fine on defense with Vlasic, Demers, Burns, Boyle, Stuart, and Murray. Just need a solid depth dman, Ference will just go to waste on that team.
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#50 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

What a ridiculous story. As if Boston would just pluck morrow or clowe. All right, the Canucks are looking at acquiring stamkos and Malkin

Edited by clutesi, 11 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#51 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

I would poop a little bit if Clowe actually ended up with Boston.

Can you imagine..

#52 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Jimmy Murphy@MurphysLaw74

I know the Bruins have strong interest in Ryane Clowe but asking price is 1st rd pk and prospect from what I am told. Too high.

#53 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

no matter who is on the canucks AV will bring the team down

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#54 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't understand why all the Canucks fans are all in arms about Clowe Boston. What matter does it make? They are a Eastern team. Who cares. Gosh.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#55 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Clowe absolutely despises the Canucks, and San Jose is not fond of us either.

He would never come here.

#56 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

I still don't see the Sharks moving him at all. I don't expect him to be moved any time soon.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.