Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver + Florida

Florida

Mason Raymond

2nd Round Pick

Vancouver

Mike Weaver

Marcel Goc

Gives us a very high end 3rd line center, and a very underrated shutdown defenseman who had ridiculous success with Jason Garrison in the past.

Hansen Goc Higgins <-- uber checking line

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrison Weaver

* Meant Burrows on the top line, not Kesler

- I don't know if I agree that Raymond is too important. He has looked good this season... but Marcel Goc is the closest thing to 2009-2010 Manny Malhotra around.

- Weaver gives us a guy who we know would fit into the lineup in at least 1 combination. I think its a foregone conclusion that Ballard is on his way out by next year. So we bring in a guy who can log heavy minutes when needed to, but is priced as a 3rd pairing guy.

We would then have to move Ballard, and Raymond once again is providing secondary offense.

Maybe Raymond for Goc one for one, but I am also not keen on giving up our 2nd as this draft is so deep, and I don't think Weaver is worth the 2nd.

I would consider Raymond for Goc, but seeing as we are already struggling to score goals, trading away our 2nd leading scorer wouldn't solve our problems.

I wouldn't go that far, Schroeder though impressive hasn't produced all that much, Jensen had a great year in the SEL but isn't ready to jump in and be a major contributor, and unless he shows that he is in the AHL then we shouldn't even bother calling him up (so far he has had 1 uneventful game)

Kassian could maybe supply some of that but with the way Raymond is playing I don't think he covers it completely. Plus from there perspective Raymond is an upcoming UFA so he really doesn't add anything.

I don't think any of these guys 100% substitute for Raymond.

I feel like Gocs heavy lifting ability down the middle is more of a need than Raymonds secondary offense.

I would rather see Schroeder take over for Raymond than see Lapierre take over for Manny Malhotra (2009-2010 version).

(Hope that makes sense)

At this point, all I care about is that they pull off a trade so shake things up a little. The team is lost right now.... though we do seem to go through this for a spell every year. This year we may not have the time to pull our socks back up.

Florida has sucky goaltening, and Markstrom doesn't appear to be ready for primetime... so maybe they could still be interested in Luongo.

Archived